6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

2013 f350 myford touch with nav issue?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2013, 10:13 PM
SultanGris
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 f350 myford touch with nav issue?

I have a strange random problem where sometimes when I start my truck the climate control defaults to off. Maybe once out of every 20 starts it happens and I can't figure out why. Sometimes it's the radio and sometimes the climate system, never both of them together though. I always leave my climate on auto and I never shut the radio off. Sometimes it happens when I turn the key to the on position while its running after using the remote starter as the climate system has always been on when started by remote,and sometimes when I start it manually with the key it will be off. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this? Just updated with what was on the website and it still occurs. Makes no sense to me, I was thinking software bug? Highly annoying, I was hoping that update would fix it.

Old 11-21-2013, 10:20 PM
Quadzilla
Postmaster
My truck was doing the same thing, so when I took it in for routine service, I was told that there's a flash/update for the system. I had them do that while they had the truck, and I haven't had a problem since.

I hope that helps.

Old 11-21-2013, 10:49 PM
SultanGris
Elder User
Is it one you can't do yourself? I just bought mine in August, prior to this update the song playing on sirius wasn't listed on the home screen, only the channel name was. Now they both show up which is nice.

Old 11-22-2013, 05:11 AM
senix
Super Moderator
Received 1,418 Likes on 1,013 Posts
my climate is fine. Has always worked, but every once in a while my entertainment system will have no sound till I shut it off and back on again.

Every have that issue?

Old 11-22-2013, 05:53 AM
SultanGris
Elder User
Originally Posted by senix
my climate is fine. Has always worked, but every once in a while my entertainment system will have no sound till I shut it off and back on again.

Every have that issue?
Never had that happen, mine is completely shut off with the power button shown on the screen even though it was on when I shut the truck off, but it doesn't happen very often. Can't figure out why our what causes it, lol! 99% of the time its still on just like I left it.

Old 11-22-2013, 06:18 AM
senix
Super Moderator
I would bet that it is a related issue to me. There still seems to be no pattern to it at all for me either.

It's computers and I think that has something to do with it. A communication error.

Old 11-22-2013, 06:58 AM
Quadzilla
Postmaster
I don't know if it's something you can do yourself, I didn't ask. Since I was dropping the truck off for service anyway, I just had the dealership do it.
My problem was intermittent. At times, when I'd start the truck, even though the radio had been on when the truck was shut off, the radio would be shut off, with the on/off switch displayed. At other times, the volume would be off, as if it had been muted. All I'd have to do was adjust the volume to bring it back. Most if the time, the system worked fine. These problems only came up occasionally.

Old 11-22-2013, 07:03 AM
senix
Super Moderator
adjusting the volume did not bring it back. I had to shut it off.

Old 11-22-2013, 08:27 AM
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by SultanGris
I have a strange random problem where sometimes when I start my truck the climate control defaults to off. Maybe once out of every 20 starts it happens and I can't figure out why. ...
Hi Sultan Gris,

If you shoot your VIN over, I can check for any SSM's or TSB's that might address that kind of behavior. I don't think a master reset would necessarily root out that kind of bug, but it's still worth a shot if you want to give that a try. It all depends on where in the system the issue is stemming from.

Antonio

Old 11-22-2013, 09:06 AM
Ferguson65
Logistics Pro
Received 200 Likes on 85 Posts
Originally Posted by senix

Every have that issue?
Mine does this once in a while. No pattern to it, just here and there, no sound from the radio, or it turns off completely and shows the power button. I've had the A/c controls act weird at startup, but that happens far less than the radio. I can usually get it to work by changing the stations.

I have the newest update on a flash drive in the console, but constantly forget to do it. The last time I tried it didn't prompt me with anything, so I just took it out. I think I found out how to do it now, and I'll be taking a longer ride on Sunday so I'll try it again.

Old 11-22-2013, 10:55 AM
Byram
Posting Guru

My most noticeable is the A/C - Remote start - A/C on Auto -

When I get in the A/C is cooling well (As well as it can with a brown truck in Texas summer heat) with remote start - the insert key & turn and the blower stops - if you check to see if A/C still on auto & temp set to low - All is good - just no blower...

Many times I wait a couple of minutes to see if the blower will fire up - but no avail.....

Have to manually increase blower speed...

If I don't remote start - I have never noticed the problem.......

Old 11-22-2013, 03:09 PM
BrianSF-GA
Junior User
Picked up my new 2013 the first of last month and I noticed the same issue twice ... the climate control was off at remote startup after the key was turned on when the climate control was left on during the last shut off.

By the way, I sure wish the climate control would allow settings of what the outside temperature needs to be for the climate control to turn on the heat & seats with remote start. It doesn't come on until it is below freezing ... heat would be nice when the outside temp is in the high 30's & 40's.

Old 11-24-2013, 11:25 AM
EO2SeaBee
Hotshot
Received 95 Likes on 45 Posts
When I remote start, my heated seats/steering wheel activate below maybe 50° or so. When I get in and insert the key, the blower slows down - I assume due to the heater core not producing any warmth yet. Also the heated seats shut down, even if they were on when I shut the truck down the previous evening, so I have to switch them back on. As the engine warms, the blower activates again to maintain what I have set as "my temp". I don't have the supplemental heat as I live just outside of Houston. I do have the block heater though, and have used it a couple of times just to try it out, and I have warm air after only a few minutes of driving. I haven't felt that this was a problem, and actually assumed it was how the system was designed to work.

Old 11-24-2013, 12:55 PM
SultanGris
Elder User
Originally Posted by EO2SeaBee
When I remote start, my heated seats/steering wheel activate below maybe 50° or so. When I get in and insert the key, the blower slows down - I assume due to the heater core not producing any warmth yet. Also the heated seats shut down, even if they were on when I shut the truck down the previous evening, so I have to switch them back on. As the engine warms, the blower activates again to maintain what I have set as "my temp". I don't have the supplemental heat as I live just outside of Houston. I do have the block heater though, and have used it a couple of times just to try it out, and I have warm air after only a few minutes of driving. I haven't felt that this was a problem, and actually assumed it was how the system was designed to work.
My seats shut off when I turn the key as well.

Old 11-26-2013, 12:28 AM
Blaster7Romeo
Senior User
everything that has been mentioned already happens to me... with no rhyme or reason.. and sometimes when I press a preset button in the radio it looks like I changed it.. makes the little nose like I changed it... bit dose not change ... there is an update for mine but I have yet to do it..

Quick Reply: 2013 f350 myford touch with nav issue?