Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Excursion - King of SUVs
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-09-2013, 09:48 PM
Elder User

ScaldedDog has a great reputation on FTE.ScaldedDog has a great reputation on FTE.ScaldedDog has a great reputation on FTE.ScaldedDog has a great reputation on FTE.
Disabling THEFT light - where is the PATS module?

I'm trying some new tunes that don't support PATS, so the THEFT light blinks all the time. Apparently, I can unplug the light - either the red or green wire - but I don't know where the PATS module is. Do any of you have a great description of the location, or a pic?

Mark
2001 Excursion 4x4, Western Diesel gauges, custom tunes, T500, ATS housing, TM wastegate controller, 6637, MBRP 4" exhaust, 6.0 tranny cooler, BTS, BFG AT 275/70-18's, Red Head steering box, Hellwig sway bar, v-codes/AirLift bags
Old 04-10-2013, 11:31 PM
Senior User

double ott ex has a good reputation on FTE.double ott ex has a good reputation on FTE.double ott ex has a good reputation on FTE.
in my 2000 it is located behind the center of the dash. have you tried pulling the bulb from the instrument cluster?

DOE
Old 04-11-2013, 08:00 AM

Toreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaldedDog View Post
I'm trying some new tunes that don't support PATS, so the THEFT light blinks all the time. Apparently, I can unplug the light - either the red or green wire - but I don't know where the PATS module is. Do any of you have a great description of the location, or a pic?

Mark
Look down by the accelerator, if you look just to the right of it, you should see a green plug. Unplug the green plug and the light will stop flashing altogether, enjoy!
Excursion & 6.7 Forum Mod Death Row Inmate #21
Black Beauty: 2005 Ford Excursion Limited, 4wd "The 6.0" Bulletproofed by Powerstroke Enginuities Studded, Deleted, Flo-Pro'd, Atlas 40, Heavily RiffRaff'd, and Gearheaded
Big Red Beast: 2001 Ford Excursion Limited, 2wd, "The 7.3" Built with blood, sweat, and tears by Me and Riffraff Diesel, heavily modded, also Gearheaded
FTE Guidelines
Old 04-11-2013, 08:39 AM
Elder User

ScaldedDog has a great reputation on FTE.ScaldedDog has a great reputation on FTE.ScaldedDog has a great reputation on FTE.ScaldedDog has a great reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toreador_Diesel View Post
Look down by the accelerator, if you look just to the right of it, you should see a green plug. Unplug the green plug and the light will stop flashing altogether, enjoy!
Yep. I found it after posting my question. Thanks, though, for following up.

Mark
2001 Excursion 4x4, Western Diesel gauges, custom tunes, T500, ATS housing, TM wastegate controller, 6637, MBRP 4" exhaust, 6.0 tranny cooler, BTS, BFG AT 275/70-18's, Red Head steering box, Hellwig sway bar, v-codes/AirLift bags
Old 04-11-2013, 08:39 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Excursion - King of SUVs