Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Help dp tuner = no start???

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2013, 09:02 PM
Nolo263
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help dp tuner = no start???

I installed my DP Tuner F5 Chip Module today and my x would not start afterwards. I took it off checked everything reinstalled and nothing!! I followed instructions excactly. Disconected batteries, no key etc... Even wore gloves to be extra safe. I called rif raff diesel and they apparantly are out of town. I called dp with no answer. I am pissed off!! Luckily i took it apart for the third time and my x started without the chip. Wtf happened?? I hope rif raf takes this turd back!!
Arnold

Old 07-16-2013, 09:18 PM
01PS
Elder User
Relax. You prolly did not remove all the silicone or you went retard and burned off all the copper on the connections. Take a look at your work. What do the contacts look like?

Old 07-16-2013, 09:24 PM
Nolo263
Junior User
They look fine to me. I was pretty careful to remove everything. Do u think i should try to remove more? It looks clean. I do not want to remove the chrome part if i keep going. How long should it take to get that crap off?

Old 07-16-2013, 09:25 PM
Nolo263
Junior User
I thiught you were not supposed to see copper?

Old 07-16-2013, 09:38 PM
DP-Tuner
PREMIUM SPONSOR
Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Nolo263
I installed my DP Tuner F5 Chip Module today and my x would not start afterwards. I took it off checked everything reinstalled and nothing!! I followed instructions excactly. Disconected batteries, no key etc... Even wore gloves to be extra safe. I called rif raff diesel and they apparantly are out of town. I called dp with no answer. I am pissed off!! Luckily i took it apart for the third time and my x started without the chip. Wtf happened?? I hope rif raf takes this turd back!!
Arnold

Did you leave a message so either us or Riff raff couls call you back? Since you got this from a dealer we need to verify a few things. I won't have your number so please leave it on our voicemail if we are on the phone when you call during our office hours or if its after hours when you call. We get email notifications instantly when a vm is left so if we are in a position to call you back we will.

We have install videos on our site. I would watch them. When you install our chip and it doesn't work at first there is a reason why. Either the silicone was not completely removed or the cables ends were not installed the correct way. in the video instruction Jody shows how to install them correctly at the chip and the switcher.

Watch the videos and try it again. Let us r Riff Raff know if you have any more questions.

Get Tuned! 828-221-0076 ext. 802
Become our Facebook Fan
Old 07-16-2013, 09:43 PM
Nolo263
Junior User
I did call u guys it will not let me leave a message. I watched your videos several times prior to install. What should the conectors look like after you clean them up? Should they be chrome colored or copper colored? I cant tell in the videos it goes through that part to fast. I left emails with you and rif raf.
Arnold

Old 07-16-2013, 10:08 PM
Toreador_Diesel
Retired Mod
Received 279 Likes on 142 Posts
You probably need to clean the PCM connection off again, but there are a few other things that may be the problem that I can't post. Look for a PM from me shortly...

Old 07-16-2013, 10:19 PM
DP-Tuner
PREMIUM SPONSOR
Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
I did call u guys it will not let me leave a message. I watched your videos several times prior to install. What should the conectors look like after you clean them up? Should they be chrome colored or copper colored? I cant tell in the videos it goes through that part to fast. I left emails with you and rif raf.
Arnold
Our phone system allows you to leave voicemails and we have 3 extensions you can go to to leave voicemails. I'm sure one of us will get called if we haven't already tried calling you. We have detailed color instructions that show how the terminals are to look on our site. Jody returned 60 messages today so you may want to check yours in case he called back. I don't know what messages Justin received today.

As for emails I personally don't have an email from you.

Get Tuned! 828-221-0076 ext. 802
Become our Facebook Fan
Old 07-16-2013, 10:31 PM
aawlberninf350
It's a Van Gogh
Received 786 Likes on 575 Posts
What should the conectors look like after you clean them up? Should they be chrome colored or copper colored?
For mine I just scraped with my fingernail and wiped once in a while with alcohol on a Q-tip. Took a long time but I can be very patient. I nabbed this pic from the Riff Raff intall pdf. The top pic is original, the middle is improperly cleaned, the bottom is good. They took it off with ScotchBrite IIRC, enough to see a bit of copper. A little duct tape to hold the chip on the PCM is a little overkill IMO, but lots of guys do it.

Attached Images  
Old 07-16-2013, 11:01 PM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Received 86 Likes on 79 Posts
Wtf happened?? I hope rif raf takes this turd back!!
Arnold
Right, it's a turd because you've exhausted all possible reasons as to why something brand new to you, doesn't work, right?

C'mon, a little less sensationalism and a little more patience please.

First, please make sure you have the plug from the cable plugged into the back of the F5 display/switch box, the right side up. It's not uncommon for people to get it plugged in upside down.

Second, what is displayed, if anything, when you turn the key on and everything is plugged in correctly? What number is showing on the box?

Third, see DP's knowledge base information from their website here: https://www.dp-tuner.com/media/pdf/F..._Operation.pdf

See if any of these help.

Stewart

EDIT: Just saw the duplicate thread in the 7.3L forum. Gonna merge the two threads together.

Last edited by Stewart_H; 07-17-2013 at 12:04 AM.
Old 07-16-2013, 11:42 PM
Nolo263
Junior User
Ok i went back outside took it apart again it is 11:00 at night here. I recleaned conector's and scraped more **** off. All i can say is i am a idiot!! Jesus this thing rocks!! Feels like a corvette compared to stock!! Dp kicks *** and i appologize for any negative coments i said. I am extremely happy now. Once again im stupid and DP rocks.
Arnold

Old 07-16-2013, 11:55 PM
Justin@DP-Tuner
PREMIUM SPONSOR
Ok i went back outside took it apart again it is 11:00 at night here. I recleaned conector's and scraped more **** off. All i can say is i am a idiot!! Jesus this thing rocks!! Feels like a corvette compared to stock!! Dp kicks *** and i appologize for any negative coments i said. I am extremely happy now. Once again im stupid and DP rocks.
Arnold
Don't get too down on yourself. It is quite common, and asking for help is a good thing. That is what we(DP-Tuner), and the rest of the guys(and girls) on FTE are here for. The small details are of much importance with this situation, and having a board that is not clean enough will almost always result in issues.

I am glad you got it figured out.

I hope my e-mail helped you out a little. Feel free to contact us if you ever need anything else.

Like us on Facebook!

www.dp-tuner.com
Old 07-17-2013, 12:03 AM
Nolo263
Junior User
Thanks again!! When u emailed i was probably already driving my excursion around. I can not believe the difference. I have a 2009 dodge ram mega with a 6.7 full deletes and a smarty, 5" exhaust etc.. I swear the excursion feels faster! I guess maybe it is the difference it made that makes it feel like it is faster. I do not understand why ford did not make it like this to begin with. Congrats on a great product!
Arnold

Old 07-17-2013, 12:04 AM
Nolo263
Junior User
Thanks everyone for the help!!

Old 07-17-2013, 12:06 AM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Received 86 Likes on 79 Posts
Both threads merged.

Stewart

Quick Reply: Help dp tuner = no start???