Pre-Power Stroke Diesel (7.3L IDI & 6.9L) Diesel Topics Only

Anyone traveling from Oregon to Southern California soon? Wanna do me a favor?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2013, 07:04 PM
genscripter
Cargo Master
Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts
Anyone traveling from Oregon to Southern California soon? Wanna do me a favor?

My lengthy search for a winch bumper might have come to an end. However, the bumper is currently in eastern Oregon and I'm in Los Angeles. The junkyard that has the bumper says it's probably over 150lb, so standard shipping is probably not an option.

So, I thought I'd throw this idea to the forum.... Anyone driving from Oregon to the Los Angeles area in the next few weeks? Even if you are just going to the SLO or Santa Maria or Santa Barbara or Fresno areas, I'd be willing to drive up there to meet you.

Or if anyone knows of an alternative reasonable shipping service (I'm getting freight quotes at $300+), but I've pretty much given up on that idea.

Yeah, it's a long shot, but I thought I'd try it anyway.

Old 04-10-2013, 08:37 PM
akamacgyver
Clueless spectator!
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
There is a chance one of my trucks might be going to WA State soon and returning empty. I might be able to get it back here if someone is heading East to So Cal.

Mac.

Old 04-10-2013, 11:00 PM
hairyboxnoogle
Lead Driver
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Im curious, where at in E. Oregon? and how bout a pic?

Old 04-11-2013, 11:52 AM
genscripter
Cargo Master
There is a chance one of my trucks might be going to WA State soon and returning empty. I might be able to get it back here if someone is heading East to So Cal.
Mac.
Dang! My in-laws are cruising thru Denver on the way to LA today. If only I'd found this earlier, this could have worked out.

Im curious, where at in E. Oregon? and how bout a pic?
I'll post a pic once it's installed on my van.

I'm having them take the bumper off today to weigh it. the junkyard manager says he thinks it'll be 200lbs, but I'm kind of skeptical. If it's under 150lbs, UPS says they can ship this for under $135

Old 04-11-2013, 10:49 PM
akamacgyver
Clueless spectator!
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Dang! My in-laws are cruising thru Denver on the way to LA today. If only I'd found this earlier, this could have worked out.
Not really, My truck won't be returning here until next week, at the earliest.

Still an option for someone else though.

150lbs sounds pretty optimistic for a winch bumper!

Old 04-14-2013, 04:14 PM
93_F250
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by genscripter
My lengthy search for a winch bumper might have come to an end. However, the bumper is currently in eastern Oregon and I'm in Los Angeles. The junkyard that has the bumper says it's probably over 150lb, so standard shipping is probably not an option.

So, I thought I'd throw this idea to the forum.... Anyone driving from Oregon to the Los Angeles area in the next few weeks? Even if you are just going to the SLO or Santa Maria or Santa Barbara or Fresno areas, I'd be willing to drive up there to meet you.

Or if anyone knows of an alternative reasonable shipping service (I'm getting freight quotes at $300+), but I've pretty much given up on that idea.

Yeah, it's a long shot, but I thought I'd try it anyway.
My mom's coming down from Bend to Fallbrook and stopping to see me in Camarillo in July - I could ask if they plan to drive the Duramax or the Sedan...

I commute to Chatsworth M-F.

Old 04-14-2013, 07:06 PM
genscripter
Cargo Master
My mom's coming down from Bend to Fallbrook and stopping to see me in Camarillo in July - I could ask if they plan to drive the Duramax or the Sedan...

I commute to Chatsworth M-F.

That'd be perfect, but I'm heading up to SLC and heading east by the end of June. I was hoping to have this bumper installed prior to that trip.

Another snag... The junkyard manager is dilly-dallying with pulling off that bumper. If he'd just pull that bumper and weigh it, then I could determine if I could use UPS or have to do freight or see if someone can help out.

If he doesn't pull that thing soon, I'll have moved on to a junkyard that wants to sell something.