1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Anyone know what´s happened to midfifty

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2013, 11:52 PM
jimcar-9
Posting Guru
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Anyone know what´s happened to midfifty

Hi guys

I have sent some questions to midfifty this automn to make shure I really know the specs of the parts I order "before" I make the order and they have been nice/friendly and answere, up until 2013-10-18, science then it has been dead quiet.

The reason I make the question is that once I have ordered the part to the other side of the globe, any return or warranties are pretty much out the window as the shipping fees back to US is not out of this world. So it is just not worth it, (lets say if I order parts I belived was in a certain way and it turned out to be in a nother way)

I have tried Dianes e-mail and also the contact form on the website, no result.

Are they feed up with me? or has something happened?

Has anyone had contact with them recently?

Ps: This is in now way an attempt to "dirt talk" them, I would really need answers on some question othervise I wont order those specific parts. Ds

Thanks

Old 11-12-2013, 12:01 AM
Kurt G.
Laughing Gas
Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by jimcar-9
Hi guys

Has anyone had contact with them recently?

Thanks
Yes Jim I've talked to them lately. Are you calling during hours, diffetent time zone and all.

Old 11-12-2013, 12:10 AM
jimcar-9
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Kurt G.
Yes Jim I've talked to them lately. Are you calling during hours, diffetent time zone and all.
Well that´s on of the problem, we are 9 hours apart, so I have usually used the e-mail.

And it is easier for me to ask the correct questions in writing instead of speaking english on the phone.

Usually I have had an answere the next day but the last month and severaly e-mails it has been dead quiet.

Old 11-12-2013, 02:43 AM
Aus56
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have made 2 reasonable sized purchases from them and been pretty happy with their dealings. However I recently sent emails asking for info as you have done and got no reply. I didn't want to spend another $500 or so and not know in what condition a particular part may arrive and what would happen it it did get broken in transit.

Never got a response and did not phone as my Australian accent has been somewhat of a problem on 2 previous calls. I have thought since that I should probably go ahead and order the parts I want, and then they contact you by email to confirm the order, and that is the time I did query something when I did a previous order. My questions were answered at that time. If I am not happy with the answer at that stage I will not go ahead with the order.

Best I can offer you. Hope it helps.

Old 11-12-2013, 03:13 AM
jimcar-9
Posting Guru
Interesting that the phenomena is not isolated to myself only.

But if that´s the case, I can give my money to someone else?

Suggestions?

Old 11-12-2013, 05:22 AM
Aus56
Elder User
Jim, I guess they probably get hundreds of emails a day, I guess they may only answer the ones they think will lead to a straight forward sale. I found it frustrating, as I was concerned about the part I wanted (drivers window, main thing I was worried about how it was packed and how it would survive the trip.) I would have appreciated a response, I had spent $1000 with them and was planning on another $500

I can buy it from them with freight, same price as getting it made here and it will be the right size, I am not particularly sure my broken one is quite the correct size.

The lack of response to one or two emails was the only part of dealing with them I wasn't happy about. Several of the little things I bought were not quite the same as the original part although they seem ok.

Old 11-12-2013, 05:40 AM
jimcar-9
Posting Guru
I made shure that I was about to spend about 2500-3000 $, in the email. Still nothing.

Old 11-12-2013, 05:47 AM
The Horvaths
Posting Guru
Maybe you can ask us about fit/form as many have bought from them recently.
As for email, I imagine that they might need folks working full time just sorting through the spam to find the customer mail. Then there are the ineffective automated filters that might force a customer's email to the trash bin. That typically takes a dedicated employee to sort out and, being a small business, I doubt that they can afford/justify the extra manpower. Their customer service, in my experience, is exemplary. Maybe you could set an alarm and call in during their regular hours.

Old 11-12-2013, 06:04 AM
jimcar-9
Posting Guru
Well I hope atleast the emails generated on their own website would be able to reach them?

Old 11-12-2013, 06:28 AM
Aus56
Elder User
Yes you would think so wouldn't you.

Anyway, as Jeremy, is it, commented, they have problems, spam or too many emails. Certainly blokes on here can probably help you with info on items you wish to buy. I just wanted info on packing for transit and follow up if not received intact.

All the best with it, and good luck and enjoyment with your purchases.

Old 11-12-2013, 07:01 AM
19fifty4
Postmaster
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Sounds like your emails may not be getting thru as opposed to ignored. I can understand you wanting to communicate via email but you might have to give them a call and have them send you an email you can reply to.

Also, as suggested, depending on what you are trying to accomplish you can get some feedback from the guys on this forum. It might help to narrow down your questions to midfifties and make it easier for them to respond.

Good luck.

Old 11-12-2013, 07:07 AM
jimcar-9
Posting Guru
Well my mails are replys or from webpage.
The questions have (most?) been up here. So????

Old 11-12-2013, 07:12 AM
ALBUQ F-1
Fleet Owner
Received 608 Likes on 378 Posts
Yesterday was a national holiday here, they were probably closed all weekend. But that doesn't explain 2 or 3 weeks of silence... I wonder if their Spam Block is blocking foreign IP's? Send me your email address, I will call them and let them know to look for your emails.

Old 11-12-2013, 07:17 AM
jimcar-9
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by ALBUQ F-1
Yesterday was a national holiday here, they were probably closed all weekend. But that doesn't explain 2 or 3 weeks of silence... I wonder if their Spam Block is blocking foreign IP's? Send me your email address, I will call them and let them know to look for your emails.
Great thanks.

Jimmycarlsson_79@hotmail.com

Old 11-12-2013, 07:57 AM
EffieTrucker
Phantom of the Phorum

Received 859 Likes on 458 Posts
Originally Posted by ALBUQ F-1
I was going to suggest the same thing. I know our new spam filters have blocked emails from friends in England.

We've been blocking everything from the "usual" countries for a couple of years, but now the hackers and scam artists have started using proxy servers from all over the world. With the filter upgrades a couple of months ago pretty much everything from the other side of the pond is blocked, unless I specifically allow it.

As with everything else a few ruin it for the many.

Quick Reply: Anyone know what´s happened to midfifty