1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

off topic .... it sucks , gotta vent ...

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2013, 05:03 AM
55 f350
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
thanx for the words of encouragement guys ! it's good too know you have friends who care enough to listen . tom i got so down the other day i went out and bought a box 'o' fresh mel o creams , and then didn't get but one of them as i had two of my granddaughters , my shadow reese and her little sister teegan , at the house and they with a little help from grandma , downed dain near the whole dozen and killed a gallon of milk . next time i buy some and have to leave to run an errand i'll hide the doughnuts before i leave !!!!!!!

Old 01-10-2013, 05:15 AM
petemcl
Still Learnin'
Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by 55 f350
we just keep grinning and pray something good happens ....
Lawsuits are a pain in the axx and can drain you mentally and physically. You are entitled to your day in court but don't let that become the focus of your life. Treat it kinda like a lottery ticket. Nice to have and think about winning but life will go on regardless of the outcome.

Make sure that you keep your mental attitude positive. I liked Jeff's "granddaughter and an ice cream cone" suggestion. Focus on the good stuff.

Old 01-11-2013, 10:18 PM
Rojak
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Kevin... prayer sent your way and hoping for a good 2013 for you and your wife. If you're ever going to be in the Bloomington/Normal area shoot me a PM and coffee and donuts are on me!

Old 01-11-2013, 10:21 PM
Jeff and Nicolle
Logistics Pro
Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Rojak
Hey Kevin... prayer sent your way and hoping for a good 2013 for you and your wife. If you're ever going to be in the Bloomington/Normal area shoot me a PM and coffee and donuts are on me!
I want the coffee! He can have the doughnuts!

Old 01-11-2013, 10:31 PM
Rojak
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Jeff and Nicolle
I keep trying to buy you a cup of coffee... even the real expensive stuff!

Maybe we need to fight the Winter blues with a Central IL FTE Meet & Greet...

Old 01-11-2013, 10:42 PM
carnut122
Posting Guru
tom i got so down the other day i went out and bought a box 'o' fresh mel o creams , and then didn't get but one of them as i had two of my granddaughters , my shadow reese and her little sister teegan , at the house and they with a little help from grandma , downed dain near the whole dozen and killed a gallon of milk . next time i buy some and have to leave to run an errand i'll hide the doughnuts before i leave !!!!!!!
Dude, things have gone from bad to downright intolerable! Next time, just put those little morsels of greatness in overnight mail to me so those little grubbers can't get their paws on them ever again! I hope you got the Chocolate Honeymooner ( I just had an epiphany about why they call it that...and then I remembered about Smokies Den). Now, I'm not sure I can ever eat one of those again. And, also the Chocolate Long-John.

Old 01-11-2013, 10:44 PM
carnut122
Posting Guru
Have you ever eaten Mel-O-Creams?

Old 01-11-2013, 10:51 PM
Jeff and Nicolle
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by Rojak
I keep trying to buy you a cup of coffee... even the real expensive stuff!

Maybe we need to fight the Winter blues with a Central IL FTE Meet & Greet...
Yeah I know you have..
Seems like every time I take a breath, something else takes priority.
Christmas...
Stepson moving out...
Daughter moving in....
getting here registered for school...
Brother moving from one town to the next, and he is taking a job in Dallas FT Worth at Bell Helicopter...
Getting my F1 fenders FINALLY!
351W Oil Pan/ pickup tube sold to "Sterling Classics" member north of here, Richard. He is a nice guy!
Things will calm down in a couple weeks I hope.
Oh yeah another out-of-town work trip around the corner...ugh..

Old 01-11-2013, 10:54 PM
Jeff and Nicolle
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by carnut122
Have you ever eaten Mel-O-Creams?
I am sure I have before...I used to eat anything and everything, now I am diabetic...just rabbit food anymore...

Old 01-11-2013, 11:04 PM
carnut122
Posting Guru
I am sure I have before...I used to eat anything and everything, now I am diabetic...just rabbit food anymore...
The wife's been trying to feed me rabbit food too. If I was smart, that's what I should be eating. Yep, better stick with the coffee. I love Kona coffee with a bit of Bailey's creamer in it

Old 01-11-2013, 11:12 PM
Jeff and Nicolle
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by carnut122
The wife's been trying to feed me rabbit food too. If I was smart, that's what I should be eating. Yep, better stick with the coffee. I love Kona coffee with a bit of Bailey's creamer in it
See we all are similiar in tastes...
You...kona and bailey's
Me....Kahlua and bailey's with just a touch of coffee.(Well...me 20years ago)
I usually drink my coffee strong with no additives. Also I grind my own beans. It is amazing what difference there is in flavor. Whole Bean vs Ground.

Old 01-12-2013, 06:00 AM
truckdog62563
Marmon-Herrington Man
Received 262 Likes on 216 Posts
Kevin - Sorry I'm late to the discussion. If I can do anything to help let me know. We've been through the cancer whip lash too, and all that goes with the treatment merry-go-round. But in our case she's beaten it, knock on wood. She had her 10 year anniversay last summer, after having been given a 5% chance to live 5.

If talk over coffee and a few donuts will help, I'm in. We should all get together. Stu

Old 01-12-2013, 07:48 AM
55 f350
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
tom , if the peeps that handle the mail knew what was in the care package i'd send ya it would never make it too you ! coffee sounds good right about now ...... stu , thanx , and brenda has been given a clen bill of health so at least that's all good . and a meet and greet would be good , except it would be like everything else with my work schedule , i wouldn't make it . maybe i could have stu take a life size cardboard cutout of me and utter a few choice words and it'd be close .

Old 01-12-2013, 11:42 AM
Rojak
Posting Guru
tom , if the peeps that handle the mail knew what was in the care package i'd send ya it would never make it too you ! coffee sounds good right about now ...... stu , thanx , and brenda has been given a clen bill of health so at least that's all good . and a meet and greet would be good , except it would be like everything else with my work schedule , i wouldn't make it . maybe i could have stu take a life size cardboard cutout of me and utter a few choice words and it'd be close .
Never had Melocreams before. I'd be willing to head down to Springfield for the meet & greet or I can host here. Only the other type of donuts (KK) in town here.

Jeff I need to try the fresh ground coffee!

Old 01-12-2013, 12:39 PM
carnut122
Posting Guru
tom , if the peeps that handle the mail knew what was in the care package i'd send ya it would never make it too you !...brenda has been given a clen bill of health so at least that's all good . and a meet and greet would be good , except it would be like everything else with my work schedule , i wouldn't make it . maybe i could have stu take a life size cardboard cutout of me and utter a few choice words and it'd be close .
I'm glad that your wife has some good news! My wife has been cancer free for 4+ years. Put a cardboard cut-out of me at the table too...and don't forget to poke a donut in my mouth every once in awhile. Hang in there and hopefully the rest will turn around too.

Quick Reply: off topic .... it sucks , gotta vent ...