Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2007+ Expedition & Navigator
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

2007+ Expedition & Navigator 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-17-2013, 06:54 PM
Senior User

expoman55 is starting off with a positive reputation.
2010 Limited with Tire Pressure Sensor Fault

My new to me 2010 will light up a TPS Fault about every other day usually on the trip home. It will beep a few times, flash for a while and either go out after about 10 minutes or go out when I drive it next. I keep checking my tires and they are fine. I read through the forum and it seems the belt type sensors are a pain and often unreliable. Vehicle has 57k .. is CPO so underwarranty has great tires etc. I am thinking about just buying 4 new OEM Ford sensors ( not belt type) and putting them on and not dorking around with the dealer . I can get a set for around 60 bucks. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Old 05-10-2013, 08:36 PM
New User

GITanker is starting off with a positive reputation.
Before you do that, check the spare tire sensor. I've seen friends who's TPS light comes on and they try everything but checking the spare. It has a sensor also.
Just my 2 cents.
Old 05-10-2013, 09:17 PM
Senior User

johnkn is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by expoman55 View Post
My new to me 2010 will light up a TPS Fault about every other day usually on the trip home. It will beep a few times, flash for a while and either go out after about 10 minutes or go out when I drive it next. I keep checking my tires and they are fine. I read through the forum and it seems the belt type sensors are a pain and often unreliable. Vehicle has 57k .. is CPO so underwarranty has great tires etc. I am thinking about just buying 4 new OEM Ford sensors ( not belt type) and putting them on and not dorking around with the dealer . I can get a set for around 60 bucks. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
I'd sure like to find a set of 4 for that price, need them for my new wheels
Old 05-11-2013, 07:27 AM
Senior User

RI-Matt is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GITanker View Post
Before you do that, check the spare tire sensor. I've seen friends who's TPS light comes on and they try everything but checking the spare. It has a sensor also.
Just my 2 cents.
The Expy doesn't have a sensor in the (factory) spare tire. I believe the system only has the ability to monitor 4 sensors at a time anyway. So even if you put a sensor in there it wouldn't be read without erasing a different one. When a new sensor is introduced to the system, it needs to be programmed to read that sensor.

Matt
Old 05-11-2013, 07:27 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2007+ Expedition & Navigator