Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > Expedition & Navigator
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Expedition & Navigator 1997 - 2002 and 2003 - 2006 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-26-2012, 09:35 AM
New User

theboze is starting off with a positive reputation.
Theft Light Blinking, won't start...Help!

Hi everyone I have a 97 Eddie Bauer Expedition with the 4.6, I just replaced the heater core last week ( removed the dash and all) when I put it back together the truck started fine. I let it sit a few days and went out to use it on Sunday and the battery was dead, not sure what drained it, but I put the charger on it for 20 minutes and went to start it, and it cranked over but wouldn't start. I then noticed the "theft" light blinking like crazy and it won't start. I disconnected the battery for 1/2 hour, like I seen on some posts, but that did not work. I do have a friend that has the OBD scanner from snap on, and I have the owners manuals along with the 2 large factory manuals from Ford on this truck, is there anything we could do to get this thing going without going to the dealer? Right now I am checking things without the scanner because I am off today and he is at work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 06-26-2012, 09:42 AM
Post Fiend

alloro is a name known to allalloro is a name known to allalloro is a name known to allalloro is a name known to allalloro is a name known to allalloro is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by theboze View Post
is there anything we could do to get this thing going without going to the dealer?
Do you have a second key to try?

If not, only the dealer will be able to program your keys back into the security system. Make sure you bring all of your keys with you.
Old 06-26-2012, 10:18 AM
New User

theboze is starting off with a positive reputation.
I already tried the other key and same thing.
Old 06-26-2012, 12:03 PM
Post Fiend

projectSHO89 has much to be proud ofprojectSHO89 has much to be proud ofprojectSHO89 has much to be proud ofprojectSHO89 has much to be proud ofprojectSHO89 has much to be proud ofprojectSHO89 has much to be proud ofprojectSHO89 has much to be proud ofprojectSHO89 has much to be proud of
Check the connector and harness that goes to the key cylinder transceiver. Since the dash was out, the connector may be loose or something else in the circuit may have been damaged.
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” - Mark Twain
Old 07-14-2012, 07:38 PM
New User

79250ranger is starting off with a positive reputation.
I had same issue with theft light blinking... Battery went dead...bought a new battery, problem solved...
Old 07-14-2012, 07:38 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > Expedition & Navigator

Tags
2005, 60l, 99ford, blinking, core, escape, expedition, expediton, f150, flash, ford, heater, hybrid, light, lights, replaced, start, theft, wont