New Member Introductions New to FTE? Introduce yourself here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

...been awhile

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2013, 12:54 PM
jdmorg
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
...been awhile

What's going on everyone? After a brief 6-7 year hiatus, I'm back! I found this spot years ago when I was the proud owner of an '88 Bronco. She's long gone now (I miss that beast) and I've gone through a couple of rides since then, but they all had half-engines and drive axles on the wrong end. I'm finally looking into joining the Ford family again, but will be asking A LOT of questions in the meantime.

Since I've been gone, I've managed to convince a couple of sucke...er...well-educated administrators to give me a college degree, picked up "racing" to supplement my car hobby (hello to fellow Lemoneers and 24 Hour of Lemons "fans"), and as recently as 2 weeks ago, started a new job! And this is why I'm back.

I'm now a Project Manager type and am looking into getting a pickup truck. I shouldn't have to be carrying too much in it (otherwise I'm doing my job wrong), but will need to be able to make an occasional lumber run, maybe some trim pieces and doors, etc. I'd also like to be able to tow my Lemon, who's maybe 1,800lbs soaking wet (not sure about the trailer). I would like to tow my 1970 Monte Carlo one day, and she's got to be every bit of 3-4,000lbs (no trailer for that one yet).

I'll be commuting ~75 miles each way (95% highway) for the time being, but then have to park any new ride in the city (parallel parking...the driveway out back just ain't big enough). I'll have car payment/fuel reimbursement of up to $450 a month it sounds like.

I was initially looking into a Tacoma for the sake of the size and potential fuel savings, but after some looking, I'm thinking about the F-150 3.7 EB. The Tacoma didn't look to get as great of MPG as I'd have thought based on a trip around the Philadelphia Auto Show, and if I'm going to be driving 50,000 miles a year and spending 3 hours a day in her for the foreseeable future (I love this new job), I'd rather not be driving a 'compromise' so to speak.

So let me know what you think. I realize I'm asking a Ford board about my options, but my focus is shifting back into the Ford camp, so give me your experiences and let me know if you think I'm off-base thinking about a new F-150 EB for this. I'll ask around in the F-150 forum as well, but wanted to get started the right way with a (re-) introduction.

Good to see y'all again!

Old 02-01-2013, 01:48 PM
1Aauto
Former Vendor
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
welcome to the site

Old 02-02-2013, 08:03 AM
FORD COASTIE
Supporter of Patriotism
Received 2,369 Likes on 1,714 Posts
Welcome back!