2004 F350 full sound system upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2013, 05:53 AM
edawgm
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 F350 full sound system upgrade

Ok so being deployed has its problems, as you get bord and start looking at things you want and then you keep looking and you end up buying them. I have done alot of looking and here is the list of things I found that should all go togeather nicely.

Head unit: Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS Multimedia DVD Receiver with 7" Motorized Touchscreen Display $359.34
AMAZON AMAZON

Navigation: Pioneer AVIC-U250 Add-on Navigation System with Built-In Traffic Tuner $309.48
AMAZON AMAZON

Back-up camera: BOYO VTL422C Black Rear License Plate Camera $49.99
AMAZON AMAZON

Head unit Accessories: PAC IS335 3.5 Audio Input $10.07
AMAZON AMAZON
;

PAC 6' USB Cable with Mounting Bracket USBCBL $11.39
AMAZON AMAZON
;

Parking Brake Bypass Fully Automatic Video in Motion $19.99
AMAZON AMAZON
;

Metra 95-5817 Double DIN Installation Dash Kit $10.84
AMAZON AMAZON

Door Speakers: Rockford Fosgate P1683 $57.00 per pare total $114 Dealer Cost Car Audio

Door Speakers Amp: Rockford Fosgate Power T400-4 $216.40
AMAZON AMAZON

Amp Remote $23.50
Amp wire: 8 awg Wal-Mart kit that I put in there a year ago

Sub Box: 99-07 F-250 Crew sub box with Amp Rack/Tan: Total with shipping $214.94 Sound Off

Subs: X2: Rockford Fosgate P3SD210 $121.00 each Dealer Cost Car Audio

Amp: Rockford Fosgate T600-2 $297.95 Dealer Cost Car Audio

Amp remote $18.48
AMAZON AMAZON

Amp Wire: Rockford Fosgate RFK4X $83.00 Dealer Cost Car Audio

Alternator: DC 185 amp
Wire: DC wiring kit

It is all sitting in boxes back home, waiting on me to get back and install it. Anyone see anything else to add? I cant wait to get it all done so I can go find a little trunk rattling car that is bassing out and I crank the country. lol

Last edited by edawgm; 03-20-2013 at 04:59 AM. Reason: Updated list.
Old 03-08-2013, 02:35 PM
2000silverbullet
Lead Driver
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
First off, thank you for your service.

Looks like you have everything covered for the most part. If your projects run the same path mine do, you won't remember you needed part XYZ until you're half way into it. haa haa. What are you using for wiring? I didn't see anything for amp wire kits, etc.

Old 03-08-2013, 10:04 PM
edawgm
Junior User
Originally Posted by 2000silverbullet
First off, thank you for your service.

Looks like you have everything covered for the most part. If your projects run the same path mine do, you won't remember you needed part XYZ until you're half way into it. haa haa. What are you using for wiring? I didn't see anything for amp wire kits, etc.
Well thank you. I know what you mean I know I will have to get some more speaker wire and electrical connecters. As for the wiring, I bought the Rockford Fosgate RFK4X (4 awg)kit for the 600t amp and plan on just using the kit that is all ready there(Wal-Mart 8 awg kit) to run the 400t amp. Later on down the road I might look at running a single 0/1 gauge wire to power both of them but for now I think this should be fine. one thing I forgot to add was the upgraded alternator and battery wires. I ordered a DC 190 amp alternator and their wiring kit.

Old 03-11-2013, 06:08 AM
amdriven2liv
I'm hitting easy street

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
That is the one I'm looking at.

I found a youtube video on this model. It shows that you don't need the by-pass wiring for the video to play while driving.

Watch at the 4:50 mark.

Old 03-11-2013, 06:20 AM
edawgm
Junior User
I will have to see it after work. Gov does not like youtube. lol. I am not complaining because they alow me to get on here.

Old 03-11-2013, 08:08 AM
edawgm
Junior User
Originally Posted by amdriven2liv
That is the one I'm looking at.

I found a youtube video on this model. It shows that you don't need the by-pass wiring for the video to play while driving.

Watch at the 4:50 mark.

Pioneer AVH x5500BHS / AVH x8500BHS Review - YouTube

quote from him on that page:
Hey guys just saying hello again and giving you my review on the Pioneer AVH x5500BHS this is pretty much the same model as the x8500BHS with differences you will not notice
Link to get a microbypass
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Authentic-Mic...

Makes you wonder what he is talking about in the video but then gives a link for the microbypass??

also someone asked that question to him and he replyed yes you need the microbypass

Old 03-11-2013, 08:27 AM
amdriven2liv
I'm hitting easy street

Originally Posted by edawgm
quote from him on that page:
Hey guys just saying hello again and giving you my review on the Pioneer AVH x5500BHS this is pretty much the same model as the x8500BHS with differences you will not notice
Link to get a microbypass
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Authentic-Mic...

Makes you wonder what he is talking about in the video but then gives a link for the microbypass??

also someone asked that question to him and he replyed yes you need the microbypass
Thanks for pointing that out.

So, I posted a comment on his video also concerning this. I will need to make sure I test that before I install it.

Again, good catch!

Old 03-11-2013, 08:37 AM
edawgm
Junior User
Thanks for pointing that out.

So, I posted a comment on his video also concerning this. I will need to make sure I test that before I install it.

Again, good catch!
Not a problem, I was sure that it needed it but had to take a look. Got to love technology

Old 03-11-2013, 10:22 AM
amdriven2liv
I'm hitting easy street

I was hoping to do this with my phone on it. (Android) It maybe just a little early yet .

This is using appradio 2. The new app doesn't allow this yet.

Would love it to work.

Old 03-11-2013, 10:40 AM
edawgm
Junior User
I was hoping to do this with my phone on it. (Android) It maybe just a little early yet .

This is using appradio 2. The new app doesn't allow this yet.

Would love it to work.

Arliberator - YouTube
That is sweet. I don't know what all I would do with it other than that would save buying the navigation unit.

Old 03-11-2013, 10:56 AM
amdriven2liv
I'm hitting easy street

Originally Posted by edawgm
That is sweet. I don't know what all I would do with it other than that would save buying the navigation unit.
Well, my Wife loves to stay in touch through the different medias. When we travel, I thought it would be a great way to do it with out using the little phone keyboard. And she could scroll through all the stuff she reads on line on a bigger screen.

She is also big on picture taking. She could look at the pictures on the larger screen and send them on their merry ole way.

And yes, the navigation system through the phone would be less spendy.

Technology is fun. Can't wait to see what is coming next.

Old 03-11-2013, 09:15 PM
2000silverbullet
Lead Driver
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Man, $600 seems reasonable to have that functionality. I'd be sold on that head unit in a heartbeat if I was in the market...

Old 03-11-2013, 10:25 PM
edawgm
Junior User
Originally Posted by 2000silverbullet
Man, $600 seems reasonable to have that functionality. I'd be sold on that head unit in a heartbeat if I was in the market...
That is what sold me on it. It was either buy one that had it all for over a thousand or pay a little and if I wanted the nav just pay a little more. The old Kenwood HU I have in my truck has been great but had to run the aux and power wires to have all the sound (nav and phone calls) go through the truck. I have wanted a cleaner look and should get it with the new one.

Old 03-12-2013, 05:16 AM
edawgm
Junior User
If anyone does look into getting the same head unit or any HU for that matter read everything. The Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS that I bought has so many features. But not all of them can co-exist. Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS DVD receiver at Crutchfield.com

This is alot of info on this HU. One thing I will put in for this HU is: Note: If you are already using the head unit's RGB input to access AppRadio Mode from your iPhone, then you cannot connect this add-on navigation module (or vise-versa).

Last edited by edawgm; 03-12-2013 at 05:22 AM. Reason: bad info taken out
Old 04-05-2013, 05:50 PM
david.brady
Elder User
Awesome! I know what you feel like, I had 9 months of planning while in Afghanistan for everything I wanted to do. Can't wait to see the finished product. Be safe brother.

Quick Reply: 2004 F350 full sound system upgrade