1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

The things people do....

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2013, 08:00 PM
Doc
Logistics Pro
Received 128 Likes on 55 Posts
Guys you're missing the sad point here that Reed tried to point out. Just as soon as he saw that ad, he contacted the guy via email through craigslist, which was the only supplied way of contact. The guy never replied. Reed lives probably less than 40 miles from it. I live just barely over 2 hours away. Trust me, if it was still sitting there, it would have been saved by now. The sad thing is this "seller" posted the thing with very short time to respond and is obviously desperate. Times are tough.....it's just kind of heartbreaking. Let's just HOPE that SOMEBODY, ANYBODY beat Reed to the prize on this one, and it didn't get destroyed for scrap.

Old 02-13-2013, 08:01 PM
Chris 56 f6
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bobj49f2
Bobby, what the heck are you doing?!! We're a group of enablers. You're suppose to encourage member to "go for it".

Ok, now topmoo it's just a little over 1000 miles between you and that truck. Fill your truck with gas, grab a trailer and head out there!! If you pack enough food and drink, wear an adult diaper you could get there and back in a long weekend if you start early on Friday night. You know you want it, you know you do!
Is that what you did to go to truckstock !(adult diapers)? Remind me that I should never go retrieve a truck with you !
Lol

Old 02-13-2013, 08:19 PM
bobj49f2
Hotshot
Received 2,059 Likes on 804 Posts
Originally Posted by South of BC
I can tell you that if that truck were within a few hundred miles of my house it would already be on my property. Unfortunately it would take me several days (which I don't have to spare) and too much in fuel to make it worthwhile.
Originally Posted by bigwin56f100
Thats what it is for me 1000 miles, 500 each way, say 80 gallons of fuel, no meat left on the bone!
Come guys, we don't do this for the money! We do it because of love of the hobby and our love of old Ford trucks.

Heck, if I did it for money I'd be crying my eyes out

Just do it!

See how good of an enabler I am? Just think you'd have your own story about getting hell from the wife:

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...caught-me.html

I would get it myself but I'm, ah,...........busy..........with........work, yeah, that's it, I'm busy with work. Or else I'd have my trailer hooked and be on my way!

Old 02-13-2013, 08:55 PM
topmoo
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by bobbytnm
Steady there big fella, step back, take a few deep breaths, easy now

...there ya go...whew, that was a close one

(not a bad idea though....can we store them all at your house?)

Bobby
No problem, first let me get divorced and see if I still have to house...

Old 02-13-2013, 08:57 PM
topmoo
Postmaster
Bobby, what the heck are you doing?!! We're a group of enablers. You're suppose to encourage member to "go for it".

Ok, now topmoo it's just a little over 1000 miles between you and that truck. Fill your truck with gas, grab a trailer and head out there!! If you pack enough food and drink, wear an adult diaper you could get there and back in a long weekend if you start early on Friday night. You know you want it, you know you do!
OK, I must be getting close. What color was it? It is hard to see in the dark and I forgot to bring the address...

Old 02-13-2013, 09:10 PM
bobj49f2
Hotshot
Originally Posted by topmoo
OK, I must be getting close. What color was it? It is hard to see in the dark and I forgot to bring the address...
You just passed it about a block back. Go back to the tree stump on the left, it's that house with that big dog in front. Don't worry, he won't bit..........much!

Old 02-13-2013, 09:15 PM
fatfenders
Post Fiend
Received 123 Likes on 94 Posts
That would be a shame. 600 of us could throw in a dollar each, somebody close get it and sell it whole or for parts. If it sells for more buy another, then another, etc. and we could have our own use parts warehouse!
Is this a pyramid scheme? Can I really get in for only a dollar?

Old 02-13-2013, 09:17 PM
topmoo
Postmaster
You just passed it about a block back. Go back to the tree stump on the left, it's that house with that big dog in front. Don't worry, he won't bit..........much!
I think I got bit by the wrong dog. I am going home.

Old 02-13-2013, 09:18 PM
bobj49f2
Hotshot
I think I got bit by the wrong dog. I am going home.
Quitter!!..

Old 02-13-2013, 09:19 PM
topmoo
Postmaster
Originally Posted by fatfenders
Is this a pyramid scheme? Can I really get in for only a dollar?
No problem, we just have to find somebody who can store it all first. Maybe Doc will, he has that really nice big field. It would look really good as a FTE junk yard. Then at the next truckstock we could all get parts.

Old 02-13-2013, 09:36 PM
South of BC
Elder User
Originally Posted by Doc
Guys you're missing the sad point here that Reed tried to point out. Just as soon as he saw that ad, he contacted the guy via email through craigslist, which was the only supplied way of contact. The guy never replied. Reed lives probably less than 40 miles from it. I live just barely over 2 hours away. Trust me, if it was still sitting there, it would have been saved by now. The sad thing is this "seller" posted the thing with very short time to respond and is obviously desperate. Times are tough.....it's just kind of heartbreaking. Let's just HOPE that SOMEBODY, ANYBODY beat Reed to the prize on this one, and it didn't get destroyed for scrap.
Perhaps I misunderstood then, I thought Reed posted it in case one of us wanted to save it, not that he was interested, so my apologies. That aside, I found it odd the guy offered it on a Saturday with the message it was going to scrap on Monday if no takers. Personally, if I felt the need to get rid of something, I'd know my intentions with more than two days notice. But if it has gone for scrap all may not be lost. We've had a couple scrap yards appear in the last year. If they get something valuable they park it out front and try to get more for it as an item. I snoozed on a sickle bar mower they had sitting out and someone beat me to it. So if he did sell it for scrap hopefully the scrap yard will try to sell it. The guy still has the ad up, I hate it when they leave up an ad and don't respond. I've emailed a guy in Montana twice now about a gooseneck trailer he's advertising. No reply and the ad is still up.

Old 02-13-2013, 10:19 PM
reed1951
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No I'm not interested in buying it LOL I contacted him to see if he still had it and if it was still for sale so I could tell you guys about it. Yeah I hate that too when they don't reply to your emails, texts or calls. I've emailed this guy twice and he's not emailed me back. I wanted to post it on here because I just wanted to see if someone could save it. It is also weird as you said before where he listing it a few days before he was gonna supposedly get it crushed. I was hoping it was just a marketing stunt to get people like us to BITE on the truck but since he's not answering any emails I'm thinking the worst has happened...I hope it isn't scrap, I hope someone bought that thing

Old 02-14-2013, 07:12 AM
19fifty4
Postmaster
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Erwin is a few hours away for me. Been up there quite a few times on the AT. I know how to get there and would like to drag that home for $600. Got absolutely no place to put it but that hasn't stopped me before. Maybe I can pass it off as a Valentine's gift. "Hi Honey, look what I got for you"

Old 02-14-2013, 09:27 AM
South of BC
Elder User
Good on you Mike! If he already sold it as scrap see if you can get the name and number of the scrap yard, there may still be time.

Old 02-14-2013, 10:25 AM
Doc
Logistics Pro
Received 128 Likes on 55 Posts
I hope somebody gets to it before it goes to China. I used to live in that relative area. Unless that guy responds to somebody and gives them a hint about its location, it would be very hard to track down. There's a LOT of scrap dealers around that area....and quite a few of them are little ma and pa operations up in some little valley, etc. I'd love to go chasing after it, but I've got WAY too many irons in the fire right now, and east TN is a big place. Erwin is a nice place. I did some whitewater rafting there in the past.

Quick Reply: The things people do....