Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Trick your ride?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2012, 12:04 PM
Texas Chain Ring
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trick your ride?

I watch a lot of Velocity and Discovery tv, mainly for the nature and auto shows. Of all the shows such as Overhaulin' with Chip Foose, Fast 'n' Loud with Richard Rawlings and Aoron (the dood with the ZZ Top beard), Wheelers and Dealers (English guys that mainly work on older cars), and West Coast Customs, who would you let trick your ride? Anyone from a show not mentioned welcomed as well.

I'd go with Grease Monkey Garage which is Fast 'n' Loud for power and speed and West Coast Customs for looks. They just pulled off an F350 for Habitat for Humanity that came out really nice for a work truck w/ a utility bed.

Old 12-05-2012, 12:15 PM
Shake-N-Bake
Post Fiend

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
The only person I'd let touch my vehicles is Stacey David from Gearz.

Old 12-05-2012, 12:23 PM
Texas Chain Ring
Posting Guru
Let him be so good he has a nationally recognized television show that his work is publicly viewable and perhaps...

Come on now, everyone knows someone or a shop locally. I'd only let Diesel Innovations and no one else, not John Woods nor Brian nor anyone else under the sun, only touch mine for power, speed and reliability as far as who I know on that level.

I'm talking hypothetically. Of all the shows on tv who would you let customize, be it for power or looks or both, your truck?

Old 12-05-2012, 12:25 PM
stinson 108-1
stinson 108-1
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
My kid. Google Xtreme Kreations.com. Mostly bikes on there, but does lots of cars and trucks.

Old 12-05-2012, 12:46 PM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Received 86 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by Texas Chain Ring
I'd only let Diesel Innovations and no one else, not John Woods nor Brian nor anyone else under the sun, only touch mine for power, speed and reliability as far as who I know on that level.
No offense to David, but unless David and ONLY David worked on my truck, I would trust John and Brian over DI.

I've seen first-hand an engine build that came out of his shop and talked personally to the owner and the nightmare he's been through and still enduring is not something I would wish on anyone.

It's a good thing Mike Farmer was at Joey's to try and help out the injector portion of the problem on this guys engine.

I like David and have been a past customer of his, and am not hesitant to be one again in the future, but like I said, unless Mr. Lott himself was working on my truck (not anyone from his shop) he's not high on my list like he is on yours.

Stewart

Old 12-05-2012, 02:46 PM
Texas Chain Ring
Posting Guru
Geebuz Krist Good Lord Almighty Above, that is not the point of this thread, BUT since we're on it my truck coming out of David's shop would annihilate anyone else's truck's coming out of anywhere else, plain and simple. Yes, I'd prefer it be David as well himself whom would work on it as after all, he's the one whom built his wife's daily driver of 700+ hp that is more reliable than stock trucks apparently as it's still on the road for years now, built by himself, and it get's raced often from what I understand but yet has to lose.

TV AUTO SHOWS, WHO WOULD YOU LIKE TO BUILD YOUR TRUCK???????

Old 12-05-2012, 02:57 PM
Punisher29073
Senior User
Fast and Loud would get my vote. I am very much a fan of rat rods.

Ryan

Old 12-05-2012, 02:58 PM
JT250
Cargo Master
Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts
chip foose definetely for exterior design hands down. as for everything else i am not informed enough to make a decision

Old 12-05-2012, 02:59 PM
JT250
Cargo Master
Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts
Now for a rat rod....Fast and loud. they are only 3 hours from me.

Old 12-05-2012, 03:10 PM
PaysonPSD
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
For running gear and suspension Stacey David. For body and interior Chip Foose.

Old 12-05-2012, 03:12 PM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Received 86 Likes on 79 Posts
Geebuz Krist Good Lord Almighty Above, that is not the point of this thread

TV AUTO SHOWS, WHO WOULD YOU LIKE TO BUILD YOUR TRUCK???????
Hey, chill out.

You don't get to act like you have a burr under your saddle and get all hysterical like a woman can. YOU brought David into the mix.

I'd only let Diesel Innovations and no one else, not John Woods nor Brian nor anyone else under the sun, only touch mine for power, speed and reliability as far as who I know on that level.
You don't like ANYTHING negative said about David Lott and you think he knows MORE than anyone out there regarding the 7.3L PSD based on your previous posts. Get over it. He aint the only one that can build a fast 7.3L PSD and he's not the ONLY expert.

But this aint about David or even DI, it's about your attitude when you post regarding Mr. Lott. You don't get to bring David into the mix and then get all funky when someone comments about it in a manner you don't like or approve of so calm down.

Anyway, 'Nuff said...moving on to your original intent before YOU brought in a divergent topic.

I'm not sure I know enough about the TV mechanics to trust any of them, but there is a show, Xtreme 4x4, that's building a half-price Raptor I sure wouldn't mind owning if they ever sold it.

Stewart

Last edited by Stewart_H; 12-05-2012 at 03:16 PM.
Old 12-05-2012, 03:28 PM
Supercab
Lead Driver

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by Shake-N-Bake
The only person I'd let touch my vehicles is Stacey David from Gearz.
Stacey's hair is sprayed on, he is completely bald, and if he doesn't have que cards he is out of luck-just sayin

Old 12-05-2012, 03:43 PM
Tugly
Hotshot
Received 111 Likes on 66 Posts
Who buttered the thread? It just wants to fall on popcorn.

Who has time for TV? I spend too much time here or under the hood lately. I don't even have a TV signal in my house... I didn't know those shows existed. I'll thumb through Hulu or something to get a frame of reference.

Old 12-05-2012, 04:24 PM
PaysonPSD
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Supercab
Stacey's hair is sprayed on, he is completely bald, and if he doesn't have que cards he is out of luck-just sayin
What the hell does bald have to do with it.

Did you not consider that some of the FTE Brotherhood are bald.

Old 12-05-2012, 04:51 PM
Tugly
Hotshot
Received 111 Likes on 66 Posts

Or at least have cul-de-sacs.

I think the silly thing is trying to hide it. It represents insincerity... and can look goofy.

Quick Reply: Trick your ride?