Notices

Auxiliary Air fitting mounted in cab

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2013, 05:45 PM
coastie.av8tor
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Auxiliary Air fitting mounted in cab

I have a 2005 F350 I bought used a couple months ago and am still discovering all the cool after market upgrades the previous owner installed on the truck. One of them is a set of Firestone Air Springs with the compressor kit. I was going to install an auxiliary air outlet in the bed of the truck, but found that he teed off the main supply line and routed a tire valve fitting to either side of the rear of the cab, just inboard of the where the seat belts mount to the deck.

Does anyone have any experience using these? There is very good air flow from the valves. I'm just having a hard time finding a hose that will work with them. I would like to attach a quick connect adapter, but can't find an adapter to convert the current valve to a 1/4" NPT setup. Just to reiterate, these valves come off of the main supply line from the tank. the other side of the tee goes to the in cab regulator. So I don't think these are the manual fill valves, because I don't see them going to the air lines that feed directly into the air bags.

Any thoughts?

Last edited by coastie.av8tor; 03-18-2013 at 05:53 PM. Reason: Missing Info
Old 03-20-2013, 01:00 AM
coastie.av8tor
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well,after more searching, I found how they connect to the air springs. They are manual fill points, in case anyone else has a similar setup.