6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

This is prolly a 1 page thread at most

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2014, 09:34 AM
Sgt93
Postmaster
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Good morning all.

Dak, the iPhone 6 KeyNote (conference) is Sept 9 if you can hold out for it. If you have an apple store nearby, they can replace the glass for you, or if you have apple care (make sure you get it next if not) they will replace two phones in two years for whatever reason for $49. I always get it and use it as I'm rough on my phones. Apple care will also send phones to remote areas if no apple store is nearby. $99 well spent for the apple care.

Old 08-18-2014, 10:08 AM
92F350CC
Fleet Mechanic
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
My personal choice is android, as I won't touch anything from Apple.

But, If you're not technologically inclined, you might be better to stick with what you know

Sent from my Nexus 4 using IB AutoGroup

Old 08-18-2014, 11:12 AM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 4,001 Likes on 1,601 Posts
Originally Posted by Iowa Ford
Roy , it might feel like Saturday to you at 5am, but it's Moanday here!! ROR
Farmers almost never get a Saturday.........
The work never stops.........

I worked on a Dairy farm during the summers in northern Vermont as a kid in the early to mid 60's......

Old 08-18-2014, 11:14 AM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 4,001 Likes on 1,601 Posts
Originally Posted by Tim Young

Thanks for the help Roy, I read this to Maria she smiled and said she knows how to use it to.
Anything I can do to help out a Friend..................

Old 08-18-2014, 11:33 AM
PlayersZ28
Cargo Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 720Deere
I personally believe that Apple has some great technology, but they are real a-holes when it comes to industry standardization.

Again all of my points are personal preference. When the company bought all new phones, I had my choice and my preference to stay android was based on my hatred of Apple business practices, not the phone itself.
I have used iPhones for a long time. They just "work" with no issues. I like Android as an OS but not all the crap that various manufacturers load on top of it. My Nexus 4 is just pure KitKat.

Not sure why you'd expect a manufacturer to use some kind of standards of software or something. I don't see Ford installing Duramax engines in trucks. Differentiation is a competitive advantage if you can make it work.

Not sure what business practices you would hate either, unless its also the closed system.

Old 08-18-2014, 11:52 AM
720Deere
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Everybody else in this world plays together. USB cables are virtually universal these days. Apple is so proprietary that even if you plug an iPod/Phone cable into a wall adapter from another manufacturer, it will not work most of the time. How is this user friendly? How can you not think they are greedy *******s when they totally switch their connection and literally screw millions of loyal customers in the process? Yeah you can get an adapter, but it doesn't work worth a crap with a docking station. Oops, I guess we didn't even think that millions of people would be spending millions of dollars on new accessories when we "upgraded" our connector!

I have no beef with their operating system and never mentioned anything about their software. What I am talking about can in no way be compared to Ford using Duramax engines, but since you brought it up, at least Powerstroke, Duramax and Cummins engines all use the same motor oil, washer fluid, DEF and brake fluid. I would hate to see how much Apple brake fluid costs! LOL

By the way, I agree 100% with the phone manufacturers polluting the Android OS. My last phone was a Casio Commando (not by choice) and it was the most *******ized Android setup I have ever seen. I had a Razr and it wasn't too bad. Samsung didn't go overboard, but they took more liberties than I would like.

Old 08-18-2014, 12:15 PM
PlayersZ28
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by 720Deere
Everybody else in this world plays together. USB cables are virtually universal these days. Apple is so proprietary that even if you plug an iPod/Phone cable into a wall adapter from another manufacturer, it will not work most of the time. How is this user friendly? How can you not think they are greedy *******s when they totally switch their connection and literally screw millions of loyal customers in the process? Yeah you can get an adapter, but it doesn't work worth a crap with a docking station. Oops, I guess we didn't even think that millions of people would be spending millions of dollars on new accessories when we "upgraded" our connector!

I have no beef with their operating system and never mentioned anything about their software. What I am talking about can in no way be compared to Ford using Duramax engines, but since you brought it up, at least Powerstroke, Duramax and Cummins engines all use the same motor oil, washer fluid, DEF and brake fluid. I would hate to see how much Apple brake fluid costs! LOL

By the way, I agree 100% with the phone manufacturers polluting the Android OS. My last phone was a Casio Commando (not by choice) and it was the most *******ized Android setup I have ever seen. I had a Razr and it wasn't too bad. Samsung didn't go overboard, but they took more liberties than I would like.
I agree that the lightning connector orphaned all the old docks but some changes need to be made for the sake of the technology and packaging. Not saying I like everything Apple does but I like iOS better than Android so I have to use their hardware. My iPhone charges just fine using any other USB wall wart, my iPads need a higher output one than the phones though.

Old 08-18-2014, 12:20 PM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
Received 7,086 Likes on 2,220 Posts
My S5 is the first non-rooted stock phone I've had. It's been different, but so far, less stressful.

Old 08-18-2014, 12:36 PM
Sgt93
Postmaster
I'm "technology inclined" and prefer apple. I also won't bash other brands as they all have their perks, and I'm an adult; I believe we all are.

When I had to do programming, I would do it on a Mac whenever possible. I bought a ThinkPad for doing VB, and it's the only time I use it.

It's all personal preference people. GMC, Ford, Apple, Microsoft. They all have their pluses and minuses. You just have to decide what you want.

Have a great day!

Old 08-18-2014, 12:38 PM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
Received 7,086 Likes on 2,220 Posts
Originally Posted by Sgt93
I'm "technology inclined" and prefer apple. I also won't bash other brands as they all have their perks, and I'm an adult; I believe we all are.

When I had to do programming, I would do it on a Mac whenever possible. I bought a ThinkPad for doing VB, and it's the only time I use it.

It's all personal preference people. GMC, Ford, Apple, Microsoft. They all have their pluses and minuses. You just have to decide what you want.

Have a great day!
This is all good as long as you agree with me...ROFL. Not at you Steve, but a lot of my friends that drink whatever brand of koolaid is their favorite at the time

Old 08-18-2014, 12:41 PM
Sgt93
Postmaster
I hear you Andre. I don't think there is a perfect product out there, but we have to get what appeases us the most.

Old 08-18-2014, 12:47 PM
TRENT310
Posting Guru
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I'm a die-hard fan of the batwings, but Motorola (Solutions) does use a lot of proprietary technology in their products. They feel it gives them an advantage that the competition does not offer.

The thing is, electronics manufacturers sell and support their products as part of a complete system. Really, it holds true with vehicles, heavy machinery, anything. They are certified, UL listed, CSA approved, FM approved as part of a system and if you substitute components with potentially low-quality pieces, product performance may be degraded.

You'll see this with laptop docking stations, often every time they release a new model the connector and form factor change so you have to buy a new dock with the new laptop. They would not be able to support new I/O standards such as, say, USB 3.0 or Thunderbolt or DisplayPort without changing the connector pinout and signalling. I would rather they do that, than release a docking station with legacy connectors only just so they could keep it compatible with the older setup - I've lost functionality in that case!

USB is great and abundant, but USB is a compromise as well. For inline power, the spec dictates a maximum current of 0.5A at 5VDC even though you'll see many power supplies and devices pull upwards of 0.7 to 1.5A over that same connector. Higher performance devices are bottlenecked by that current limitation and it shows by slower battery recharge or reduced device performance as it slows down clock speed to reduce power consumption.
It's like hearing people lament about the Microsoft Surface for not being able to charge over USB... well there just isn't enough power (W) available in the USB spec and the connector is not rated to carry such power. Especially those tiny pins on a Micro USB connector. If they had to design the device around being able to charge off industry standard USB, it would be significantly less capable than it is. How many times have you guys encountered a device or cable with a broken off Micro USB socket or connector? It's not the strongest mechanical connection either...

Same with vehicle cigarette lighter power plugs... that connector was never ever designed to carry the types of accessory loads that people plug into them these days... it's a very poor connector from an electrical standpoint, but we still put them in brand new cars today because consumers would be up in arms if we changed them to say Anderson PowerPole connectors or Neutrik PowerCons even though those are relatively technically superior connectors for current carrying and connector mechanical retention and in the case of the PowerCon, rated for current interrupting as well. But you see people running 500W+ power inverters on vehicle lighter/accessory plugs, and wonder why the lighter plug end melted after a few hours of continuous use...

Vehicle light trailer wiring: connectors have changed over the years, and we couldn't stick with the 4-pin because it didn't offer unswitched power or electric braking support or the current rating on those pins, thus the increasing use of 7-pin trailer connectors on towing and towed vehicles. Many automakers still offer both, but some (GM) have dropped the 4-pin entirely.

Standards are great, but there are so many to choose from!

Old 08-18-2014, 12:54 PM
PlayersZ28
Cargo Master

Have a great day!
I agree, use what suits your needs/budget and works for what you do. I have windoze & Mac systems here, Android & Apple phones, Ford, Chev, Dodge & VW vehicles.

Another VB programmer eh? I used to do contract work with VB, programmed with it since VB1 beta.

Old 08-18-2014, 12:55 PM
RigTrash601
Postmaster
Good morning all.

Dak, the iPhone 6 KeyNote (conference) is Sept 9 if you can hold out for it. If you have an apple store nearby, they can replace the glass for you, or if you have apple care (make sure you get it next if not) they will replace two phones in two years for whatever reason for $49. I always get it and use it as I'm rough on my phones. Apple care will also send phones to remote areas if no apple store is nearby. $99 well spent for the apple care.

You can purchase an iPhone repair kit for about $45.00 and DIY. It's tedious little parts, but it's straight forward and fairly easy to do.

Old 08-18-2014, 02:46 PM
Sgt93
Postmaster
Originally Posted by PlayersZ28
I agree, use what suits your needs/budget and works for what you do. I have windoze & Mac systems here, Android & Apple phones, Ford, Chev, Dodge & VW vehicles.

Another VB programmer eh? I used to do contract work with VB, programmed with it since VB1 beta.
I had to do a little bit of everything for my Bachelor's in IT/BIS. I can't stand programming though. Programmers do not get paid enough; that I know.

Originally Posted by RigTrash601
You can purchase an iPhone repair kit for about $45.00 and DIY. It's tedious little parts, but it's straight forward and fairly easy to do.
Well, there you go Dak if you need a quick fix.

Quick Reply: This is prolly a 1 page thread at most