Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

how to make f150 91 more street looking

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2013, 08:15 AM
gildardo01
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
how to make f150 91 more street looking

hey there i have a f150 year 91 2wd with 31 in tires road tires not mud tires... stock height.. i want to make it more of a street truck for some reason it looks like an off road or country truck.. i dont want to lower it though.. does one anyone have pick of a street looking ford? thanks

Old 11-18-2013, 10:29 AM
mr.fordneck
Senior User
You could get a led turn signal light bar that mounts under the tailgate. You could upgrade the wheels with American Racing wheels and tires with some old fashioned BFGoodrich Radials. Also, upgrading the headlights and taillights will make a huge difference. Window tint, exhaust. You could swap the bench seat for buckets, upgrade the headliner, and put in a stereo system. There's a lot of ways to go about it depending on how much you want to spend and how flashy you want it to be. Lowering it makes the most difference though. You could also buy F150 Nite edition parts or F150 Lightning parts for a race look

Old 11-18-2013, 10:32 AM
mr.fordneck
Senior User
This is kind of a subtle look that's very popular..... found this on the internet

Old 11-18-2013, 01:39 PM
Sapphire Blue_95
Senior User
Chrome is always a good choice on these trucks.....really the last trucks (in general) that sported this much chrome on it. A couple of years ago, Ford had an option of a 'F-150 Chrome Edition', but it just doesn't look right after seeing so many new ones with painted door handles, mirrors, bumpers, etc.

I like the bed rails on my truck, in addition to the chrome mirrors, etc. If your truck doesn't have as much, you might could add subtle chrome to give it a nice look.

Old 11-18-2013, 01:44 PM
gildardo01
Freshman User
thanks for the input by the way what do you mean by upgrading the headlights and taillight... upgrade to what?

Old 11-18-2013, 01:48 PM
gildardo01
Freshman User
i´ll take pic this week and post them.. that way you all can see what im working with..

Old 11-18-2013, 02:16 PM
mr.fordneck
Senior User
Originally Posted by gildardo01
thanks for the input by the way what do you mean by upgrading the headlights and taillight... upgrade to what?
Headlights: If yours are scratched an yellowed, get a new set. They're not too expensive and they make a world of difference. They also sell Euro style headlights if that's your thing. Xenon bulbs are a great upgrade visually and safety wise.

Taillights give a little more options. You could smoke them (if it's legal in your state). They look awesome on a darker colored truck

They sell tons of Euro style taillights like this.

Old 11-18-2013, 03:39 PM
White 97 xlt
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by mr.fordneck
Headlights: If yours are scratched an yellowed, get a new set. They're not too expensive and they make a world of difference. They also sell Euro style headlights if that's your thing. Xenon bulbs are a great upgrade visually and safety wise.

Taillights give a little more options. You could smoke them (if it's legal in your state). They look awesome on a darker colored truck

To me those things look like crap!!!! It looks like some dumb a$$ backed into a tree and broke out the real lens and grabbed what ever they could find to sick in there to to make it look somewhat legal to keep the cops off of their butt!!! Looks almost as good as painting the bulb red after you busted out the lens!!!!

Old 11-18-2013, 05:39 PM
Krisverde
Elder User
Needs moar lower. I know you don't want too but it will help alot IMO

Old 11-18-2013, 06:41 PM
Jarryd
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by mr.fordneck

Is that your blue truck? I'm thinking about tinting my tails but I'd need more black accents before going that route trying to get ideas on how to go about doing it.

Old 11-19-2013, 09:43 PM
mr.fordneck
Senior User
Originally Posted by Jarryd
Is that your blue truck? I'm thinking about tinting my tails but I'd need more black accents before going that route trying to get ideas on how to go about doing it.
Not my truck, sorry.

Old 11-19-2013, 09:45 PM
mr.fordneck
Senior User
Originally Posted by Krisverde
Needs moar lower. I know you don't want too but it will help alot IMO
to this. It really will do the most to affect the look of the truck

Old 11-21-2013, 05:23 AM
TexasGuy001
Hotshot
Received 205 Likes on 165 Posts
In my opinion a nice street look would just be slightly lowering the truck, at least the rear. Stick on JCW or Styling Concepts type parts do not help the looks of our trucks. Those accessories just clutter it up. I'd skip almost all if the aftermarket lights too. By the way, tinted tail lights are illegal in every state and for good reason. It makes the vehicle less visable. Im a fan of 31 inch tires on our trucks, but that size doesn't really work with a muscle truck look. Here is an excellent example of a sweet bricknose.

http://www.fordtruckclub.net/forum/s...ead.php?t=6860

Old 11-21-2013, 10:11 AM
svp_evo
Senior User
Good looking f150 in that link Texas..
Wonder what kind of gains he sees with that snailshell SC and what rpm his cam is making the most HP.

Just get rid of the mudders or knobby tires and go with a street tread with smaller side wall and some decent shoes (but you will end up with bigger gap between fender and tire if you dont keep same OD). Rims and tires do as much for a truck as dumping it. I thought about lowering my 90 but I still use it as a truck. Was really toying with the idea of air bags for about a week.

Old 11-24-2013, 01:16 AM
Trombogon
Senior User
Lowering, xenon headlights, flashy rims, expensive stereo... on a bricknose Ford? Are you guys trying to make him into a redneck pimp? The truth is your truck is always gonna look like a farm/work truck, most of these pictures they're showing you are 92-96, which IMO is a much more urbanized look. If lookin' like a hard workin' man bothers you that much, a lot of guys on here switch out their bricknoses for pretty boy front ends. Plenty of threads on how to do that.

Quick Reply: how to make f150 91 more street looking