General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

Absolute Worst Credit Card To Stay Away From

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2015, 10:12 PM
hoss73ford
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Had a Discover card since 1986 when Sears started issuing them and have never had a problem with them

Old 04-02-2015, 04:01 AM
tjc transport
i ain't rite
Received 3,108 Likes on 2,168 Posts
i have two cards, a discover and an american express. no balance, they get paid in full when the bill comes in.. i very rarely use them except to monthly bills like power, gas, phone, and online purchases.
otherwise everything is cash,, and i will never own a debit card.

Old 04-02-2015, 06:26 AM
Tedster9
Post Fiend
Received 66 Likes on 65 Posts
Tough not to. Banks typically mail them out regardless - they might call it something different - "check card" or "ATM" or whatever, but that's what it is, a debit card tied to checking account.

Old 04-02-2015, 05:58 PM
kermmydog
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by Ford_Six
I have managed so far to basically live without credit. I don't have a fancy tv, new car, or any of the other status symbols that come with huge bills, and if it wasn't for my DB brother in law I'd actually be a bit ahead right now.
Some of the pre-paid cards are just as bad, though. I had one last year that charged a monthly fee, POS fees, ATM fees, and a whole bunch of other stuff. Not small fees either, it was $2 for any transaction minimum.
Jared, that is why you & I are most likely on a terrorist list. It is not being a good, patriot, American in less your in debt.
Having awful credit is much better than not having it.

Old 04-02-2015, 06:24 PM
FORDF250HDXLT
Post Fiend
Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts
i use my credit cards just like they're debit cards.this way i get their rewards,never pay interest,and maintain a perfect credit score (always pay on time,and always have super low utilization.) iv even over payed before so the pending charges would be covered lol!

imho,if your borrowing $ you don't have to repay instantly (or at the end of the month in full is ok - too dangerous imho) then your living outside your means and should consider trying to live simpler.it's a lot less stressful this way.though you may go without new model trucks,car's and not own top of the line brand name cloths and furniture etc,oh well.big deal.that stuff isn't what brings true happiness anyway.

Ron, don't take this the wrong way,but it sounds as if you didn't read all of the fine print before applying for that card.once you apply and agree to their terms.then you do just that.agree to their terms.a deadline wouldn't be a deadline if wasn't a deadline lol.that's generally how most of them all are.you never want to be late.imho you never want to be on time either.always early.this way if something comes up,you've got time to cover yourself or correct bank issues/funds etc.cc's are too risky to push payments to their deadlines.interest and late fee's will swamp ya.that's why so many people can never get out.very wise for people to acknowledge they shouldn't have them if they know they'll treat them like free $.

Old 04-02-2015, 07:37 PM
Tedster9
Post Fiend
Received 66 Likes on 65 Posts
They are in business to make money. LOTS of money. I was going through some stuff and throwing it out and found some old credit card statements. Had a low credit limit, and very high interest rates. Was usually maxxed. "Minimum payment due" ha!

They set everything up to increase the likelihood of a "late" payment, that is the key to making more money for them. Maximum interest rates, penalties, fees, and there isn't any "loyalty". Why would their be? To be fair thousands of people default on their credit all the time. Current credit score is 830, not the highest but it's good. Took a while, didn't start that way..

Old 04-05-2015, 06:06 PM
Aftrmidnite
Fleet Mechanic
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
My work just issued Discover cards for our ID cards, we just became Wally Mart IMO.

Old 04-06-2015, 04:49 AM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Received 1,221 Likes on 803 Posts
I've read where manufacturer's service credit cards such the Ford Service Card are the worst to get.