Sponsored by: Moser

so frustrating for an old guy!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2012, 05:45 AM
miottimouse
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
so frustrating for an old guy!!

i have being in this forum for years,restored 3 trucks/1 car to "show quality" standards and have many pics to share of my trials and tribulations and still have not being able to post 1 pic due to the procedure being complicated for a non tech savy person and i have seen many posts for this why cant a pop up window or somthing simular to the "pic post upload " in the galleries be implemented? i have asked this question before and every one gives advise on how to do this
any way to make thie easier for old guys?

Old 06-11-2012, 06:23 AM
jim collins
Cargo Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
---Yep, I have the same problem. I can put them in my album easy ,but getting them in a post is the problem. I'm on other forums and it's real easy,but not here. I'v tried "Photobucket" and a few others and they just add in more steps to take before getting it here. Lot's of other forums are not that way. --------Well, I'm an old guy too. ----

Old 06-11-2012, 06:45 AM
miottimouse
Posting Guru
hey jim at least some one aggrees with me!! and your right some other forums are a lot easier and if it was the same procedure putting pics into your album and getting them out to post here that would be ideal at least for a few of us time to update this site???

Old 06-11-2012, 06:59 AM
jim collins
Cargo Master

Lot of things about this site I don't like and that's the main one. It does need to be brought up to date but some don't like change. It does have a lot of traffic with new things going on unlike some others you only need to check every couple of weeks or so,that's what keeps me here.

Old 06-11-2012, 07:07 AM
77&79F250
Moderator & parts seller
Received 3,290 Likes on 2,446 Posts
Not to sure if being a paid supporter or not helps?? But at the bottom of the page under the quick reply I have a "post quick reply" and a "go advanced" option.

When I click on the "go advanced " option below that I have a "manage attachments" option.

Click on that and load up a many a 5 pics....

Not to sure if this helps and I have seen other folks show other ways to load pics, but I go with that I know.

Pretty much anyone that is 10 to 21 could help us in like 30 sec or less figure it out. Maybe a grandchild or neighbor kid?

Or some kid at the library computer desk??

Old 06-11-2012, 07:33 AM
jim collins
Cargo Master

Originally Posted by 77&79F250
Not to sure if being a paid supporter or not helps?? But at the bottom of the page under the quick reply I have a "post quick reply" and a "go advanced" option.

When I click on the "go advanced " option below that I have a "manage attachments" option.

Click on that and load up a many a 5 pics....

Not to sure if this helps and I have seen other folks show other ways to load pics, but I go with that I know.

Pretty much anyone that is 10 to 21 could help us in like 30 sec or less figure it out. Maybe a grandchild or neighbor kid?

Or some kid at the library computer desk??
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am a supporter and sometimes it works and other times it won't. I have to reduce the size most of the time,another step i can skip on a lot of the other forums. They just need to get up to speed like the other forums.
My 8 year old grand son could probably help but he lives 300 miles away .L.O.L.---

Old 06-11-2012, 07:48 AM
Ken(Ark)
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by miottimouse
i have being in this forum for years,restored 3 trucks/1 car to "show quality" standards and have many pics to share of my trials and tribulations and still have not being able to post 1 pic due to the procedure being complicated for a non tech savy person and i have seen many posts for this why cant a pop up window or somthing simular to the "pic post upload " in the galleries be implemented? i have asked this question before and every one gives advise on how to do this
any way to make thie easier for old guys?

This is probably the easiest forum I post pics on .

right click on "pic"

left click "copy"

move to form and start posting .

right click below text

left click "paste"

Old 06-11-2012, 08:41 AM
jim collins
Cargo Master

Just made a trip to the H.A.M.B. and posted a picture of my chevy street rod. Real easy I just click, Manage attachments , browse , right click picture, enter and there it was two seconds later.
It won't do it that way here with out reducing the size ,then paste, two more extra steps. So F.T.E is behind the times in the picture posting dept.
Oh well I really don't have much to show on my truck,it's just a truck.

Old 06-11-2012, 11:43 AM
23racer
Mountain Pass
Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Ken(Ark)
This is probably the easiest forum I post pics on .

right click on "pic"

left click "copy"

move to form and start posting .

right click below text

left click "paste"

So I thought I would try this to see if it works;

Nope.........

It would be soooo much easier if we could do this, but I guess it saves memory at the web hosting site.

Eric

Old 06-11-2012, 01:14 PM
gfw1985
Cranky Old Guy
They have added pic resizing to this site. Of course that will still only work for "Supporter" status to load from your computer.

Old 06-11-2012, 03:22 PM
Stinky7-11
Elder User

I feel for ya, I too am one of the older guys but I got to say with photobucket it's simple! I would be happy to talk anyone through it just PM me with your phone, sometimes things get lost in the text.

Old 06-11-2012, 03:24 PM
JB78f150
Posting Guru
Old 06-11-2012, 03:32 PM
shotgun2
Senior User
Thank you.

at least now i know i am not the only one.

what happen to copy and paste.

every other application can handle that.

G

Old 06-11-2012, 03:48 PM
gfw1985
Cranky Old Guy
Originally Posted by gfw1985
They have added pic resizing to this site. Of course that will still only work for "Supporter" status to load from your computer.
Ignore this! Only pertains to viewing to keep from having to scroll large attachments. Has no bearing on your issue.

Old 06-11-2012, 04:29 PM
77&79F250
Moderator & parts seller
Received 3,290 Likes on 2,446 Posts
Here is another way???

Here's How to Post Pictures:
1. Login to FTE.
2.Click User CP (In the Top Left Hand Corner)
3.(On the Left, There will be a list, The 5th Option Down, will say "Pictures & Albums) Click That.
4.Then, Click Add Album, Enter a title, and description, if ya want to.
5. Click Upload Pictures, Then click Browse, Locate the Files of your truck. (You can add 3 files at a time)
5. Click Upload.
6. Add a description to the individual pictures, then click save.
7. Add more files if ya want.
8. Click The Picture you want to post, it will give you two codes at the bottom, Right Click The Second one (It say's BB Code, Then Say's [IMG]http:blahblahblah...[/IMG])
Then, Once that is highlighted, Right Click, Then Copy, Then Paste it into your post.
You can add up to 30 Images in one FTE Post.

Quick Reply: so frustrating for an old guy!!