1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

53-56 Panel Rear Door

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2012, 01:32 PM
Wnbasac
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Now we're talking!

56ford - your color choice is outstanding and your mod's are spot on!

Ax racer - I took a peek inside your album and I can see you have your groove on! I didn't see a pic of the rear doors, what's going on there?

If anyone has a panel album with stock or mod builds or proud pic's list the link please. It's to much to use the search feature if you don't get the wording right or specific

Hey does anyone post pic's of runs,meets,shows or cruising with f-100's

It's ok to say the F word

Lou

Old 11-04-2012, 01:46 PM
AXracer
Hotshot
Received 53 Likes on 34 Posts
I never said I changed my doors, I just said if I was to go with a single door I'd prefer it hinged on the side rather than the top, like a hearse . My doors are rust free and I have chromed swing out lock arms at the tops, so I'm leaving them alone. The only issue I had was a broken hinge mount that I documented the repair.

Old 11-04-2012, 09:05 PM
Wnbasac
New User
Dude relax my bad!

i just saw a pic with your door open and was wondering thats all? I like it all no wrong or right, no rime or reason and no bad because it's all GOOD!

All in all great work and great pic's! I'll try to pay a little better attention next time

Hey guy's i think your great and you all got a GOOD thing going here and I'm the odd man out so I'm going to leave you guys get back to normal but I'll check back once and awhile just to snoop! I had a GREAT time and tks for having me.

C-Ya lou

Its ok to say the F word
..........F-100

Old 11-05-2012, 12:07 AM
AXracer
Hotshot
Received 53 Likes on 34 Posts
I am relaxed, if you think otherwise I don't know what to say. I'm actually a pretty friendly, laid back type of guy, so please try to read my posts without adding attitude that isn't there. It's hard to impart the intended emotion to written words, so they are subject to the reader's interpretation.
There is nothing personal intended, you and everyone else are more than welcome around here.

Old 07-18-2013, 03:25 PM
bjmayberry2
Lead Driver
Received 545 Likes on 351 Posts
Originally Posted by CharlieLed
I decided to start a new thread on this topic after reading/posting on https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...door-56-a.html
I have been speaking with a few fellow club members about a single rear door for 53-56 panels just to see how much interest there was in such a product. Some folks have good doors but would like to have a top-hinged single door. Some folks have rusted doors and just want something to replace them. Some like the idea of having a more custom look...that is, no window and a smooth 1-piece look.

I have the means to produce a 1-piece rear door assembly constructed of vacuum infused carbon fiber and epoxy resin...this means no shrinkage and none of the problems associated with fiberglass. The door would be reinforced at the mounting points and be filled with structural foam to add strength and further reduce weight. The production costs are high, even after the molds are fabricated, but I feel that the end product would be worth the cost.

Here is the question I would pose to my fellow FTEers: if you could buy a 1-piece rear door for a panel, that is configured the way you want it, would you be willing to spend $1,000 or more for it?
Soo this thread sorta wondered. Are you still thinking about the fiberglass one piece door? I'd vote for the one piece glass version. I really hate to mess up two doors that are good with bad hinges to make a lift gate one piece. Besides I see there is a pair of Barn doors on Ebay outta New York for $1,000.

Old 07-20-2013, 06:53 AM
Jim 54 panel
Junior User
Patch panels?

I'd be happy if there were replacement hinges and some patch panels available. The outer skin should not be too bad to fabricate, but the inner, which is where I have some serious metal missing, could take a bit of skill.

Old 07-20-2013, 10:29 AM
CharlieLed
Lead Driver
Received 467 Likes on 303 Posts
This topic became OBE after awhile and I moved on to other projects. I am building tailight lenses right now for 41 Studebakers but that is a small job and I will be moving on from that soon. The guy in our club that has the panel (the one I was going to use to make the 1-piece door) had a minor accident with it. Luckily it was at the driver's door and wasn't in the rear but it did put the truck out of commission for a time. I think that he has the truck back now but I will have to check to be sure.

I work with the folks at Midfifty on various projects from time to time...I hadn't thought about it until now but maybe they would be interested in selling this door. That could justify the expense of casting the molds.

Old 07-21-2013, 03:58 PM
1oldtimer
Elder User
Originally Posted by Wnbasac
If anyone has a panel album with stock or mod builds or proud pic's list the link please. It's to much to use the search feature if you don't get the wording right or specific
Lou
Just a few small mods to get my panel back on the road.
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...-recovery.html