1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

UH OH,wife caught me.

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2013, 08:58 AM
bobj49f2
Hotshot
Received 2,059 Likes on 804 Posts
Originally Posted by topmoo
Every once in a while I do small jobs and have the client write me a check instead of to my company. Usually in the 2 to 5 hundred dollar range. Sometimes they mail it after I email them an invoice. If my wife gets to the mail before me it is "oh honey, thanks for the check that came in the mail today. I signed and cashed it for you. Oh, and I stopped at TJMaxx and Marshalls." Of course there will be nothing left. But she is usually good about my purchases for the truck. Good luck Jim, hope your finances improve and you are able to get what you need without getting into trouble.
Valentines day! I almost completely forgot! Thanks for the reminder PineconeFord!
I learned never to tell my wife how much money I have, which usually isn't a lot. Right now I have $23 in my pocket. If I do work for cash it never comes near her, it goes right into my pocket. My wife does the book for my business and I never see money from the business. She does what she wants with that money, I keep what I get myself.

My wife has an amazing talent, she can find a bill that is almost the exact amount of money I have. I'd sell a part and make the mistake of telling her. If I sold something for $X it never failed within a day or two she'd come up to me with a bill and tell me, "I have the $25 for this bill, I just don't know where I'm going to get $X to pay the rest. I'd had over my new found wealth. That got old, now when she comes up to me with this scenario I just shrug my shoulders and give her a blank look. The one good thing about handing over my truck money in the past is when she complains about something I bought I'd tell he not to worry about because my trucks have funded a lot of other non-truck related stuff over the years.

BTW, I don't drink alcohol, smoke, gamble or anything else fun, my trucks are my only fun and with doing all the work myself and the parts buying and selling I do the cost is very low, a lot less than if I drank, smoked, gambled or did anything else that was fun.

Old 02-13-2013, 09:29 AM
Chris 56 f6
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had put some money down on a new motorcycle in the spring one year . I needed to come up with the balance,so I told here to research home equity loans. We needed a new roof bad so I told here the money would be for the roof. She is a great wife ! found a great loan and field out all the paper work! A week or so goes by check came in and I ask if we could go look at motorcycles !? Just go look! Pulled up to the dealer ,new shiny bike out front !! I ask her if she likes the one out front and she said "no! It is a one seater "we go inside and the guys go "hey Chris ,here is your new helmet and here is the paperwork for your bike! Did you see it out front on your way in!!!

Btw a year went by and I still needed a roof! Then my wife said "the guy from the bank is coming by to check on the HOME Improvements

Old 02-13-2013, 10:03 AM
christurney77
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We only have one car payment. (my wife's mini cooper) So when I buy parts, I tell her this is still cheaper than another car payment.... She just has to agree. (BTW... I never spend as much in parts in a month as her car payment.....)

Old 02-13-2013, 10:35 AM
South of BC
Elder User
Originally Posted by Chris 56 f6
I had put some money down on a new motorcycle in the spring one year . I needed to come up with the balance,so I told here to research home equity loans. We needed a new roof bad so I told here the money would be for the roof. She is a great wife ! found a great loan and field out all the paper work! A week or so goes by check came in and I ask if we could go look at motorcycles !? Just go look! Pulled up to the dealer ,new shiny bike out front !! I ask her if she likes the one out front and she said "no! It is a one seater "we go inside and the guys go "hey Chris ,here is your new helmet and here is the paperwork for your bike! Did you see it out front on your way in!!!

Btw a year went by and I still needed a roof! Then my wife said "the guy from the bank is coming by to check on the HOME Improvements
I think you posted this in the wrong thread, seems to me it should be in the 'Close Call' thread because your story seems to be the closest near death experience I've read yet. You are lucky to be alive!!

Old 02-13-2013, 10:44 AM
yamagrant
Lead Driver
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by South of BC
I think you posted this in the wrong thread, seems to me it should be in the 'Close Call' thread because your story seems to be the closest near death experience I've read yet. You are lucky to be alive!!
X2, LOL.

Old 02-13-2013, 10:56 AM
bobj49f2
Hotshot

Now that is just damn funny, glad it wasn't me, it wouldn't have been nearly as funny

Old 02-13-2013, 12:46 PM
underthebridgejim
FTE fan
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Chris, that sounds more like a sit com than a real life story, wow! You must certanly have an understanding wife. Me to, I love my wife to death and hate to do anything behind her back, but the truck would still look like it did when I got it, if I waited till we could really afford a part, deep down I think they understand. Thanks for sharing

Old 02-13-2013, 01:01 PM
Chris 56 f6
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by christurney77
We only have one car payment. (my wife's mini cooper) So when I buy parts, I tell her this is still cheaper than another car payment.... She just has to agree. (BTW... I never spend as much in parts in a month as her car payment.....)
We too have only one car payment and it is for her Mini Cooper also!

Old 02-13-2013, 01:07 PM
Chris 56 f6
Posting Guru
I defiantly had to spend us time with her before I could spend me time on it!!

Old 02-13-2013, 01:10 PM
Chris 56 f6
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by underthebridgejim
Chris, that sounds more like a sit com than a real life story, wow! You must certanly have an understanding wife. Me to, I love my wife to death and hate to do anything behind her back, but the truck would still look like it did when I got it, if I waited till we could really afford a part, deep down I think they understand. Thanks for sharing
After I got the house roofed( 3 weeks in September )she made me go out and get her a bike ,! I love my wife!

Old 02-13-2013, 01:28 PM
South of BC
Elder User
I defiantly had to spend us time with her before I could spend me time on it!!
Are you sure you didn't mean definitely? I'd hate for her to read that!

Old 02-13-2013, 01:46 PM
Chris 56 f6
Posting Guru
Are you sure you didn't mean definitely? I'd hate for her to read that!
Good catch ! My sub conches must of typed that !!!

Old 02-13-2013, 05:07 PM
pineconeford
Knuckle Bandage Sales Rep

Received 618 Likes on 328 Posts
Originally Posted by christurney77

I have to remember this and use it often in our money 'discussions'.

Tom

Old 02-13-2013, 09:08 PM
brain75
Elder User
Talk about making a guy grateful for being single.

Old 02-13-2013, 09:12 PM
bobj49f2
Hotshot
Originally Posted by brain75
Talk about making a guy grateful for being single.
Yeah, right, but on those cold nights when you want some female company......... well you still won't get it but you won't be lonely at least.

Quick Reply: UH OH,wife caught me.