1967 - 1972 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Bumpsides Ford Truck

Fast N Loud

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2012, 06:33 AM
1968 F100 Ranger
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They showed the shop truck more during last nights episode. Wonder how they lowered it? It sits pretty low. Do you think its just dropped beams and a decent wheel/tire combo? Its not slammed but it looks good...

Old 09-04-2012, 06:49 AM
willowbilly3
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by TEXRODDER
WOW it amazes me how many experts are on these forums, seems the old saying is true," opinions are like *********s everybody has one and they all stink",.
These guys are good friends of mine and I've yet to see the same quality of work on the builds I've seen here as they are capable of.
Richard is a character but that's why the show is still filming more episodes, and the builds keep going, KC Aaron and the rest are busy building hot rods while all you experts are playing on your computer.
The 68 is nicer in person than the tv can show, the lack of billet/chrome and other crap just shows the amount of detail in the build, and as far as the auction (a real/legitimate auction with legal binding bids) ,goes it was up to $47,500 when I left, and drew more attention than any thing there. Like it or hate it it's gonna be around awhile, so instead of picking it apart, go out and learn how to fabricate/paint or do anything to your own project!!!

I knew people who were good friends with Boyd back when we all hacked his show. They all swore to his good character. In the same context, why do these "good" folks let tv portray them as jackasses then?
I think the guy with the beard is a decent builder but the show itself insults our intelligence, whether we've ever finished a car or as many as they claim to or not.

Old 09-04-2012, 08:11 AM
jacks61ford
Senior User
Originally Posted by 1968 F100 Ranger
They showed the shop truck more during last nights episode. Wonder how they lowered it? It sits pretty low. Do you think its just dropped beams and a decent wheel/tire combo? Its not slammed but it looks good...
looks to have a cv swap to me

Old 09-04-2012, 09:27 AM
1968 F100 Ranger
Senior User
Originally Posted by jacks61ford
looks to have a cv swap to me
The only reason I thought it could have been I-Beams is because they seemed dumbfounded when they say the CV front end during the Frankenford build.

But, yes... It does seen too low for beams... I might try to email them and ask... You never know... They might respond...

Old 09-04-2012, 10:02 AM
FILTHY
Senior User
Originally Posted by 1968 F100 Ranger
The only reason I thought it could have been I-Beams is because they seemed dumbfounded when they say the CV front end during the Frankenford build.
Actually, If you remember from the show, hwen they are unloading the front end off of the trailer, one guy asks...is this going to be a good fit? One of the other guys replies wiht.."Well, yes...we already know its a direct fit," and references the shop truck.

Old 09-06-2012, 01:27 PM
mnkeeking
Freshman User
Fast n Loud

I was sick for a week or so and sat on my *** watching Discovery, NatGeo, et al. I saw the adverts for Fast n Loud and tuned in. Figured out early on it's some sort of bromance series with all the drama and "gotta make some cash." Mostly nothing about the vehicles. I watched those nuts carve up an insanely nice looking Mk III, then sell it to a 15 year old kid. If the program was more about the WORK that went into each vehicle, that would be nice, but you get a scene with one of them using a torch, then, BAM, the body's going on. The dude that allegedly runs the shop is as annoying as a hemorrhoid. They don't love any of those vehicles like I do, just a money-maker for them. Cool, I guess, but I'd rather cut the grass than watch that show again. My .02.
Have a great day,
Joe

Old 10-06-2012, 04:54 PM
fettless
Freshman User
Originally Posted by TEXRODDER
WOW it amazes me how many experts are on these forums, seems the old saying is true," opinions are like *********s everybody has one and they all stink",.
These guys are good friends of mine and I've yet to see the same quality of work on the builds I've seen here as they are capable of.
Richard is a character but that's why the show is still filming more episodes, and the builds keep going, KC Aaron and the rest are busy building hot rods while all you experts are playing on your computer.
The 68 is nicer in person than the tv can show, the lack of billet/chrome and other crap just shows the amount of detail in the build, and as far as the auction (a real/legitimate auction with legal binding bids) ,goes it was up to $47,500 when I left, and drew more attention than any thing there. Like it or hate it it's gonna be around awhile, so instead of picking it apart, go out and learn how to fabricate/paint or do anything to your own project!!!
Really? So you know these guys huh? So you know the guy they supposedly bought the truck from? You know who's garage the truck was sitting in when they "bought" it? So you know that truck (the one they "bought") wasn't even the same truck? So that means you know where the green trucks sits now...you know the guy who owns it now? If you know where the truck is right now then you'd know without a doubt that the auction, the show...the whole thing is scripted BS. Oh it may have appeared to be real auction, but if you REALLY know these guys, ask them who the phone bidder was (I know, you should too) and explain to me how the guy that ended up with the truck was able to pull that one off!

I've been in this (paint/restoration) business for almost 25yrs, I lothe shows like this. You've got to ask yourself, do you really want to spend 30, 40 or even 50g's for something that was CHOPPED out in a matter of days? Go to ANY reputable restoration shop and tell 'em you want a full blown restoration in a matter of days and they'll laugh you right out of the building!! As skilled as you think these guys are, these guys are NOT "Gods Gift" to the industry...*** Monkey is far more fitting.

Old 10-06-2012, 05:00 PM
fettless
Freshman User
Even my wife commented on the rattle can used to paint...sorry...restore the frame on the '64 Impala. Really? A rattle can?

Old 10-06-2012, 05:30 PM
bmuhlbach
Cargo Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
They sold the shop truck for $20,000.That had the cv front end and a fuel injected 5.0.I liked the truck dont think it was worth that much imho.

Old 10-06-2012, 05:39 PM
1968 F100 Ranger
Senior User
Nope. It is a cool truck though.

Old 10-06-2012, 07:36 PM
f100today
Posting Guru
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by bmuhlbach
They sold the shop truck for $20,000.That had the cv front end and a fuel injected 5.0.I liked the truck don't think it was worth that much imho.
Really couldn't tell you if the 20k is true. All those auction scenes are fabricated though. The funny part about it, whether it is true or not; that truck was on the Dallas Craigslist for quite some time for 8,000.00 and they couldn't sell it. I was kinda pissed cause I had just bought my truck. That was before I knew about the show and those guys.

Old 02-19-2013, 01:34 PM
jowens1126
Junior User
Looks like they are building a Bronco Next week. Should be interesting.

Old 02-19-2013, 04:16 PM
Gembone
Logistics Pro
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
I don't know these guys but from seeing the show it really kind ticks me off.
There is no way they are paying that much for junkers and flipping for big bucks.
They are clouding the minds of people with junk with thoughts of big $$ from a $500 vehicle.
This only hurts the hobbyist and any who want or own older vehicles.
I know these shows are scripted and for entertainment purposes but it gets infuriating.

On a similar note, I have a friend who used to buy storage lockers but the shows have blown the prices sky high. Now he can no longer afford his little hobby.

Old 02-19-2013, 04:59 PM
fordbuddy79
Mountain Pass
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yeah,they got 50k for the F100...

Why does KC the body guy have it know????

Old 02-20-2013, 10:08 AM
Smellii
Freshman User
Phone bidder won the truck no one could preview. Yeah...it was totally staged. Cool truck but def not a 50k truck. 20k on it's best day MAYBE and that's with the show recognition.

Quick Reply: Fast N Loud