1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

I've had a bit of a setback

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2012, 10:25 PM
52 Merc
Hotshot
Received 2,451 Likes on 1,398 Posts
I've had a bit of a setback

I wasn't going to post this and sound like I was whining, but I came to the realization that my FTE brothers may be able to help keep on the lookout for my stolen tools, as they may have been transported to anywhere in the country.

On Oct. 25, my shop was broken into and I was robbed of an extremely large and prominent part of a 35 year tool collection. Several sets of different types of Snap-On wrenches; US standard length, shorty, line/open end combo, offset angle open end, a distributor wrench and a brake bleeder wrench, and a set of metric wrenches, again all Snap-On.

They got all my Snap-On sockets, 1/4 and 3/8 drive shallow, semi-deep and deep, with extensions, ratchets, Torx drive bit set, tap sockets, and a set of Proto 1/2 drive shallow, deep and shallow impacts, as well as other assorted larger loose sockets. They took all of my air tools; sanders, grinders, impacts, air ratchets, paint guns, and about a dozen or so assorted kit bags and boxes with pullers, thread chasers, chisels, you name it. I also lost my Milwaukee 4 1/2" grinder, my Sawzall, and a Makita 1/2 impact drill. 95% of the stuff has my drivers license number engraved on them, beginning with LANG.

I probably still don't know all that's missing, and the list here is just a nutshell to be brief. I've got a 10 page list I gave to the cops. You know the stuff you use all the time, but a week later I'm still remembering something that pops up and makes you say, "ooh, they got that, too." So if anyone happens to see a craigslist post that looks too good to be true, and you see engravings on them, let me know and we can investigate further and call the authorities if necessary.

Thanks,
Wayne

Old 11-03-2012, 10:35 PM
Jolly Roger Joe
Lead Driver
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
Wayne, this is breaking my heart...

You should check with local pawn shops too, just in case they're that stupid.

Old 11-03-2012, 10:38 PM
Fomoko1
Received 1,353 Likes on 1,112 Posts
Wow, I`m sorry to hear happening to you, I would be totally devastated!
Hopefully you get at least some if not all of it back.

Old 11-03-2012, 10:40 PM
Doc
Logistics Pro
Received 128 Likes on 55 Posts
Oh man! I don't know what to say other than that's horrible. We all need to keep our eyes out. Especially the guys near you.

Old 11-03-2012, 10:59 PM
Mervy49
Posting Guru
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I'm really sorry to hear about this, that's a huge loss. I hope it all can be recovered. The thieves must have had a truck and trailer to cart all that off.

Old 11-03-2012, 11:06 PM
Carolina 52
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry to hear this Wayne
I will bet they are now for sale on someon's flea market table. Criminals know the officers check serial numbers on all pawn items well that is if the, "honest" pawn owners give them the accurate list of serial numbers, however flea markets are never checked.

Old 11-03-2012, 11:25 PM
ALBUQ F-1
Fleet Owner
Received 610 Likes on 379 Posts
Without knowing your entire situation, I hate to say it but it is likely to have been arranged by someone who has seen your tools, or by someone they mentioned it to. It sounds like a pretty professional, targeted hit. I'll be very interested to hear how insurance deals with you on this. I've taken pictures and even videos of all my stuff pretty regularly, but money couldn't replace some of them.

Old 11-03-2012, 11:34 PM
fixnair
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I feel your pain Three years ago they broke into my truck and got all my air tools, measuring tools, hand tools and pullers. Kept looking for them 'till about a year ago then gave up. I didn't have insurance on them but my church covered the loss. Great to be part of a church family.

Sorry Wayne. I hope you can recover from this loss.

Old 11-04-2012, 12:00 AM
underthebridgejim
FTE fan
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
I dont have the words, Im sory just dont do it. I wouldnt be surprised if it was a desperat dope feind. The pawn shop is a great sugestion, you might also put the word out to other shops in the area. If it was a dope thing they may try and sell em to another mechanic, in wich case hopefully the other mechanic will feel your pain and give you a call. Ive spent along time trying to repay people where possible, and make right the bad things I did when I was useing drugs. I never took another mans livelyhood like that, but I was still a scum bag and I still feel guilt and remorse when I hear about somone elses victim. Wayne I am so sorry this has happend to such a good person. If there is anything I can do (from here), like calling the other shops in your town asking about your tools, pleas PM me Id be glad to help.

Old 11-04-2012, 03:04 AM
Leroy_J
Freshman User
That sucks so bad man. I have a lot of tools I have collected over the years. Quite a few duplicates of things. If there is any specific tools you need , shoot me a pm , and I would be glad to give them to you free of charge if I have it. Lmk. And sorry that happened. I would be devastated.

Old 11-04-2012, 06:19 AM
raytasch
Believe Nothing

Received 245 Likes on 154 Posts
That is lower than low. Sorry to hear this.

Old 11-04-2012, 07:06 AM
4tl8ford
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Try running a Craigslist ad - "Stolen Tools ----" for the CL listings in your area (There can be multiple listings with a hundred miles or so)

Old 11-04-2012, 07:13 AM
3golfjack
Laughing Gas

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Stuff like this really make's me made. I know here in the Memphis area every day I drive to and from work I see cop after cop out writing speeding tickets. But yet every day you see a murder on the news. My mom died about a year ago I got her house sold and a couple of months ago and before the people who purchased it could move in someone came along and stole the copper. The police said there's not much they could do. I guess patrolling neighborhoods and protecting people personal property isn't profitable.

Old 11-04-2012, 07:33 AM
GreatNorthWoods
Lead Driver
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Sorry for your loss. My house was burglarized a couple of times and I had a car stolen when I lived in Florida so I know how you feel...

Old 11-04-2012, 08:22 AM
carnut122
Posting Guru
Man, that stinks! I hope you get your tools back, and the scum-bag goes to jail.

Quick Reply: I've had a bit of a setback