Sponsored by:

MUD BOGGIN in NORTHERN VIRGINIA

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2003, 02:29 PM
fordmaniac21
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i posted this in another forum for last weekend and didnt get any replies so i figered i would post it here. me and a buddy are tryin to et several trucks together to go out muddin near stafford, va next weekend. we were out all day yesterday and had a blast. its not that there are a lot of holes that are deep, but the problem is that the ruts are deep and sometimes just one really deep rut in the middle of a narrow section so there is only one line. most of the holes on this trail are cut with 38 inch or bigger boggers. it is alot of fun "obsticles" too . would prefer if you want to go you have at least a 31 inch mud tiresand a tow piont on the front nd rear of your rig, but if you got a winch or just want to go out and have a good time come on out. the bigger the better. my 75 with with a 4 inch lift and 35 inch swampers and my best freind in his 88 ranger on 33 inch tires did fine but one of the other guys in his 96 f-150 with 31 inch bfg all terrains , well i will just say he pretty much stayed right behind me connected by a tow strap for 60% of the trail. the more trucks we get to go the more fun it will be. it will be the last time i will be taking my truck out boggin befor i move in the middle of the next month back to colorado and rock crawling. e mail me for directions and more info at fordx4redneck(No Email Addresses In Posts!) or better yet post a reply right here on FTE. We will probably be going on saturday morning around 10 or so weather permiting. we will work out more details as we get more people to go and as it comes closer to next weekend. here are some pics from one of the many times i have been out there http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/fordx4redneck
keep in mind that was after NO rain for a couple weeks. so as of yesterday it was ten times worse due to the fact that it has rained 10 out of the past 14 days here. hope i can get some of yall out here so we can all meet and have a good time mud boggin befor i leave so i need a good send off to remember this place by.

Last edited by fordmaniac21; 05-25-2003 at 02:55 PM.
Old 05-28-2003, 07:55 AM
ExpyBoy
Senior User

Hell I live in Stafford... I love to abuse my TANK... I mean Tank... 4700Lbs worth of SUV ... Have brand spanking BFGs on it.... If you are up for it again let me know

Old 05-28-2003, 08:04 PM
DNGR_RNGR
New User

i will be going for sure,.. ExpyBoy, what size tires you got,..?i say we should BE THERE at 10....

Old 05-28-2003, 08:07 PM
fordmaniac21
Elder User

that works for me DNGR_RNGR. does that work for you expyboy???? we can all meet up at WA-WAS iin stafford on route 1 just south of the garrisonville (610) exit. gas is cheap there and on the way. hope yall are prpare to have fun and get muddy. i know i am. anyone else interested in going???

edit:::: one more thing, do you have tow pionts at both ends of yer expy??? if not thats cool. im just askin cuz everyone that goies out there gets pulled one time or another.

Last edited by fordmaniac21; 05-28-2003 at 08:10 PM.
Old 05-28-2003, 08:59 PM
Knobby4604X4
Senior User

I don't want to rain on EXPY's parade, but he's gonna have to ride with somebody! There is no way a mostly stock 'Expy' with BFG All Terrains is going to make it even halfway down some of those trails! The mud in Quantico isn't a dirty puddle; it's door deep, axle grabbing, I shouldn't have driven into this hole,MUD! When you get a TANK stuck in these holes you can expect to have a bit of trouble with a stocker!

Old 05-28-2003, 09:02 PM
fordmaniac21
Elder User

ya that is true for the trails here on quantico. we r going to a trail down in stafford. it not quite as bad. you should come knobby. itl be a blast

Old 05-28-2003, 09:10 PM
Knobby4604X4
Senior User

Gotta work! Where in Stafford can you go and not get hassled by the local law enforcement? Most of the powerline sections we used to run have been gated off. And I'm not going anywhere that I might get to wear those shiny metal bracelets!

Old 05-29-2003, 05:35 AM
DNGR_RNGR
New User

the spot we go as out near ramoth church.

Old 05-29-2003, 05:53 AM
fordmaniac21
Elder User

well both dgnr_rngr and i have a lot riding on our backs so if we knew it was illegal we deffinetly wouldnt be going there. we have been goin there in our trucks and/or quads for several years and havent had much said about us going back there. that sucks that you cant go out there. looks like you have an awsome rig knobby4x4460. but you are right in the past 5 years since i have been here about 90% of the trails and powerlines that i used to wheel at all the time have been gated off or they put up a ton of no trespassing signs. if there were any signs we prolly wouldnt be going back there. its kinda funny, there are none on the trail but all of the trails that cut off the main trail have a no trespassing sign about 50 feet up the trail.

Old 05-29-2003, 06:23 AM
ExpyBoy
Senior User

If we're talking this Sat the 31st I am going to some Off-Road park in PA to help get the stock to slightly modified trails in shape and then spend a day running....

The 4700lb beast (I guess it never heard of a diet) has 31's on it I guess 265x70x17's... I think that works out to 31's.....

I've taken it through some pretty nasty mud up in the GW forest... Check here there are a few muddin pics.... If what you are talking about is worse than the one with me pushing the mud in front of me .... well.........

Old 05-29-2003, 06:26 AM
DNGR_RNGR
New User

i got some more pics of the trail out there too....in 3 of my yahoo albums....
http://photos.yahoo.com/yellow_ho_01 <- look in the "memorial day" album.

http://photos.yahoo.com/yellow_ho_01_2 <- look in the "sept 2001" album, only the pics after the pic named "g" are from these trails.

http://photos.yahoo.com/yellow_ho_01_trucks <- look at the last 2 albums, they are both of these trails.

Old 05-29-2003, 07:05 AM
ExpyBoy
Senior User

This MUD HOLE is that close to my house and I don't know about it ... DNGR... Is this the spot behind Ramoth Church they are talking about???

I live across from the Courthouse in Stafford (5 miles from the Church)

Old 05-29-2003, 07:08 AM
ExpyBoy
Senior User

This MUD HOLE is that close to my house and I don't know about it ... DNGR... Is this the spot behind Ramoth Church they are talking about???

I live across from the Courthouse in Stafford (5 miles from the Church)

If any of you have a hitch with a tow loop, I'll get the strap .... I'd like to see just what a heavyweight can do.... But again... This Sat I have a committment to the place in PA... If we help clear the trails, we run all day and Sun for free... They have trails for ANY level of vehicle.... The 2 other guys I go with aren't quite as into seeing what it will take to destroy their trucks, but they do have the winch, high lift jack etc to get me out of trouble.... We're gonna keep moving up the difficulty scale until the trucks simply won't go any further

Old 05-29-2003, 08:11 AM
fordmaniac21
Elder User

that stuff looks prety awsome. if i had a trailer to tow my truck up ii would come up to PA with ya. i just talked to dngr_rngr and depending on if we can get anyone else to go we might move it to sunday. we will let yall know. i think we are talking about the same trail. i know some of the side trails come out behind the new school they built on courthouse road. youll be missing out!!!

Old 05-29-2003, 08:18 AM
ExpyBoy
Senior User

Let me know 'cause it's looking a little like I might be back by Sunday... The park will let us run both days for free....... But at least one of the other guys needs to get back Sat Night... I'm still waiting to see if the other one wants to camp Sat night and run a few hours on sun....

Yes I have tow points on both ends... Both hooks up front (just like 150) and a hook in the receiver... (not a loop)... but the class 3 hitch so a strap could be wrapped around that as well.....

Quick Reply: MUD BOGGIN in NORTHERN VIRGINIA