Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to the Bronco Today?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2016, 08:45 PM
broncoprincess
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got the bed for Baby Princess delivered!!! YEAH!!!! Started her today!! Sounds great! I missed her.

Old 04-19-2016, 01:39 AM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by broncoprincess
Thanks for the tips!!! You ROCK!! I greatly appreciate the help. So few people are helpful nowadays.
There are actually a lot of helpful people but sometimes they are hard to find. And sometimes, they get on your case for asking simple questions. It happens.

Nothing to my 78 today but I am looking at selling the F150 and getting the bronco a new little friend!

Old 04-20-2016, 08:40 PM
Greedyb
New User
Something simple.....or so I thought

Tried to install the Locksmart ignition cylinder. Seemed like a simple enough task. Popped the old one out just fine but now I can't get the new one to seat properly. Didn't help that these little brass rods and springs fell out when I tried to put it in. Had to pull the part that holds the key out to reinsert them. Not sure if I have the new key in the proper position. Took a break before I got pissed off and broke something. Retried after a nice meal and some time to settle down. No dice. I'll have someone that's done this before give it a shot. I'm good at turning two minute jobs into two day projects. In the meantime I cleaned the drivers side interior and center console. Ran out of light and cleaning wipes or I would have kept going. It's getting there. Felt it the whole time though. Was rear-ended in my Mustang a couple of weeks ago and still pretty sore.

Old 04-22-2016, 12:26 PM
masseysbronco
Posting Guru
Got a little more done in my interior redesign project. I'll probably do a full write up later when its complete. I have made significant electrical and technology upgrades, new leather seat covers, carpet, etc.

Old 04-22-2016, 10:26 PM
Bruners4
Elder User
Well today was a great day for me and the Bronco! Finally got all of the paperwork lined up. Headed to the DMV and now it is officially mine! It's plated and insured now!! I just can't wait to get to drive it!!
Masseybronco: I need to fix the leather on my driver's seat. Did you get covers from Replacement Leather Seat Covers for Cars & Trucks - Richmond Auto Upholstery ?

Old 04-23-2016, 06:35 AM
masseysbronco
Posting Guru
I'm waiting for them to arrive, but yeah I ordered the top and bottom covers for both for seats. I didn't get new covers for the arm rests, because mine are fine, and they don't seem to offer a cover for the back seat (that I could see).

Old 04-23-2016, 09:26 PM
MadMatt65
Senior User
Put this on the wrong thread, (sorry), but I'll re-post it here!

Went to the dealership this AM (for my wife's car) and visited my Bronco.........still waiting got be worked on! Told them about the upper starter bolt being filled and re-drilled and tapped to high. The upper starter bolt won't go through the motor plate! I figured since it's there.....it's their baby!
I guess they're going to do a recall on it too. Cruise control plug or something that can cause a fire. (Let's hope that doesn't happen!)

Old 04-25-2016, 08:54 PM
Bruners4
Elder User
CEL was on pointing to MAF. Cleaned it, installed K&N filter and 460 air intake tube. Put in some fuel injector cleaner in the tank. Just need to drive it to see if that takes care of it.

Old 04-26-2016, 04:48 PM
Toyman
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts
Moved him to the back of the garage. Need to drop the trans pan and swap in a bigger aluminum one, also going to drop the oil pan and fix the leaky rear main seal.

Just need to get the trees cut up and the golf cart back together for a guy before I can tackle the bronco stuff.

Old 04-26-2016, 04:52 PM
Zip
FTE Legend
Received 166 Likes on 105 Posts
Drove it that's it.

Old 04-27-2016, 08:07 PM
Bruners4
Elder User
Picked up the Bronco after getting a new Viper remote start system installed. Found out that the Viper system that was in there was dated 1995. So it must have been installed when it was new! It was still working but I just didn't trust it as I didn't know it's full function set. And it looked like some of the alarm switches were not functioning. This new system has a lot of things that it can do.

Old 04-28-2016, 09:50 AM
broncoprincess
Junior User
Yesterday received new pictures of Baby Princess being stripped. Very hard to look at, but it will all be worth it in the end. Today they are cutting off the old bed and replacing the new bed. They say she should be done in mid May, but I know that it will take longer than their estimate. I really miss her. Worried about if she will be the same since just about everything but the frame is being replaced. Just want the trauma to end!!

Old 04-28-2016, 12:32 PM
ManfredVonRichtofen
Postmaster
Originally Posted by broncoprincess
Yesterday received new pictures of Baby Princess being stripped. Very hard to look at, but it will all be worth it in the end. Today they are cutting off the old bed and replacing the new bed. They say she should be done in mid May, but I know that it will take longer than their estimate. I really miss her. Worried about if she will be the same since just about everything but the frame is being replaced. Just want the trauma to end!!
I waited bout 2 yrs for mine. Just got it home. Needs some tuning. Will hopefully drive it today to finish breaking in the new gears.

Youll be happy when its done

Old 04-28-2016, 08:47 PM
FourXFord2
Elder User
Got my new ARB locker for the front of the '91. Probably won't get it installed yet, '78 needs brakes fixed and the wipers working again.

Old 04-29-2016, 09:34 AM
broncoprincess
Junior User
Originally Posted by ManfredVonRichtofen
I waited bout 2 yrs for mine. Just got it home. Needs some tuning. Will hopefully drive it today to finish breaking in the new gears.

Youll be happy when its done
Congrats on getting yours home!!! Was it what you expected?

Just worried she won't herself after getting almost a whole new body. She may not look like the picture I have had in my head of her after either. Just really miss seeing her.

Quick Reply: What did you do to the Bronco Today?