Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Super Duty & Heavy Duty 1999 to current Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-26-2012, 05:27 PM
Senior User

adbscu is starting off with a positive reputation.
Infant Car seats for 05 F350 CC

expecting our first child in about 4 weeks and we are starting to prepare our vehicles. As far as i understand SD don't really have a latch system and require normal seatbelts: any tips/advices?

we are just going to get 2 bases (for Chicco system) and leave them permanently in our 12' Explorer (super easy install with the latch) and in the F350. Won't even try it in my BMW 3series....

We have 05 F350 King Ranch (bench seat).
Old 06-26-2012, 08:02 PM
New User

meathead1134 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Not all vehicles have the latch system. After a certain date I think it was mandated for all new vechicles in USA the to have the latch system. I've got a 06 F350 CC king ranch. I've got a toddler seat on 1 side and a child seat in the other. With the infant seat your best bet is to put a towel down on the leather seat. Next put the base in but here is the key. Kneel on the base as you tighten the seat belt back into the retractor. The car seat base should not move much if at all. If you are really not sure go to your local Police department or fire department they are trained in the proper installation of putting these in vehicles. With the toddler seat I do the same thing but I kneel in the car seat itself and retract the seatbelt back in the retractor. Congrads on up coming new arrival.
Old 06-26-2012, 10:00 PM
Senior User

Flyinstroke is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Flyinstroke is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
They sell some seat covers at target to protect the leather seats from the car seats. They are pretty good and handy. I can't remember what they were called they were a gift. They cover just under the car seat. But before I had those I also used towels.
07 F350 6.0 DRW4x4 King Ranch, Firestone Airbags, EGR Delete, SCT Tuner (GEARHEAD TUNES) 105 gal Aux tank, Edge Evolution (gauges only), high idle mod, heated seat indicator mod, kitty ran off with muffler
Sold F250 4x4 7.3 (423,000 Miles) had to retire due to increase in family size.
Sold 99 F250 7.3 to uppgrade to extended cab (720,000)
"If you gonna go down it might as well be in a big ball of flames"
Old 06-26-2012, 10:29 PM
Elder User

GoCamping is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.GoCamping is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
x2 on the seat covers. My Lariat rear seat leather still looks great under that cover. It keeps the car seat bases from marking it up, plus with the kids making all the mess that they do in the back (and the dog as well) it just makes sense. I think we just bought a cover from PetsMart or similar. Wish my front seats still looked as good!
2000 Ford F250 7.3PSD CC SB 2WD Auto. Mods: AIS; CCV mod; Wicked Wheel; Walker BTM; DP-Tuner 40hp PCM flash; ISSPRO EGT / Boost / Trans / Water; Coolant filter; Trans filter; Ride-Rite airbags, Rancho RS9000XL, 50 cent mod, 05+ headlights and grill, front hitch, added fogs and HIDs, LED swaps, nagging desire to go RVing...
2008 Crossroads Cruiser CF32BL 5th wheel; 2006 Subaru Outback 2.5XT; 2000 Audi A4 1.8T APR chipped!
Old 06-26-2012, 11:20 PM
Elder User

onug is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by meathead1134 View Post
With the infant seat your best bet is to put a towel down on the leather seat. Next put the base in but here is the key. Kneel on the base as you tighten the seat belt back into the retractor. The car seat base should not move much if at all. If you are really not sure go to your local Police department or fire department they are trained in the proper installation of putting these in vehicles. With the toddler seat I do the same thing but I kneel in the car seat itself and retract the seatbelt back in the retractor. Congrads on up coming new arrival.
x2. My 2010 has the rear clip behind the seat, but not the two brackets between the seat and seat back. IMO, it is the worst decision Ford made in my truck. So you'll have to use the seat belt. Put your weight into it and things will be fine.

Congrats on the kiddo. My two kids have been a blessing, and they love my truck!
Old 06-26-2012, 11:21 PM
MMNC (SS)

Tylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputation
Target and Walmart sell leather covers for carseats. About $20 each. Great invention

Put the carseat in the center section of rear seat. The lap belt is easiest to get tight. Put the base in, kneel in the base, tighten seatbelt as much as you physically can. Wiggle. If it moves, repeat until base is firm.

Put carseat in base. Check that the "level" lines are horizontal with ground. If not, loosen base and put a rolled up towel under offending edge. Tighten.

I personally like having children in center of seat. It's farthest from doors in event of t-bone.

Secondly, I shoot for carseats on passenger door. You almost always park with pass side to a curb. This provides a shielded area for wife/yourself to get bulky damn carseats out of vehicle without fear of getting clipped by moronic drivers

Good luck. I've got 4, 3 still in carseats in my truck. It's been an interesting ride
Old 06-28-2012, 12:30 PM
Super Moderator

powerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputation
Quote:
Not all vehicles have the latch system. After a certain date I think it was mandated for all new vechicles in USA the to have the latch system. I've got a 06 F350 CC king ranch. I've got a toddler seat on 1 side and a child seat in the other. With the infant seat your best bet is to put a towel down on the leather seat. Next put the base in but here is the key. Kneel on the base as you tighten the seat belt back into the retractor. The car seat base should not move much if at all. If you are really not sure go to your local Police department or fire department they are trained in the proper installation of putting these in vehicles. With the toddler seat I do the same thing but I kneel in the car seat itself and retract the seatbelt back in the retractor. Congrads on up coming new arrival.
Quote:
Originally Posted by onug View Post
x2. My 2010 has the rear clip behind the seat, but not the two brackets between the seat and seat back. IMO, it is the worst decision Ford made in my truck. So you'll have to use the seat belt. Put your weight into it and things will be fine.

Congrats on the kiddo. My two kids have been a blessing, and they love my truck!
X3. My '11 doesn't have the LATCH system either and thankfully mine are now out of booster seats. In my '05, I used the exact same method meathead mentioned above. And ditto the recommendation about going to the local PD or FD as many of those folks are trained to properly install the safety seats.
2011 F-350 4x4 Lariat Ultimate, Oxford White / Pale Adobe 6.7L PSD 3.55 ELD / Gone but not forgotten.
Moderators, Guidelines, and How They are Enforced / FTE Forum Guidelines

RIP Steve (Bricks) Price........Godspeed my good friend. RIP Paul / Hdslider.....you are truly missed.
Old 06-28-2012, 04:39 PM
Freshman User

JPA76 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Don.t make your carseats super tight. It will transfer more energy to their body. Supposed to have a little slack. I have 1 in a toddler seat and 1 in a booster seat. If you can find a good deal on a Britax get it. They are top of the line in safety and quality. Enjoy the little 1 while you can.
Old 06-28-2012, 04:49 PM

2000silverbullet is a splendid one to behold2000silverbullet is a splendid one to behold2000silverbullet is a splendid one to behold2000silverbullet is a splendid one to behold2000silverbullet is a splendid one to behold2000silverbullet is a splendid one to behold2000silverbullet is a splendid one to behold
I hate that the rear center seat in the CC doesn't have the ratcheting seat belt...

Matt
2011 F350 - 6.2 CC, LB, 4.30s, Lariat Ultimate pkg, FX4, Amp steps, Lockpick, AC LC6i, JL HD900/5, JL 13TW5, JL C5-570's, Bilstein 7100 stabilizer, Rancho RS9000XL's, Leveled w/ 35" Toyo M/T's and 5 Star tuned
**Sold - 2000 F250 V10, 6.5" Pro Comp, 37" Toyo MT's
Old 06-28-2012, 05:12 PM
Elder User

VONxRUBENxLA is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
VON RUBEN
just use the seat belt how it tells you on the base. i have 2 kids now both are out of the infant seats. 1 is in the booster and the other in a front facing seat no problems at all

2002 FORD F250 SUPER DUTY LARIAT V10 4' LIFT ON 305/75/16
Old 07-29-2013, 07:34 PM
New User

idealcarp is starting off with a positive reputation.
infant seat

I have an 08 350 extended cab, will an infant seat fit on the rear bench?
Old 07-30-2013, 08:20 AM
Posting Guru

grec-o-face has a very good reputation on FTE.grec-o-face has a very good reputation on FTE.grec-o-face has a very good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerstroke72 View Post
... I used the exact same method meathead mentioned above. And ditto the recommendation about going to the local PD or FD as many of those folks are trained to properly install the safety seats.
EXACTLY!!!

It's important that you follow the directions and kneel down on the seat (or base) with your weight while strapping it in. It may require two people - one to hold the seat belt in an extracted position while you thread the belt through the seat. In my case, the belt ends up being backwards (NOT TWISTED) when it enters the buckle.

And I recommend using a towel also.

You can see how I folded the towel a few times on the rear side of the seat to support - adjust the height/level of the seat.

Old 07-30-2013, 08:20 AM