6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Why did i buy a ESP??

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2013, 09:01 PM
gbiker
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why did i buy a ESP??

Ok, so here is the run down. I got my 2011 f350 about 7 months ago used from the gentlemen that bought it off the lot. I did this for a number of reason most being $$$. Anyways, i got the truck and took it over to ford right away and got a the premium ford extended services plan. The plain they said would cover everything other than wearable parts. Everything is good until i have put different wheels and tires on the truck as well as leveled it. I started to get a really bad bounce in the rear end. i thought this was the new wheels and tires so i keep going back to discount.

Finally, i Joined the site, started to play around in the 6.7 power stroke section and found the REAR end bounce thread. I was so happy! cause i wasnt the only person and it seemed ford was doing something about it. Anyways, i posted and was told to message my vin, dealer, etc.... Did this and a couple weeks later got a call and told the lady was what happening. She told me to let her talk to the techs and the dealer and she would call me back. She called me back and told me that i should BRING IT IN TO THE DEALER.... She said she would call me in a couple days to set this up. I capitalize this because, ford told me to do this... (remember this) Anyways, the next day i got a random wrench light and deiced to take it in before she called back. I also noticed a drip of water from under the engine. So, i drove it into my local ford dealer.

This is wear it gets funny. I walk up and say my name and tell them Terra (ford lady) set up me to come in. I explained i was early and just got a wrench light so i wanted to be extra safe (45k vehicle). The dealer says, "yea she called but hung up and we dont know anything.... she said your name and thats it." Im like ok.... no biggie.. here are the problems and ford told me to come in so you could see if they are happening and then if they are fix them. The guy says, "i dont think ford will cover these problems and you are going to have to pay for us to look at it." I got mad and explained my self over and over that i was told to bring it in. the leaking was not normal and should be covered and that again ford told me to bring it in to them cause it was a none problem (80 page thread). I basically demanded they give me my rental that i get with the premium esp.... He said i would have to pay for it... i laughed. and left...

The next day i called Terra the ford service lady and explained how everything happened and how mean and unprofessional they were. As well as how they didnt want to take the truck and didnt want to fix it. She said to relax and see what they say.

The dealer calls me and says, "the leak is a line to your turbo and fitting that is bad and will need to be replaced. the service plan covers this. The wrench light is because your transmission is out of date as well as your computer, it will be 200 to update them.... your rear end bounce is there and is A NORMAL, so we are crossing this off the list. your noise you are getting when you open your rear window is A NORMAL deal and we are crossing this off the list. So, because we had to do the test to see these issues its a additional 100 for each issue. so your total is $400.00 not including the other things you asked."

I flipped out and asked why i was paying for updates with the esp they said it wasnt covered. Then i asked why i was paying for something ford told me to bring in. He said because they had to spend time and do test to find the NORMAL problems. I said they weren't normal and that the bouncing is unbearable from 45-50 and he said all the 60k trucks do it... and that because they said its normal its normal. i said ok and i will be down to get it when its done.

I called Terra and told them all of this. She said she would call them and find out why i was being charged. She called me back and said that the dealer couldnt answer her as to why i was being charged and thus the 200 in updated where covered by ford. Then she says that the dealer said the 2 main reasons i brought the truck in and the reason she got in contact with me and told me to bring the truck in on where normal in the dealers eyes and thus i did have to pay the 200... she said that i could take it to another dealer 3 hours away to see if they didnt think it was normal. I asked if they did would i pay, she said yes....

About 4 days goes by and nothing from the dealer... call because im close to the 10 days in the rental and the guy says, yea its done... I go in the next day to get it and they dont have my bill done, say i owe for the rental 400$$ and that they need to figure out how much i owe before i can pay. But i can take my truck cause they have a copy of my CC and no where i work..... LOLLLLL!!!!

I have had to call ford 20 times and now Terra wont answer my calls or messages to help me with the charges they say i owe. That i shouldn't...!!!

So, finally my question is does anyone know the number for a high up person in ford that can help me??? I have called the first lady that contacted me off of here. nothing, left 4 messages with Terra and also tired a bunch of random 5 digit numbers to get different services people with no luck.

I need help! i feel like im getting ****ed and there was no point to buy this warrenty.

Old 10-13-2013, 09:08 PM
Andrew010
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Welcome to Ford warranty and service.....sad to say.

Old 10-13-2013, 09:28 PM
Ferguson65
Logistics Pro
Received 200 Likes on 85 Posts
The noise with the rear windows down and the fronts up is, well, normal. I've been in everything from my truck to my parents 03 explorer, to 60k Mercedes, and in that state they all do it.....................

Old 10-13-2013, 10:04 PM
gbiker
New User
Originally Posted by Ferguson65
The noise with the rear windows down and the fronts up is, well, normal. I've been in everything from my truck to my parents 03 explorer, to 60k Mercedes, and in that state they all do it.....................
no no no.... The small sliding rear window on the back of the cab. It is controlled by the the same area as the sunroof. I found out what it is. The latches on the tailgate make noise and thats what im hearing. My friend with a 2013 f150 and a friend with a 2011 have the same issues. Thats why when i found out that you just lube the hinges and it goes away its was ok that they didnt fix it. However, its not NORMAL.... at all, that shouldnt happen. Its so loud that you can hear the squeaks over the radio.

Old 10-14-2013, 08:59 AM
Ferguson65
Logistics Pro
Received 200 Likes on 85 Posts
Originally Posted by gbiker
no no no.... The small sliding rear window on the back of the cab. It is controlled by the the same area as the sunroof. I found out what it is. The latches on the tailgate make noise and thats what im hearing. My friend with a 2013 f150 and a friend with a 2011 have the same issues. Thats why when i found out that you just lube the hinges and it goes away its was ok that they didnt fix it. However, its not NORMAL.... at all, that shouldnt happen. Its so loud that you can hear the squeaks over the radio.
Oh, ok. I can't open my back slider beacuse the noise from my weatherguard toolbox can drown out just about anything.....................

Old 10-14-2013, 10:29 AM
rollerstud98
Postmaster

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I've never heard of getting a wrench light because your computer is out of date, oil change lights yes but not that.

Old 10-14-2013, 10:38 AM
Painted Horse
Logistics Pro
Received 2,566 Likes on 731 Posts
Sounds like dealer was correct. Latches on tailgate needed lubrication are not a warranty item. And would be classed as "Normal"

I've only had my PCM reprogramed once. oops Actually done twice. It was a no charge service. The first time was for the 400/800 upgrade to the engine. I returned a few days after because I didn't have the gear indicator on the dash that was supposed to appear after the update. The dealer reflashed my truck and it fixed that. Apparently something had not completed in the original flash. But even going back to 6.0L trucks. Ford never charged me to reflash them as updates became available. In fact every time it was in their shop, It seems they reflashed it. Most times I was never given the option not to have the reflash. And there was never a charge for the reflash.

But if you are over 36,000 miles, Any work to the tranny is outside of the 3/36,000 mile tranny standard warranty. You will have to read the fine print on your ESP to see what it covers.

Personally, I'm not a big believer in ESP. I've financially come out much better off with the last 4 trucks by not buying it. We will see on this 6.7L as I'm at 96,000 miles and pretty much any expense will be out of pocket for the next couple of years.

Old 10-14-2013, 10:23 PM
gbiker
New User
Originally Posted by Painted Horse
Sounds like dealer was correct. Latches on tailgate needed lubrication are not a warranty item. And would be classed as "Normal"

I've only had my PCM reprogramed once. oops Actually done twice. It was a no charge service. The first time was for the 400/800 upgrade to the engine. I returned a few days after because I didn't have the gear indicator on the dash that was supposed to appear after the update. The dealer reflashed my truck and it fixed that. Apparently something had not completed in the original flash. But even going back to 6.0L trucks. Ford never charged me to reflash them as updates became available. In fact every time it was in their shop, It seems they reflashed it. Most times I was never given the option not to have the reflash. And there was never a charge for the reflash.

But if you are over 36,000 miles, Any work to the tranny is outside of the 3/36,000 mile tranny standard warranty. You will have to read the fine print on your ESP to see what it covers.

Personally, I'm not a big believer in ESP. I've financially come out much better off with the last 4 trucks by not buying it. We will see on this 6.7L as I'm at 96,000 miles and pretty much any expense will be out of pocket for the next couple of years.
i agree that the lube it self is a warranty issue but me finding the fix on a forum for a rattle not them was what pissed me off. The guy called me and said, "yea we hear the rattle its load and bad but we dont know how to fix it so its normal." then i said well i may of found a fix. And boom 100$ for them driving the truck..... Ford does cover updates on the ESP because they are updates, the dealer tried to charge me and tell me no they dont. Ford fixed it. The problem is i had to make them do it. Idk i hate ford right now, so much work over **** that shouldnt be wrong with a 60k truck. Im sorry if you buy these trucks new i feel bad for you. I pad 36k for mine and i feel like i got taken in some ways. Dont get me wrong i love the truck and know i did good on the buy. but **** i cant drive down the road at 45-50 without my rear end bouncing horribly. While ford on here says its a problem and my dealer says its normal and it isnt...

Old 10-14-2013, 10:54 PM
mrjc
Senior User
i agree that the lube it self is a warranty issue but me finding the fix on a forum for a rattle not them was what pissed me off. The guy called me and said, "yea we hear the rattle its load and bad but we dont know how to fix it so its normal." then i said well i may of found a fix. And boom 100$ for them driving the truck..... Ford does cover updates on the ESP because they are updates, the dealer tried to charge me and tell me no they dont. Ford fixed it. The problem is i had to make them do it. Idk i hate ford right now, so much work over **** that shouldnt be wrong with a 60k truck. Im sorry if you buy these trucks new i feel bad for you. I pad 36k for mine and i feel like i got taken in some ways. Dont get me wrong i love the truck and know i did good on the buy. but **** i cant drive down the road at 45-50 without my rear end bouncing horribly. While ford on here says its a problem and my dealer says its normal and it isnt...
Take one of your rancho branded ford shocks off, bet it just sits there and stares at you. Hit shocktober sale and buy Bilstien of Rancho upgrades. Bounce will go away.

Old 10-14-2013, 10:58 PM
rollerstud98
Postmaster

Not sure why some trucks bounce when others don't. Not one of the super dutys I've driven, and I've probably driven between 20 and 40 of them, none had a bouncing all over the road issue. How long after you bought it did you put the wheels and tires on as well as the leveling kit? Was the bouncing something that started after that? I know others on here have had it but if yours wasn't bouncing before than something is up with something you had done. Just a thought, after market wheels, did you get different wheel nuts or stick with ford factory?

Old 10-15-2013, 07:25 AM
RM2738
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
These stories are just crazy to me.... Everytime I go to the dealer I have severe anxiety because I'm afraid I'll be a victim of this poor service and end up out of pocket. I've been blessed though. Even with a heavily modded truck, I've only had to pay a deductible or two on my ESP. Combined with my maintenance plan, which could have been canceled based on the verbiage in the contract due to aftermarket accessories, I've come out ahead by thousands.

Old 10-15-2013, 08:12 AM
rtazz17
Fleet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Stuff goes wrong with a 100,000 dollar car.Why not a 60k truck? Its mechanical and will break.I do believe what you went through is BS but putting a dollar value on the truck and saying nothing should go wrong is far fetched.Sucks when things go wrong but thats life.Happens to me everyday.Wont matter in the end.

Old 10-15-2013, 08:31 AM
gbiker
New User
Originally Posted by rtazz17
Stuff goes wrong with a 100,000 dollar car.Why not a 60k truck? Its mechanical and will break.I do believe what you went through is BS but putting a dollar value on the truck and saying nothing should go wrong is far fetched.Sucks when things go wrong but thats life.Happens to me everyday.Wont matter in the end.
yes they do. however, i have owned way cheaper new vehicles and have never had these problems. You may think a 60k truck is cheap but to me thats almost a house. The fact that ford is selling one of the most expensive trucks and saying that every problem with them is a NORMAL deal is ****ing bull****. I had a brand new 06 g35 had so many problems and guess what, they fixed them and never bitched. that cars was right under 40k new... All im saying is i spent 4500 on a warranty that every time i take it in the dealer they argue with me. EVEN when ford calls them to tell them im coming and to fix it...

Yes the truck did bounce slightly stock. Not really noticeable, when i leveled it and put the wheels and tires on it got way worse. Most of the f350 do. If you read that thread. I will be getting a Carli kit or the Icon down the road. But, its so dumb!!! that i have to change the suspension to get the truck to not bounce.

The truck rides amazing with a trailer and or on the highway. It sucks to cause there are so many things i love. The truck pulls amazing! i have put 3300 pounds of lead (family has a gun range/gun shop) and towed a 3500lb trailer with a heavy as car on it. and it was nothing. All with no airbags. The interior is so nice! and i just love the truck. But, the more i talk to ford and deal with dealers the more i dont like it. Along with my little problems.

Old 10-15-2013, 08:35 AM
rollerstud98
Postmaster

I did read that thread, but neither of my own F350's bounce, neither have any of my dads and none of the ones I drove for work did either. Work has a fleet of about 130 F350's so probably some bounced, but none of the ones I drove did. I've had CC short box and CC long box dually, my work was SC long box, no bouncing. If it got way more noticeable after the wheels and tires there has to be an issue with them. Again, did they change the wheel nuts or keep the stock ones?

Old 10-15-2013, 08:55 AM
gbiker
New User
Originally Posted by rollerstud98
I did read that thread, but neither of my own F350's bounce, neither have any of my dads and none of the ones I drove for work did either. Work has a fleet of about 130 F350's so probably some bounced, but none of the ones I drove did. I've had CC short box and CC long box dually, my work was SC long box, no bouncing. If it got way more noticeable after the wheels and tires there has to be an issue with them. Again, did they change the wheel nuts or keep the stock ones?
i believed they changed them. Was taking the truck in to discount and getting them rebalanced / road force tested. The wheels and tires are perfect. They even brought me in the back and showed me. It is not the wheels and tires. Because i put my stock ones back on and it did it. It could be the fact the truck is leveled. However, everyone levels these. the dealer sold me the level kit. lol.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...40-45-mph.html

Quick Reply: Why did i buy a ESP??