1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Need OT help

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2012, 11:39 AM
DR Smith
Fleet Mechanic
Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
Need OT help

I am restoring a amusement park ride from the early 60s.It is a Thunder Alley Car,That would of run on a paved road ,It had a 5hp briggs.It used a small auto or golf cart rear end with a backing plate attached to the pumpkin and the brake drum bolted to the yoke it used a 1 inch wheel cyl I need the wheel Cylinder.Anyone ever worked on one or know where I might find parts.I have tried matching it up with a old timer at his parts store with no luck.

Old 12-03-2012, 05:33 PM
bobbytnm
Roast em' if you got 'em
Received 3,841 Likes on 1,840 Posts
Wow, sounds like a fun project.

I've never seen that set-up but, instead of trying to find the complete wheel cylinder could you possible scavenge the correct parts out of a wheel cylinder rebuild kit to repair the one you have?

who knows, it might work

Bobby

Old 12-03-2012, 05:44 PM
oldmerc
oldmerc
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have no words of wisdom but almost anything can be repaired /rebuilt with enough tenacity and imagination . Could we please see some pictures .

Old 12-03-2012, 05:50 PM
19fifty4
Postmaster
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Yes, you've opened this can. We gotta have pics!

Old 12-03-2012, 06:59 PM
Carolina 52
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Perhaps EZGO carts could have it in their old parts catalog?

Old 12-03-2012, 07:19 PM
ALBUQ F-1
Fleet Owner
Received 608 Likes on 378 Posts
Old 12-03-2012, 09:41 PM
DR Smith
Fleet Mechanic
First I never learned how to post pictures on this site,Maybe I will have to try.I did find a company in Utah named Arrow,They tell me they made this ride up until 1972,The last time they had requests for parts was 1989.They said the original brake parts are no longer avabile,But they would look for build sheets and other information and send me copy's.I thought that I had found a cyl from a 50s nash or 63 jeep that would work,but after getting it ,no go.I have sent the original cylinder to my brother, that runs a machine shop and he called tonight a said he was able to repair it.I will try to get some pictures up.I want to get it up and running for the next truckstock.In case Docs kids need a new ride.

Old 12-03-2012, 10:05 PM
DR Smith
Fleet Mechanic
Test

Old 12-03-2012, 10:13 PM
Jolly Roger Joe
Lead Driver
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by DR Smith
First I never learned how to post pictures on this site,Maybe I will have to try.
The pics have to be uploaded somewhere on the internet first. Like in your gallery or to Photobucket.

Try this...

Go to http://photobucket.com/ and sign up for a free account. Then create an album for your truck. Upload any pics you want to post on FTE to that album. Have this album open on your computer when you want to post pics on FTE.

While you're making a post on FTE, select the pic you want to post from your Photobucket album. When the large version of the pic is open, right mouse click on it and select "View Image Info". The image info will be highlighted and will look something like this:
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/l...ghtsafter1.jpg

Copy that highlighted info (right click / copy).

When you have the spot in your post where you want the pic to be placed, select the "Insert Image" icon at the top of the post (looks like a mountain) and paste (right click / paste) the image info you copied in the highlighted box (just shows "http://" when it opens).

Your pic will be placed in the post.

Hope that helps.

Old 12-04-2012, 12:45 AM
EffieTrucker
Phantom of the Phorum

Received 859 Likes on 458 Posts
Originally Posted by Carolina 52
Perhaps EZGO carts could have it in their old parts catalog?
I've had three generations of EZGo carts. They are all cable operated brakes.

Cushman maybe?

Old 12-04-2012, 01:48 AM
South of BC
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
First I never learned how to post pictures on this site,Maybe I will have to try.
When you post, there are two options to click on, 'Post Quick Reply' or 'Go Advanced'. Click on 'Go Advanced'. Above where you type you can select fonts, size, bold, center, etc. You will see a smiley face and to the right of it a paper clip. Click on the paper clip. A separate window will pop up. Click on one of the 'Browse' buttons. You can then browse your computer for the picture file you want to upload. You can upload up to five. Then click the 'Upload' button. After a bit of time the files will upload. If they don't they are too large and you will have to make them smaller. If the upload is successful, you can upload another two for a maximum of seven per post. After the pictures are uploaded and you've typed your text hit the 'Submit Reply' button at the bottom of the page. Your reply with the photos will be added. You can then close the window that popped up to add the photos.

Or just follow Joes advice.

Old 12-04-2012, 01:59 AM
South of BC
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Is it like these?

Attached Images   
Old 12-04-2012, 08:57 AM
DR Smith
Fleet Mechanic
Yes my car is like these.I found you have to be a paying member to post,and signed up for three years.Still can't post,and nothing about a tee shirt .I sent a note to mod,vatting to hear back.

Old 12-04-2012, 09:36 AM
Jolly Roger Joe
Lead Driver
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
I found you have to be a paying member to post,and signed up for three years.Still can't post,and nothing about a tee shirt .I sent a note to mod,vatting to hear back.
I posted pictures using the Photobucket method I wrote about earlier for a year before I paid any money to be a member. And I put pics in my first post, so there's no restriction there either. And I have not paid for a 3 year membership yet.

So I don't know where you got any of that information, but it is all wrong.

Old 12-04-2012, 03:35 PM
arctic y block
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Here is some more options. Including Joe's

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76f350spercamprspeal

Welcome to FTE, Best Damn Forum EVER!
------------------------
Here's How to Post Pictures:
1. Login to FTE.
2.Click User CP (In the Top Left Hand Corner)
3.(On the Left, There will be a list, The 5th Option Down, will say "Pictures & Albums) Click That.
4.Then, Click Add Album, Enter a title, and description, if ya want to.
5. Click Upload Pictures, Then click Browse, Locate the Files of your truck. (You can add 3 files at a time)
5. Click Upload.
6. Add a description to the individual pictures, then click save.
7. Add more files if ya want.
8. Click The Picture you want to post, it will give you two codes at the bottom, Right Click The Second one (It say's BB Code, Then Say's [IMG]http:blahblahblah...[/IMG])
Then, Once that is highlighted, Right Click, Then Copy, Then Paste it into your post.
You can add up to 30 Images in one FTE Post.
If, Ya need any help, Don't hesitate to ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_dan

You can also go to the "Garage" tab and start an album right here on FTE. After you post pictures to an album, we can look in your album, but you'll also be able to "insert a picture" by pasting in a link to the picture in your album.

It seems awkward, but whenever you "insert a picture" to one of these threads, the forum is looking for the picture somewhere on the web (which is always available) rather than from somewhere on your hard drive (which isn't always available).

Quote:
Originally Posted By Jolly Roger Joe

Welcome to FTE!

Go to Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket and sign up for a free account. Then create an album for your truck. Upload any pics you want to post on FTE to that album. Have this album open on your computer when you want to post pics on FTE.

While you're making a post on FTE, select the pic you want to post from your Photobucket album. When the large version of the pic is open, right mouse click on it and select "View Image Info". The image info will be highlighted and will look something like this:
The best photos and videos | Photobucket

Copy that highlighted info (right click / copy).

When you have the spot in your post where you want the pic to be placed, select the "Insert Image" icon at the top of the post (looks like a mountain) and paste (right click / paste) the image info you copied in the highlighted box (just shows "http://" when it opens).

Your pic will be placed in the post.

Hope that helps.

Here's a tutorial Bob put together: https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/67...-pictures.html

Quick Reply: Need OT help