Sponsored by:

offroad & 4x4 b/s thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2013, 03:08 PM
460 FORD MAN
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by alpha/omega
You can't expect a of road section to thrive when body lifts are the preferred lift method by the majority
This is truf!

Old 10-27-2013, 03:15 PM
alpha/omega
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I may be the worst thing to ever log on to FTE but I always shoot people straight and give my honest opinion of how something should be done to the best of my ability. Unfortunately the truth hurts when its not the answer you wanted

Old 10-27-2013, 03:36 PM
BigF350
Hotshot
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
I don't think any of the mods has suggested to close the forum. I very much doubt that will happen.
What may happen is if people violate the guidelines, they will receive infractions for it, and if they receive too many of them, their access will be revoked.
PS...what's wrong with cargo shorts?
Are you saying you wear them?
Originally Posted by captain p4
Damnnnn, did they get it out?
Eventually, yes. Not much of the vehicle was salvagable though. Happens regularly there - soft sand, gets stuck, quick incoming tide.

Nice. We have the 6.4 in our fleet now, plenty of power but the mpgs are terrible! I hear the 6.7 does much better on fuel.
I got 20.8mpg on the 150mile trip home from picking it up. The lift/bigger tires will kill some of that, but hope to get some back tuning/deleting.

Old 10-27-2013, 03:39 PM
crazyredneckanyhow
Post Fiend

The problem is they've seen what happened in this section in the wake of Seth leaving in the mid 2000s and myself/minions leaving in 2008. You can't expect a of road section to thrive when body lifts are the preferred lift method by the majority
Honestly i think the majority of us need to start migrating back to taters forum and leave this place to the torsion bar keys and bodylifts like they want it to be.

Old 10-27-2013, 03:47 PM
77mud
Lead Driver
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I wish my 7.3 got 20mpg... but it gets semi close to be a dually i guess.. 16mpg

Old 10-27-2013, 03:58 PM
alpha/omega
Post Fiend
Adrian, I can tell you for a fact Tom and the other mods (both current and previous)have told us numerous times FTE wants to close the offroad section. Its like its their "go to" response like we should somehow be grateful. The way I look at it without members to answer the questions that are answered day in and day out there will be no site. That goes for every individual section from the highest traffic ones to the lowest. In turn without someone to ask questions there will be no site. The people who want to keep coming back for answers do - Bryan, Brandon and Derreck are prime examples. The people who only pop in for one question and are gone won't be. At the end of the day I find it very foolish for a business like this to cater to people who have no intention to stay longer than a day or two to get one small piece of information over guys who are here day after day and who are, whether you care to admit it or not, valuable contributors.

Also, yes, I find the pockets useful for carrying things over great distances and treacherous terrain - ie my house to Steve's. Plus they are comfortable and give the boys room to breathe

Old 10-27-2013, 04:28 PM
kjett
Post Fiend
Y'all are a bunch of chatty meanie heads...

Old 10-27-2013, 04:32 PM
tjc transport
i ain't rite
Received 3,118 Likes on 2,174 Posts
I'm just saying you had our back where it has become obvious Tom does not. I will agree he is lenient but that doesn't mean he on our side.
As you put it....simple.

if i was not on your side you would have been gone a long time ago. i have gone to bat for you way too many times in areas you do not have access to.
this is not something new, it has been going on for over 2 years.
you have no idea what kind of crap i go through for you guys.

Originally Posted by captain p4
A little warning that chit was changing would have been nice, not just a random pantie bunching and bish fest out of the mods. We are guests here and can be told to leave, it is a privately owned website after all. Posts were the same from day to day week to week. Last week it wasn't a problem, now it is.

how many warnings would you like. look back over the past year. i have given you numerous warnings, asking politely to knock it off,
but it is always returned with the "we run this forum attitude"
i am getting tired of the complaints from here, and the constant editing. this is a public forum. we have people reading posts with their children on their laps, or looking at the computer to see what daddy is doing.

do you want your children reading and seeing what you guys post?? because a lot of others here do not. .

and lastly. you want someone to complain to? complain to Carlene, Adrian, or IB Tim.

you cant get much higher on the administrator scale.

i am not trying to be a hard ***, but you guys are pushing the issue and forcing that position on me.

Old 10-27-2013, 04:39 PM
tjc transport
i ain't rite
Adrian, I can tell you for a fact Tom and the other mods (both current and previous)have told us numerous times FTE wants to close the offroad section. Its like its their "go to" response like we should somehow be grateful. The way I look at it without members to answer the questions that are answered day in and day out there will be no site. That goes for every individual section from the highest traffic ones to the lowest. In turn without someone to ask questions there will be no site. The people who want to keep coming back for answers do - Bryan, Brandon and Derreck are prime examples. The people who only pop in for one question and are gone won't be. At the end of the day I find it very foolish for a business like this to cater to people who have no intention to stay longer than a day or two to get one small piece of information over guys who are here day after day and who are, whether you care to admit it or not, valuable contributors.

Also, yes, I find the pockets useful for carrying things over great distances and treacherous terrain - ie my house to Steve's. Plus they are comfortable and give the boys room to breathe

the reason they don't stay here is the nasty attitude they get.
if you ventured out of this forum you would see many many questions that should be asked here are not simply for that reason. the attitude they get.

so they ask the questions in their engine or body style forums instead.

Old 10-27-2013, 04:51 PM
alpha/omega
Post Fiend
I guess you're right. I dont know about what happens behind closed doors. I can only go by the feeling I get and the attitude directed towards me. Adrian would keep me informed on what's going on so I stick to my statement. It wouldn't kill any of you to throw out a "listen to these guys" once and a while when newbs are getting pissy over the answers given. We aren't wrong even if we don't answer the way you want us to

I don't have a nasty attitude. If that were remotely the case I would not get 5000 text and 2-300minutes of phone calls per month asking my advice by members of FTE. If I'm that bad they wouldn't want my help. I don't mind doing it because God knows I've picked Robs brains for hours on end.

Old 10-27-2013, 05:08 PM
captain p4
Post Fiend
He helps mancum, half of pirate wanted to kill him.. or at least punch him in the face. That says a lot right there.

Old 10-27-2013, 05:48 PM
crazyredneckanyhow
Post Fiend

Originally Posted by tjc transport
"
this is a public forum. we have people reading posts with their children on their laps, or looking at the computer to see what daddy is doing.
do you want your children reading and seeing what you guys post?? because a lot of others here do not.

And here lies a problem. This site shouldnt be held responsible for bad parenting. If you dont have the power to teach your kids right from wrong and rely on admin here to censor it all then you really shouldnt be trusted with a small person.

Tom if you were at the mall and some guy said **** are you goin to the mall manager and ask them to kick the guy out or would you tell your kids to never say that?

Old 10-27-2013, 05:52 PM
crazyredneckanyhow
Post Fiend

Originally Posted by tjc transport
the reason they don't stay here is the nasty attitude they get.
if you ventured out of this forum you would see many many questions that should be asked here are not simply for that reason. the attitude they get.

so they ask the questions in their engine or body style forums instead.

And im gonna say you are either making this up or are just flat out wrong. Things never get nasty in here until someone doesnt get the answer they want and get all defensive. This section doesnt have a bad attitude its just the only section that doesnt give guys a pat on the *** and a reach around and agree with them so they dont get their feelings hurt.

Old 10-27-2013, 06:10 PM
tjc transport
i ain't rite
Originally Posted by crazyredneckanyhow
And here lies a problem. This site shouldnt be held responsible for bad parenting. If you dont have the power to teach your kids right from wrong and rely on admin here to censor it all then you really shouldnt be trusted with a small person.

this is not bad parenting.
it is a small group of people that seem to like upset others.

Tom if you were at the mall and some guy said **** are you goin to the mall manager and ask them to kick the guy out or would you tell your kids to never say that?
i would politely ask the person to stop cursing in front of my child.
and if they persisted i would then leave with my child, making sure the store know i would no longer spend any of my hard earned money at a store that promoted that type of behavior.

Old 10-27-2013, 06:12 PM
tjc transport
i ain't rite
Originally Posted by crazyredneckanyhow
And im gonna say you are either making this up or are just flat out wrong. Things never get nasty in here until someone doesnt get the answer they want and get all defensive. This section doesnt have a bad attitude

really? than what do you call it when someone new gets told shut the **** up you stupid newbie?
or how about what the **** do you know?

Quick Reply: offroad & 4x4 b/s thread