1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Cancer is Winning

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2012, 10:45 PM
Chicago Fire Patrol
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Paul, good luck in your fight!!

God Bless

Keith

Old 07-19-2012, 01:08 AM
Mervy49
Posting Guru
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Hi Paul, I also concur with all of our friends on here, please don't give up. My prayers go out for you. I suffered a massive heart attack a short while ago and nearly didn't survive it but I am back now and I feel better than I had for years. I am praying that it will be the same for you, getting better and stronger. Hang in there. BTW you have a gorgeous truck.......Mervy49

Old 07-19-2012, 05:03 AM
1949f1
Fleet Mechanic
Received 373 Likes on 160 Posts
i have read every post and i don't reply to much on stuff i read but, i lost my father to this terrible disease. his two brothers ( my uncles ) both have prostate cancer and i have just been checked and waiting on the result. i am 51. i wish you all the very best and i will keep you in my daily prayers. we don't live close but if i can do anything i will. keep up the fight.

Old 07-19-2012, 10:17 AM
gsato55
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You are in our prayers. My wife has gone through two bouts with cancer and rescently with a bone marrow transplant. She was given a 40 percent chance but has been in total remission for almost a year. Don't ever give up hope. With all of us praying for you, a miracle is bound to happen. Very nice truck!

Old 07-19-2012, 11:11 AM
wallster
Elder User
Paul,
I've read every post in this thread a few times and I haven't responded because I just don't know what I could say that would help your situation. But after I thought about it I realized that nobody, (no matter their circumstances), knows for certain when their time is up. We all know the time will arrive, but we really never know until it actually happens. Like many others have written, just keep fighting! Take one day at a time, think positive, enjoy life, and do it all over again the following day. I hope you stay strong and my thoughts are with you. As far as your truck is concerned, she's one of the things in your life that you enjoy so you should keep her.

Good luck, if there's anything we can do to help just let us know.

Wally

1951 F1 - "Lucille"

Old 07-19-2012, 11:31 AM
underthebridgejim
FTE fan
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Paul my friend, after we spoke after your anurism i thought you were on the mend. This new news just breaks my heart, It goes without saying that I will be praying for you, your wonderful wife, and family. I have seen God answer prayer and heal the sick where ther was no hope SEVERAL times and i hope this is going to be another one of those times. God bless .

Old 07-19-2012, 03:01 PM
arctic y block
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I no not what to say that others already haven't said. I'll be praying for you. This little pic's sometimes gives me a little laugh and inspiration. Other than Prayer it's all I got right now Paul.

Attached Images  
Old 07-19-2012, 09:56 PM
SCRAPHEAP51
Senior User
Sorry to hear of your situation, we will keep you in our prayers. Beautiful truck by the way.

Old 07-20-2012, 12:55 PM
james G. phillips
Tuned
Paul, I too am rooting for your recovery. And what a great video of you on your first ride in your 56! No matter what comes we will always remember you on here. I would like to call you soon if you still have the same phone number.

Old 07-21-2012, 04:24 AM
POS-F500
Senior User
I'd like to know what else this truck needs so you can enjoy it. Just ain't right to have built such a gorgeous truck and not get some smiles per gallon.
How about a list? Don't be bashful.

Old 08-09-2012, 03:55 AM
Skip1970
Hotshot
Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts
you sell it yet? how you been doing?

Old 08-09-2012, 04:04 AM
POS-F500
Senior User
Back to my question... what do we need to get done on your truck so you can drive it?

Old 08-09-2012, 07:10 AM
19fifty4
Postmaster
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Paul, you continue to be on my mind and in my prayers. Hang in there.

Old 08-09-2012, 09:27 AM
ImSoQuazy
Senior User
Originally Posted by POS-F500
I'd like to know what else this truck needs so you can enjoy it. Just ain't right to have built such a gorgeous truck and not get some smiles per gallon.
How about a list? Don't be bashful.
Please forgive me for the delay in reply.
I haven't been near the truck (other than to walk by it on my way to sessions)... so it's difficult jogging my memory but here I go...

I know that it requires the knowledge and expertise of someone who can figure out why it seems to shut off while running - as if it was starving for fuel.
Suggestions given were:
Fuel pump - it's new
Fuel line - have not checked
Gas tank - was cleaned
Gas cap - needs new one
So the main (important) stuff is for the engine to run smoothly.
The other little stuff is cosmetics:
Hood emblems need cleaned and installed
Door handles need cleaned and installed
Door glass should be checked for proper up & down
And to the best of my knowledge, that's pretty much it (besides the new wheels & tires I would like to purchase) but that too can wait until the engine runs like it should.
Just for knowledge these are the items that are NOT stock on the 351W engine: These parts and their specs can be seen on the Summit site.
CCA-35-600-4 351W CAMSHAFT
SUM-226036 INTAKE MANIFOLD
SUM-M08600VS CARB 600 CFM ELE CHOKE
All else is stock.
Just yesterday my wife and I were discussing the fate of the truck. She refuses to let it go - she'd rather bury me in it, if it were possible. I think she has strong feelings for it. But we are concern that if something as you suggest were to be put in motion, we wouldn't have the proper accommodations for a crew of more than one (there's only one spare bedroom with a full size confy bed). Then we discussed the inconvenience of living in a small town where nothing is available after 1:00pm on Saturdays, the town shuts down until Monday again.
Anyway, thank you so much for your suggestion... I think it's an awesome one but I'm not certain how to put it in play.
I'm off to my 3rd round of chemo... Nasty ***** - I'll be down and out for the next 3 to 5 days. But will make every effort to check with you.
Thank you all for the prayers - please at the risk of sounding greedy - keep them coming!
Paul

Old 08-09-2012, 09:58 AM
raytasch
Believe Nothing

Received 245 Likes on 154 Posts
Originally Posted by ImSoQuazy
P

Just yesterday my wife and I were discussing the fate of the truck. She refuses to let it go - ------- .

Thank you all for the prayers - please at the risk of sounding greedy - keep them coming!
Paul
Paul, I would strongly suspect that your wife knows what good therapy that truck is for you. Stay strong, keep faith, prayers sent.

Quick Reply: Cancer is Winning