Pre-Power Stroke Diesel (7.3L IDI & 6.9L) Diesel Topics Only

What did you do to your IDI today?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2015, 02:28 AM
hturner12
Postmaster
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by pgg00
They said it looked like my kidney stones had passed. Then I'm back in the ER tonight because it said "hello I'm still here"
Hope it passes without too much pain

Old 06-25-2015, 07:52 AM
pgg00
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Hurts like a *******. Only thing i can compare it to is when my appendix burst 20 years ago. Oh well. At least my wife let me ride in her new mustang on the way back from the hospital

Old 06-25-2015, 08:20 AM
madpogue
Lead Driver
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by hturner12
Still got the ABC light on. Pulled fuse and light stayed on ?????
That's exactly what the light is supposed to do. Light goes on when ABS is inop. ABS is inop when the fuse is out.

Old 06-25-2015, 08:54 AM
hturner12
Postmaster
Originally Posted by madpogue
That's exactly what the light is supposed to do. Light goes on when ABS is inop. ABS is inop when the fuse is out.
Base brakes are good so I not going going to worry too much about right now.

Old 06-25-2015, 09:21 AM
kla94
Logistics Pro
Received 130 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by pgg00
Hurts like a *******. Only thing i can compare it to is when my appendix burst 20 years ago. Oh well. At least my wife let me ride in her new mustang on the way back from the hospital
I feel for you brother! I've had three rounds of those. There's nothing to compare it to.

Old 06-25-2015, 09:23 AM
hturner12
Postmaster
Originally Posted by kla94
I feel for you brother! I've had three rounds of those. There's nothing to compare it to.
One was enough for me

Old 06-25-2015, 09:24 AM
kla94
Logistics Pro
Received 130 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by hturner12
One was enough for me
I hear you!

Old 06-25-2015, 09:09 PM
FORDF250HDXLT
Post Fiend
Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts
installing old school diamond plate running boards on chip truck.got the drivers side installed after work.
out with the stainless nurf bars and in with dee zee DZ2017 like i put on log truck;
https://www.ford-trucks.com/g/album/1394483

Old 06-25-2015, 09:15 PM
hturner12
Postmaster
Originally Posted by FORDF250HDXLT
installing old school diamond plate running boards on chip truck.got the drivers side installed after work.
out with the stainless nurf bars and in with dee zee DZ2017 like i put on log truck;
Dee Zee DZ2017 Brite-Tread Running Boards by FORDF250HDXLT | Ford-Trucks.com
Boards are classy.

Old 06-25-2015, 09:27 PM
FORDF250HDXLT
Post Fiend
yeah i think so.and functional too.the nerf bars were impractical.too high and too far inward.just for looks.always just stepped over them to get into the truck.plus iv got paint chips at the door sills because of no protection like the boards provide.i'll never buy the nerf bars again.hated 'em.
the boards match my diamond plate toolboxes too.they look like they belong there.i'll post up pics when i get the other side on.

Old 06-25-2015, 09:29 PM
hturner12
Postmaster
yeah i think so.and functional too.the nerf bars were impractical.too high and too far inward.just for looks.always just stepped over them to get into the truck.plus iv got paint chips at the door sills because of no protection like the boards provide.i'll never buy the nerf bars again.hated 'em.
the boards match my diamond plate toolboxes too.they look like they belong there.i'll post up pics when i get the other side on.
Diamond plate is the perfect accessory

Old 06-27-2015, 05:40 PM
FORDF250HDXLT
Post Fiend
all matched up.

before;

looks decent either way i suppose but now it matches the toolboxes.i have a step i can actually use and i have cab protection! now to get out the paint pen i ordered and touch up the chips down under the doors.

for this truck i still need to have the dump beds sides and rear replaced (then it will all be new) re-deck it (probably got another year out of the wood on it) and it's time to redo the plywood sides/repaint.the rear dump hinges need a little welding work too.
then i'll order some black diamond plate and cover the bottom/front/rear/sides of the whole lower portion of the dump bed.that will look sharp.
iv kinda contemplated the idea of covering my makeshift upper toolbox (the culvert with the removable end plug) with something to make it appear as a false log.

just got the other running board on last night after work.just vacuumed,cleaned,armoralled,and washed her.that's it for today.im going out in the kayak fishing............with the car! cus im cheap lmao.just bought some roof racks on CL.

Old 06-27-2015, 07:06 PM
hturner12
Postmaster
all matched up.

before;

looks decent either way i suppose but now it matches the toolboxes.i have a step i can actually use and i have cab protection! now to get out the paint pen i ordered and touch up the chips down under the doors.

for this truck i still need to have the dump beds sides and rear replaced (then it will all be new) re-deck it (probably got another year out of the wood on it) and it's time to redo the plywood sides/repaint.the rear dump hinges need a little welding work too.
then i'll order some black diamond plate and cover the bottom/front/rear/sides of the whole lower portion of the dump bed.that will look sharp.
iv kinda contemplated the idea of covering my makeshift upper toolbox (the culvert with the removable end plug) with something to make it appear as a false log.

just got the other running board on last night after work.just vacuumed,cleaned,armoralled,and washed her.that's it for today.im going out in the kayak fishing............with the car! cus im cheap lmao.just bought some roof racks on CL.
Looks good with the boards

Old 07-01-2015, 08:35 PM
ihf-350
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Installed my thermostat housing tonight finally thank you Ford F834

Old 07-05-2015, 10:08 AM
Dieselamour
Laughing Gas
Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

I had a few rust spots on my cab and rain channels, so I pulled the cab lights and applied HF Iron-Armor. I prepped the surface as directed and I used a whole gallon. It didn't turn out all that bad for the third coat, lol. I applied the remainder of the gallon on the third coat, so some of the surface isn't consistent. As an end product, after two weeks, I think it will work.

One other mistake, I think, was replacing the cab lights with the LMC remakes, 49-3700. These lights are not as thick as the originals and do not conform to the cab as well as the original (which weren't good to begin with. The original lights had a thicker gasket, even after all these years, than the new units. I heard one of the new lights crack as I tightened it down. We'll see! I may block them off all together if they leak since my ladder rack is very close to them.

You can see some varying thickness on some edges.

You can see some varying thickness on some edges. There were a couple dents that had deeper rust deterioration, nearing penetration. It looks like a 4" .99 cents roller, from LOWES, did the trick. At least the buzzards aren't complaining, yet of how it looks. Lol.

Photo taken this morning after the rain. My old cab lights were deteriorated, but not leaking. These, you can see, already have moisture in them.

You can see that the new lights do not conform to the surface of the cab. The old lights really didn't either, but the old lights had old foam that is almost .5 times thicker than the new foam. FAIL! Maybe I will get thicker foam before I abandon the lights.

Last edited by Dieselamour; 07-05-2015 at 10:43 AM. Reason: Added Photos

Quick Reply: What did you do to your IDI today?