6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

New Rigid 20" light bar installed

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2012, 02:18 PM
majkthreads
Elder User
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
New Rigid 20" light bar installed

Well there's been a few threads on aftermarket lighting so I thought I'd throw mine in for an option.

Bought a 20" Rigid Industried combo driving light bar off ebay. Guy bought the wrong model so got it for nearly half of retail.

Had it mounted to the push bar plus two dually diffusion lights under the rear bumper for backing up to my travel trailer and such.

Cost me $150 for local audio place to wire them up since I was pressed for time and it was in there for some upgrades on the audio.

Light bar attached.

Light bar on with no headlights. Need to adjust it still out on the road.

Back lights under rear bumper. Need to install 2 washers above mounting bracket so I can tilt them up slightly. They're bottomed out on the bumper so they still shine a little too much on the ground.

Old 06-11-2012, 02:38 PM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
Received 7,088 Likes on 2,221 Posts
Looks pretty nice...I'd love to have one if I could lose my front plate. Stupid front plate...I hate it.

Old 06-11-2012, 03:33 PM
Andrew010
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by SavageNFS
Looks pretty nice...I'd love to have one if I could lose my front plate. Stupid front plate...I hate it.

+1 on a stupid front plate. I'd like to have one as well.

Truck looks good though!

Old 06-11-2012, 03:44 PM
sdetweil
Hotshot

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by majkthreads
Well there's been a few threads on aftermarket lighting so I thought I'd throw mine in for an option.

Bought a 20" Rigid Industried combo driving light bar off ebay. Guy bought the wrong model so got it for nearly half of retail.

Had it mounted to the push bar plus two dually diffusion lights under the rear bumper for backing up to my travel trailer and such.

Cost me $150 for local audio place to wire them up since I was pressed for time and it was in there for some upgrades on the audio.

Light bar attached.

Light bar on with no headlights. Need to adjust it still out on the road.

Back lights under rear bumper. Need to install 2 washers above mounting bracket so I can tilt them up slightly. They're bottomed out on the bumper so they still shine a little too much on the ground.

who's push bar is that? very nice look

Old 06-11-2012, 04:17 PM
Tuxedo Scorpion
Fleet Mechanic
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
150 bucks for install! i need to start a side business. pics of the wiring by chance?

Old 06-11-2012, 04:37 PM
ruschejj
Post Fiend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Tuxedo Scorpion
150 bucks for install! i need to start a side business. pics of the wiring by chance?
I install stuff for people all the time, it's fun and the cash is good. Mostly friends so I tend to not worry about the money and take a personal interest in it. Word of mouth will certainly get you going though.

Old 06-11-2012, 04:44 PM
2ndStroke
Lead Driver
Received 42 Likes on 23 Posts
I would have done it for a case of beer

Lights look good!

Old 06-11-2012, 04:49 PM
Tuxedo Scorpion
Fleet Mechanic
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
i would do it for a case of beer and money lol jk

Old 06-11-2012, 11:01 PM
majkthreads
Elder User
Originally Posted by sdetweil
who's push bar is that? very nice look

This is the bar: SteelCraft Bull Bars - 105+ Reviews & Best Prices on SteelCraft Black & Stainless Steel Truck Bull Bars

I did buy the relocation kit but it doesn't work with the bar there. We are supposed to have a the plate here in NE but so far no issues and next week I'm moving the great state of GA so I don't need the plate so I'm hoping we can just get by till we leave.

I thought $150 was pretty good for the wiring all three lights plus the cost of the switches and mounting them.

They did a very good professional job and it was done in 2 hours. Sometimes it's worth having a professional doing it. Plus I don't have a garage so it makes it harder to get things like that done.

Rigid is shipping me optical grade clear covers for the lights so I don't have to keep the black ones on. I also have security nuts on the lights to deter theft. It won't stop them but it'll slow them down. I need to get a pic of the bar and headlights together.

Old 06-12-2012, 05:46 AM
ruschejj
Post Fiend
Where in ga? I have lived there twice in my life.

Old 06-13-2012, 09:01 AM
montey2005
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
did you lose the tow hooks to place that bar?

Old 06-13-2012, 10:06 PM
majkthreads
Elder User
Originally Posted by ruschejj
Where in ga? I have lived there twice in my life.

Near Commerce, GA. About 20 miles west of Athens.
Renting for 6 months until house is built.

Originally Posted by montey2005
did you lose the tow hooks to place that bar?
The bar partially blocks about 1" of the tow hooks but shouldn't be an issue if I have to use them. When I was looking at the bar one of the members here said he didn't have any issue using them so I thought why not.

Old 06-14-2012, 07:01 AM
ruschejj
Post Fiend
Well, look up greenwood, sc. I'm only 70 miles from you. I drive through there almost every week. It's nice over there.

Old 06-14-2012, 08:03 AM
majkthreads
Elder User
Will do, we've got allot of ground to explore up there. Spent my whole life in the midwest.

Probably will head thru there this summer. My sister is in blacksburg VA so we'll be headed her way sometime.

Old 08-26-2012, 10:27 PM
OffroadSD
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quick question for you majkthreads, I also just finished installing the 20" Rigid light bar and although I used the security nuts from Rigid I don't think its enough to secure the light. Have you or anyone else figured a way to keep this light from walking off?
I think that anyone could forcefully push down on the light bar itself and it would pop out of the cradle.
I am thinking about another tab across the front of where the bolts are located along with a couple of spot welds. I figure this way all bolts on the brackets would need to be removed, I don't ever plan on taking of the bar and would take more work for the light bar to walk off.

Quick Reply: New Rigid 20" light bar installed