Mississippi Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: Scndsin

September Step-Down Step-Up BS

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2012, 05:26 AM
Scndsin
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 760 Likes on 542 Posts
September Step-Down Step-Up BS

Issac churns north & dissipates leaving most of us soggy. A lot of us tired but thankful.

We're hitting the road this AM for the Florida Big Bend/Forgotten Coast. Hope the high surf has provided good "shelling" & that will be the high point for our week of doing as little as possible.

Hope everyone has a good Labor Day weekend & stays safe.

Old 09-01-2012, 06:26 AM
shorebird
Hotshot
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
You and Terri have a good trip David.

I've got a flood car sitting in my driveway here at the house that I need to take to the shop yard.
I picked it up late yesterday and as home was closer than the shop that's where it ended the day.
If I had taken it to the shop after I picked it up I would not have made it home until after 11:30pm. (See link below)
As it was I got to spend all of 40 or 50 minutes at home yesterday evening.

I spent that time preparing the first part of this post; Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums - View Single Post - The Birds Nest

I had to finish it the next day, (today) which you will understand when you read it.

OK it's time to awaken the neighbors and break out the lawn mower.

You know I didn't know I was such a bad person but as they say; "No rest for the wicked".

Old 09-01-2012, 10:10 AM
redwood
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable labor day weekend....

Old 09-01-2012, 09:02 PM
KOESTNER
FTE Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Good evening Mississippi! We've got Isaac here in Illinois today and tonight, he's drying out, so far we picked up about 3". It isn't enough to take care of our deficit for the year but any amount helps. Everyone have a great Labor Day Weekend.

Old 09-01-2012, 09:37 PM
f1504x4driver
Proud Pirate
Received 77 Likes on 58 Posts
I am glad everyone made it through Isaac without major problems. I for one am hoping for a few rain free days now. Spent the last two days working on the A/C in my wife's Taurus. I am either going to fix it tomorrow or drive it to Gulfport and sink it in the gulf. Hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable holiday.

Old 09-02-2012, 04:08 PM
shorebird
Hotshot
Death toll in Hancock county in thousands.
Tremendous loss of life due to Hurricane Isaac.
15,000+ dead bodies found so far.
Thousands more expected to be found

Isaac dumps thousands of dead nutria on beaches - WLOX.com - The News for South Mississippi

Video Landing Page - WLOX.com - The News for South Mississippi

Posted: Aug 31, 2012 9:32 PM CDT Updated: Sep 01, 2012 2:40 PM CDT
By Al Showers - bioemail
Video Gallery
Hancock Co. officials deal with thousands of dead swamp rats

Isaac dumps thousands of dead nutria on beaches

HANCOCK COUNTY, MS (WLOX) -

Hancock County officials are scrambling to deal with thousands of dead nutria that washed ashore on beaches during Hurricane Isaac.

The dead swamp rats have started to stink and officials say that could cause a health and environmental hazard to people.

"They're in the tide and just floating in and they're probably going to continue coming in over the next several days," said Waveland Mayor David Garcia. "There's no telling how many thousands we're going to have."

Officials with the Department of Environmental Quality say so far they've counted more than 5,000 dead nutria rats on Hancock County beaches, but they say that number could top 10,000 before they all finish washing ashore.

You may recall Hancock County faced a similar Nutria problem after Hurricane Gustav.

"If you're out here, it's a terrible smell," Garcia said. "As this heat continues, they're just going to blow up and pop, making it even more of a health hazard."

County leaders have asked MEMA for help. They are hoping state officials will hire crews and pay for removal and disposal. If that doesn't happen, officials will have to contract out the job themselves.

"Either way, we've got a time frame that we need to get out there and get it taken care of," said Hancock County Road Manager Bill Johnson. "Regular debris can sit out there for a little while until we take care of it. Because it's such a large quantity of carcasses that need to be cleaned up immediately, we've got a short window here. They just get to the point where they are unbearable."

A decision on whether MEMA will fund the clean-up operation is expected Saturday morning.

The Hancock County Emergency Management Agency says they have closed Beach Boulevard from Lakeshore Road through Bay St. Louis and Waveland while officials try to clean up some 15,000+ nutria that washed up on the beach there.

Old 09-02-2012, 05:17 PM
Scndsin
FTE Chapter Leader

No nutria here.

Some fast browning seaweed, but no dead swamp rats...

Attached Images  
Old 09-02-2012, 10:08 PM
shorebird
Hotshot
If you remember my post from last months thread; Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums - View Single Post - Awww Gus, Its August Again...
I lost some functions in my cell phone due to water damage.

C-Spire (my provider) only offered me a full cost replacement at $400.00 plus $5.00 to activate the new phone.

Well I looked all over the internet for a replacement.
I found an auction on E-bay for the identical phone, new in box.
The auction ended 15 minutes ago.

I WON.

I got the phone for ½ of what C-Spire wanted.
As I am a registered Pay-Pal user I have the option of the "Bill Me Later" 6 months no interest program.
C-Spire wanted it paid in full.

Now I await the package which is due in the next week or so.

Old 09-03-2012, 06:13 PM
gatormccluskey
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello Mississippi. Bryan >> Glad you got the phone deal worked out. David >> Kiss my butt.LOL. Hancock County wants me to look at removing the rats. I have never turned down County or MDOT work. Guess what >> Hell no !! Not that hungry yet. Its been a hell of a week. Not alot of debris, mostly washed out roads. We had to take our big wheel loader and haul some folks (two dogs) out. Glad its over. Where is Knothole ? I have not heard from him in awhile.

Old 09-03-2012, 06:38 PM
shorebird
Hotshot
National Guard truck drives underwater after Hurricane Irene

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.thatvideosite.com/e/3875" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Old 09-05-2012, 07:03 AM
Scndsin
FTE Chapter Leader

Morning all. According to NOAA, there,s a low pressure system sitting on top of the Panhandle about 100 miles west of us that has a medium chance of turning into a tropical storm... Weather Channel says it's made up of pieces Isaac.

Old 09-06-2012, 05:15 AM
shorebird
Hotshot
The ghost of Isaac is lingering in the Gulf.

It dumped several inches of rain on the Southeastern portion of the state.
That resulted in flooding where the there had been none when it made its' pass Northward a week ago.

Old 09-06-2012, 06:59 AM
Scndsin
FTE Chapter Leader

Yesterday Terri & I went up to a little place tucked back in the woods called "Sopchoppy". There's a potter up there we go visit & pick up a few pieces of his work when we come down & a nice little restaurant that is first rate. There is also a lady there who makes her own soaps, lotions, & botanicals that Terri fell in love with on a previous visit when she found them in another local shop. So we went to her local "factory/shop".

Long story short, parked in front was a 97 250 Powerstroke with mags & bucket seats that belonged to her husband...

He & his son-in-law are dyed in the wool Ford people so I introduced him to FTE. Dad has a 47 too & son-in-law is working on a classic project over late model chassis as well.

I gotta' start carrying cards.

Old 09-06-2012, 08:55 PM
Knothole
Senior User
Knothole here and thanks for missing me. As can be understood, downed trees produces logs and logs need sawing. This ole butt has been dragging. I should finish up here next week and then move the sawmill to Greenville for a few days.

The rest of this week though, I will be bushhogging. You know, stuff still has to be done.

Old 09-08-2012, 08:54 AM
gatormccluskey
Posting Guru
Good morning Mississippi. Knot >> Its good to hear from you. I would like to meet you and family at CTC. Bryan >> I see in the news paper Long Beach is having a Grill School today. I need to go, I cant cook on a stove or a grill. David / Terri >> Hope yall are having a good time. Steve >> Cant wait to see you at CTC. It will be great to put a face with the name. I am trying to get the Mayor of Biloxi to bring his old FORD. I am working with a donor to sponsor our event next year. We are also talking to a donor to furnish us five hotel rooms for next year. We will give a room out for the most posts in the year. A room for "Who signed up the most new members". A room for "Best project". We have a lot of ideas that will come in to play next year, with FTE and Davids blessings, I hope. This year is a test run to see what kind of turn out we have. I have been giving out spotters cards / invatation to CTC, like I am running for some kind of public office.

Quick Reply: September Step-Down Step-Up BS