1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

I have my 1956 ford f100

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2013, 04:19 PM
capelo
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Greetings to all, I'm New Here, to tell you that I have in my house and my camineta .
tell you to take me a surprise, and not all positive, had some flaws that I had hidden the owner at the time of purchase, but good now too late to remember it, now time to work hard, I put some pictures:

Old 05-26-2013, 04:33 PM
capelo
Elder User
Engine picture and identify what is a 292 cheveland of 62-64, which opinais of this engine?

this cover is missing, anyone know where to get it?

someone knows something about this carburetor? I just know it is two barrels

Old 05-26-2013, 05:20 PM
ben73058
Logistics Pro
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Hola Capelo,
Sus fotos son un poquito pequeno. Es possible a ponerlos mas grande?

Es magnifico que su camioneta es en Espana!

Ben in Austin
1950 F1

Old 05-27-2013, 03:46 PM
capelo
Elder User
I have modified the size of the photos, I hope your comments and advice.

Old 05-27-2013, 03:51 PM
capelo
Elder User
one of the things that the seller did not tell me is that the windows had broken both front and rear, and now I will have to bring to the cost, anyone know the dimensions that has the lead once packed?

Old 05-27-2013, 03:53 PM
capelo
Elder User
as I said I'll put front disc brakes and brake pump brings is the original, but not if it would be advisable to replace it and if so which recomendais out, since I have seen several, thanks

Old 05-27-2013, 06:57 PM
AXracer
Hotshot
Received 53 Likes on 34 Posts
That is not a cleveland engine. It is a Y block. You would need the numbers on the engine to verify the size and year. That throttle linkage needs replacing.
If you put in disk brakes, you definitely want to replace the master cylinder with a two chambered one made for disk-drum applications. You will not be able to use the original one. You may want to use one with a power booster to give power brakes like most modern vehicles. You will need an adapter to mount the master cylinder, new brake lines, two redsidual valves, one for disk brakes to put in the line to the front brakes and one for drum brakes to put in the rear line. Mid Fifty has everything you need, and ships overseas. I recommend kit #5991-R550 if you don't already have the disk brakes, or kit #5955CM if you already have the disk brakes.

Any good auto glass replacement shop should be able to cut the flat rear window glass for you. The curved 56 windshield is going to be expensive to ship, I'd check with the glass shop to see if they can get it for you. You will need a new rubber gasket for both.

Old 05-27-2013, 07:18 PM
ben73058
Logistics Pro
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Hola Capelo,
Los fotos son mucho mejores. El vidrio de atras es facil para instalar de su normal empresa de vidrio porque es plano. La del frente es un poquito mas dificil.

That's the first time I've seen one of our trucks towed by a BMW.

Estamos feliz por tu Capelo - Los otros hombres en el foto son sus hijos? Amigos? Es este un proyecto grupo desde Asturias?

Ben in Austin
1950 F1

Old 05-28-2013, 04:11 PM
capelo
Elder User
hola Ben gracias, los de la foto son amigos, el proyecto lo estoy llevando acabo yo solo. Yo tambien me quede sorprendido al ver el bmw , es de la persona que me la trajo desde el puerto, trabaja en USHIP,
ya os ire poniendo mas fotos con los avances y consultas
Hi Ben thanks, photo are friends, the project I am taking just myself. Me too I was surprised to see the bmw, is the person who brought it from the port, works on USHIP,
you and I will put more pictures with the progress and consultations

Old 05-28-2013, 04:29 PM
capelo
Elder User
Originally Posted by AXracer
That is not a cleveland engine. It is a Y block. You would need the numbers on the engine to verify the size and year. That throttle linkage needs replacing.
If you put in disk brakes, you definitely want to replace the master cylinder with a two chambered one made for disk-drum applications. You will not be able to use the original one. You may want to use one with a power booster to give power brakes like most modern vehicles. You will need an adapter to mount the master cylinder, new brake lines, two redsidual valves, one for disk brakes to put in the line to the front brakes and one for drum brakes to put in the rear line. Mid Fifty has everything you need, and ships overseas. I recommend kit #5991-R550 if you don't already have the disk brakes, or kit #5955CM if you already have the disk brakes.

Any good auto glass replacement shop should be able to cut the flat rear window glass for you. The curved 56 windshield is going to be expensive to ship, I'd check with the glass shop to see if they can get it for you. You will need a new rubber gasket for both.
Thank you very much, if you can help me with the windscreen would be very grateful, and I have gums., And I've talked to a person here who can make me flat glass.
disc brakes and had purchased the kit is fine 5955-CM, but I wonder if the 5913 kit, I also can serve? I would save some money.
Now I'll go asking about my doubts.
regards

Old 05-28-2013, 04:36 PM
capelo
Elder User
I forgot, so I meant cleveland engine that was made in that factoria, as I have seen-and-block.con www.ford.
C2AE number 6015-C,
that opinais on? if I have to do something with the throttle lever.
on the carburetor, it is unAUTOLITE 2100, but not more than the

Old 05-28-2013, 04:54 PM
capelo
Elder User
I'm going around and on how to paint and had thought of this option are saying?

Old 05-28-2013, 07:19 PM
bigwin56f100
Lead Driver
Received 843 Likes on 478 Posts
Originally Posted by AXracer

Yes that is a Y block but its a "Cleveland" built Y block not a "Dearborn" Y block. There is a difference on the earlier ones, but this one is a later version 1962 by the C2 # by then they were all Cleveland engines

Old 05-28-2013, 10:18 PM
AXracer
Hotshot
Received 53 Likes on 34 Posts
OK, I understand that the Y blocks were built in the Cleveland assembly plant, just like all Chevy small blocks were built in Buffalo, but I have not heard anyone refering to the Y block as a "Cleveland" engine. Usually the "Cleveland" moniker is applied to that plant's version of the 351 small block to differentiate it from the the "Windsor" design 351, since they have very few interchangable parts.

Old 05-29-2013, 04:52 PM
capelo
Elder User
I can say over the top that I'm missing in the gearbox?

Quick Reply: I have my 1956 ford f100