Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > Arkansas Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Arkansas Chapter Join Chapter Leader: tojoski

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-01-2013, 07:03 PM
Diesel Junky

mechmagcn has a good reputation on FTE.mechmagcn has a good reputation on FTE.mechmagcn has a good reputation on FTE.
August off topic/ chat thread

Wow! Where is everyone at today? Looks like I finally get to start the monthly thread off :-)
My recovery is going as planned, although my sanity might be in question before I get to go back to work. I guess stircrazy should be considered a mental illness.
I get my cast off next week, then it's time for a brace, but at least I can do some fishing then :-)
Old 08-02-2013, 12:54 PM
FTE Chapter Leader

tojoski has a very good reputation on FTE.tojoski has a very good reputation on FTE.tojoski has a very good reputation on FTE.tojoski has a very good reputation on FTE.
Hey where did July go?

Glad to hear your surgery and recovery are going well Jeff.

- My Garage -

Arkansas Chapter Leader - Join Here
Old 08-04-2013, 07:43 PM
FTE Chapter Leader

tojoski has a very good reputation on FTE.tojoski has a very good reputation on FTE.tojoski has a very good reputation on FTE.tojoski has a very good reputation on FTE.
I don't know if you guys saw this, but this is pretty cool:

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/12...rting-fte.html

- My Garage -

Old 08-04-2013, 11:04 PM

cookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant future
f250juggernaut
OK...... got all the newbs added to the member list thread. Now I just have to pick this weeks ROTW and and I'll be ready for vaca!

Headed to myrtle beach this week. Y'all have fun.
79 Bronco Ranger XLT.. used be the driver, now waiting to become the project.
96 Grand Marquis LS... 25 mpg commuter
Old 08-05-2013, 09:55 AM
Diesel Junky

mechmagcn has a good reputation on FTE.mechmagcn has a good reputation on FTE.mechmagcn has a good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie88 View Post

Headed to myrtle beach this week. Y'all have fun.
Have a safe and fun trip Scott and family!

1953 F100 PU "Someday"

Lincoln Town Car front clip

5 cyl Mercedes turbo diesel/auto

It Runs! It Even Moves!
Old 08-05-2013, 09:14 PM
Postmaster

zhilton is a name known to allzhilton is a name known to allzhilton is a name known to allzhilton is a name known to allzhilton is a name known to allzhilton is a name known to all
Let's see, it was only 96F today and I'm pretty sure I lost 8-10 pounds of crisco. Tomorrow it's supposed to be 101F and Wednesday is supposed ot hit 103F. At that rate I'll be down to about 225 pounds before the week is over. Who needs gastric bypass with a weight lose plan like that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechmagcn View Post
Wow! Where is everyone at today? Looks like I finally get to start the monthly thread off :-)
Just shows who has allot of time on their hands and who's stuck at the salt mine. Hope you have a speedy recovery my friend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tojoski View Post
I don't know if you guys saw this, but this is pretty cool:

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/12...rting-fte.html
I don't know if the Crystal they mention in that thread is the same one that is over at the Focus forum...but if so I feel sorry for her. She has been catching all kinds of grief over the dual-clutch transmission (DCT) that Ford uses in the '12 & '13 Focus. Y'all though the early PSD had issues...can't hold a candle to the nightmare the DCT has become in the last 9-12 months. My wife's car apparently is suffering from some oil seepage in the bell housing & clutch chatter. It drives her nuts, then she really gets ticked when the dealership tells her there is nothing wrong with the car.
Quote:
Hey where did July go?
The same place my vacation went...by way too fast.
2004 F250 6.0L 2WD CC "Pavement Princess"
2007 Monaco Starwood SL 31BHD
2012 Focus SEL (Wife's ride)
Old 08-08-2013, 07:25 PM
Diesel Junky

Made it to LR and back today. Dr says all is well with the arm, but shot down my plans for some serious fishing. He doesn't want me doing anything right-handed gor the next month :-(
Old 08-15-2013, 05:02 AM
Elder User

Old_Crow is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechmagcn View Post
Made it to LR and back today. Dr says all is well with the arm, but shot down my plans for some serious fishing. He doesn't want me doing anything right-handed gor the next month :-(
This just so opens the door, but it looks like nobody walked through it.

Anyway, any motorcyclist who make it to Mtn View this weekend for the bike rally, be sure and look me up at the car show. I'll be hanging around a '57 Bel Aire 4 door hardtop that we did in my shop.
Yeah, I know, but we are also doing a lot of Fords...a couple of Mustangs and an '89 F150. Just don't have any of them show worthy yet.
Owner, Vince's Vintage Vehicles. Restoration in the Ozarks.
Old 08-15-2013, 04:59 PM
Postmaster

zhilton is a name known to allzhilton is a name known to allzhilton is a name known to allzhilton is a name known to allzhilton is a name known to allzhilton is a name known to all
Now here's something you hardly EVER see. A different kind of rotary engine to say the least.

Old 08-16-2013, 05:05 PM
FTE Chapter Leader

Crap what a week. I guess that's what I get for trying to take a day off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhilton View Post
Now here's something you hardly EVER see. A different kind of rotary engine to say the least.

Adams-Farwell - YouTube
That is an unusual engine, but I'm more impressed that you were able to embed a youtube video like that they must have fixed the forum

- My Garage -

Old 08-17-2013, 08:04 AM
Postmaster

Finally, Mother Nature has giving us a great weekend.
Quote:
That is an unusual engine, but I'm more impressed that you were able to embed a youtube video like that they must have fixed the forum
The "oh crap, this won't work" thought ran through my mind just as I was hitting the submit button a couple of days ago. I was glad to see they fixed it, guess that PM to Scott turned the dogs loose on the folks at IBI?

Now I guess I need to find that video from a couple of months ago that I was trying to share with Jeff about the steam powered box factory.
Old 08-19-2013, 06:00 AM
Post Fiend

npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.
I don't think the weather in Arkansas EVER gets any better than it has been the past 3 or 4 days here in Ft. Smith. If I hadn't been down with a serious summer cold I could have actually enjoyed it outside instead of being stuck in the bed sick, eating antibiotics, and watching the truck rust.

Rest in peace Mojo. My friend and faithful companion you shall ever be.

Tim
Old 08-19-2013, 10:03 PM
Postmaster

Yeah, it's been down right awesome out there since it's quit raining. The river is finally starting to calm down, though it's still ripping past the piers on the bridge.
Quote:
Originally Posted by npccpartsman View Post
I don't think the weather in Arkansas EVER gets any better than it has been the past 3 or 4 days here in Ft. Smith. If I hadn't been down with a serious summer cold I could have actually enjoyed it outside instead of being stuck in the bed sick, eating antibiotics, and watching the truck rust.
Your the second person to tell me they've been under the weather the last week or so. Y'all stay the heck away from me, I've got tickets to take the boy (and the rest of the family) to his first Razorback football game here in a couple of weeks. Don't need nor want to be sick during that fun weekend.

And like I threatened a couple of days ago...here you go Jeff. Thought of you when I saw this video:

Old 08-20-2013, 10:54 AM
Diesel Junky

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhilton View Post

And like I threatened a couple of days ago...here you go Jeff. Thought of you when I saw this video:

Cool video, but have to say that OSHA would have a field day writing tickets in that place Notice the short tail on the dog, probably caught it in a belt or gear.... OUCH!

1953 F100 PU "Someday"

Lincoln Town Car front clip

5 cyl Mercedes turbo diesel/auto

It Runs! It Even Moves!
Old 08-21-2013, 12:35 AM

cookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant future
f250juggernaut
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhilton
The "oh crap, this won't work" thought ran through my mind just as I was hitting the submit button a couple of days ago. I was glad to see they fixed it, guess that PM to Scott turned the dogs loose on the folks at IBI?
I'd like to take credit, but all I did was casually mention that a couple of my guys were having issues embedding videos. Never even heard anything back. Glad it's working.
79 Bronco Ranger XLT.. used be the driver, now waiting to become the project.
96 Grand Marquis LS... 25 mpg commuter
Old 08-21-2013, 12:35 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > Arkansas Chapter