Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > North Carolina Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

North Carolina Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:ncheavymetal

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-20-2013, 09:08 AM
NC Chapter Czar

ncheavymetal is a name known to allncheavymetal is a name known to allncheavymetal is a name known to allncheavymetal is a name known to allncheavymetal is a name known to allncheavymetal is a name known to all
Spring 2013 General Banter

I think today is actually the first day of spring so let's kick it off like Tom Dempsey.

Par for the course we have been stupid busy lately but honestly to watch your kids shine, it's worth every minute. Both performances last week went very well. And we still have several competitions, another recital, and science olympiad coming up in the near future. We are getting the swim team packages together and its hard to believe it's right around the corner. I was at a league meeting Monday night discussing the upcoming season. We have a team meeting this weekend.

I will not bore y'all further as I know everyone is busy. Y'all have a good rest of the week and weekend.
Join the NC Chapter
Old 03-27-2013, 10:15 AM
NC Chapter Czar

ncheavymetal is a name known to allncheavymetal is a name known to allncheavymetal is a name known to allncheavymetal is a name known to allncheavymetal is a name known to allncheavymetal is a name known to all
Hope everyone has a fun and safe easter weekend.
Join the NC Chapter
Old 03-28-2013, 06:13 AM
Posting Guru

fuzzy1626 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thank you sir, you do the same
Tony,1994 F250 XLT ext. cab,long bed,7.3 IDI factory turbo,4x4,manual hubs,E4OD,4.10 gears,Hayden 679 trans. cooler,coolant filter, manual glowplugs,TruxPort tonneau cover,straight piped,190,000 miles and counting. 88 Ranger 2.0, 5 speed,147,000 mi.,bought new.NC Chapter Member,IUE Retired, NRA Life Member,USMC.
Old 03-28-2013, 11:34 AM
Senior User

lilmatt119 is starting off with a positive reputation.
What's up fellas? How y'all been? Sorry I ain't been around lately, I've been busy working 2 or 3 jobs and starting a company, and moving out of my parents' house. But I'm back now. lol
Old 03-28-2013, 02:33 PM
Posting Guru

fuzzy1626 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Glad things are going well for you. Maybe see you at one of the monthly dinners.
Tony,1994 F250 XLT ext. cab,long bed,7.3 IDI factory turbo,4x4,manual hubs,E4OD,4.10 gears,Hayden 679 trans. cooler,coolant filter, manual glowplugs,TruxPort tonneau cover,straight piped,190,000 miles and counting. 88 Ranger 2.0, 5 speed,147,000 mi.,bought new.NC Chapter Member,IUE Retired, NRA Life Member,USMC.
Old 04-05-2013, 06:51 PM
NC Chapter Czar

Good to know things are going well for you matt. Sounds like you got alot going on.

Hope everyone has a nice weekend.
Join the NC Chapter
Old 04-05-2013, 08:04 PM
Brain dead

dustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputation
Hello all.
I'm a bit behind schedual on the move, but this summer is still the target. Got caught up in the nice weather up here, and spent a little time in the RV. A welcome break, That's for sure.
Looks like my trip down to mow the fields will be the first week of may, at that point we will be talking to the contractor about the buildings.

Does anyone have any connections on shipping containers?
I would like to purchase a couple to store things in while the construction is going on.
Charlie slackmaster #26
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboywanabe View Post
Yes I do... I've been told on several occasions I should be on happy pills to make it possible for someone to live with me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67nukeford View Post
Rob would probably hurt himself just being in the same room with tools.....LOL
Old 04-11-2013, 08:19 PM
NC Chapter Czar

Busier then a one legged man at an a$$ kicking contest.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Charlie it depends on what you want. You talking pack rat type boxes. Do you need a freight box? There's several options available down here.

Have you considered building a barn and cover combo for your camper? A couple recently moved down here and basically lived out of the rig while they built their home.

Have a good weekend everyone.
Join the NC Chapter
Old 04-12-2013, 05:58 AM
Brain dead

dustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputation
I'm looking for a sea container. usually they are 20' long or 40' long.

Up here, you can pick one up for around $1500 delivered. I am going to be in the rv while we build the house and garage, but need a secure space for tools and what not while we run back and forth between the two places.

I have several here, one I use for a garden shed, others, I have some of the cars stored in. These containers are getting to be in pretty bad shape though, and probably won't make the trip

Here's what I'm looking for
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...45175338,d.dmg
Charlie slackmaster #26
Quote:
Yes I do... I've been told on several occasions I should be on happy pills to make it possible for someone to live with me.
Quote:
Old 04-12-2013, 10:34 AM
NC Chapter Czar

Some internet searching came up with these results. I have no personal knowledge of these businesses.

NC based:
Shipping Containers - Storage Containers - Transocean Equipment Management
SC based:
Charleston Shipping Container, South Carolina Dryvan Container, Military Cargo
US based with regional offices:
Find New & Used Storage Containers For Sale | Buy & Rent Shipping Containers At The Container Alliance Carolina&areaName=Fayetteville

Maybe you will have some luck with one of them or they will put you in touch with another suitable company.
Join the NC Chapter
Old 04-12-2013, 05:46 PM
Brain dead

Thanks James, good info! I called all 3, and they gave me a number for a place in Fayettville.
When I come down to set up the RV and mow, I will take a day and run up there.

Looks like I can get a steel floor 20' for $1500 delivered. Pretty good deal.

Still aiming for 1st week of May, I'll let ya'll know as we get closer
Charlie slackmaster #26
Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-13-2013, 02:32 PM
Senior User

lilmatt119 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Doin' what I can, like always. Who's huntin' turkeys? I tried to go call out a few this morning, but didn't have any luck.
Old 04-14-2013, 11:52 AM
Site Administrator

IB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputation
Good afternoon...enjoy your weekend!
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

When you are down...look up...get up...and don't ever give up....
Old 04-23-2013, 10:49 AM
NC Chapter Czar

Haven't been checking in much. We've added a puppy to our already hectic schedule. Barely slept in the last five days. Hope things will settle down soon.

Hope everyone is doing well. Have a good week.

Haven't been turkey hunting yet myself. But my buddy at work, his grandson called a nice one in. Worked the call for about an hour till he got the shot off. Hope you've had good luck.
Join the NC Chapter
Old 04-23-2013, 01:11 PM
Post Fiend

CLINT-THE-GREAT has a spectacular reputation.CLINT-THE-GREAT has a spectacular reputation.CLINT-THE-GREAT has a spectacular reputation.CLINT-THE-GREAT has a spectacular reputation.CLINT-THE-GREAT has a spectacular reputation.CLINT-THE-GREAT has a spectacular reputation.CLINT-THE-GREAT has a spectacular reputation.CLINT-THE-GREAT has a spectacular reputation.CLINT-THE-GREAT has a spectacular reputation.CLINT-THE-GREAT has a spectacular reputation.CLINT-THE-GREAT has a spectacular reputation.
CLINT-THE-GREAT
Afternoon NORTH CAROLINA!!!!!

-The Great
SLACKMASTER /AVID WINTER ENTHUSIAST #777
2005 "THE DIESEL" Ebony Black Excursion 6.0 180k miles STUDDED, TUNED
1997 "THE T-BIRD" Currant Red Thunderbird 4.6 127k miles
2008 "THE LINCOLN" Ebony Black Mark LT 96K miles (wifey's)
Old 04-23-2013, 01:11 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > North Carolina Chapter