6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Factory perimeter alarm

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2012, 10:44 PM
FONRDAY
Laughing Gas
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Factory perimeter alarm

Vehicle Security System -Anbody isnsall on there own.

Part No: 7L3Z-19A361-AA
<!-- SRP tool tip div --><!--<input type="radio" name="price_simple" id="price_simple" value="0" checked />--><LABEL class=label for=price_simple>SRP: $155.71 </LABEL>Suggested Retail Price: View Details

<!--End-->Get local pricing
<!-- Script for handling SRP tool tip -->

Protect your vehicle and its contents with a state-of-the-art security system. Includes a Lifetime Limited Warranty on parts (contact dealer for complete details). Dealer installation recommended. NOTE: Vehicles equipped with a security system may be eligible for insurance discounts in some states/provinces.
  • Two-step perimeter alarm gives a warning chirp for non-threatening impacts and a Real Panic Sound if security is threatened.
  • IT-s (Interior Theft Sensor) uses infrared technology to protect the vehicles contents.
  • Factory-supplied transmitter remotely locks/unlocks doors and deactivates the alarm.
  • Dome lights are activated for illuminated entry/exit.
  • For vehicles equipped with factory keyless entry.

Old 06-09-2012, 12:12 AM
shadowSVT
Senior User
Received 86 Likes on 57 Posts
thats an interesting find.
cheap enough to try out.

Old 06-09-2012, 01:51 PM
07 F250 Aggie Mobile
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Do the new 2012s come equipped with these?

Old 06-09-2012, 02:03 PM
FONRDAY
Laughing Gas
Originally Posted by 07 F250 Aggie Mobile
Do the new 2012s come equipped with these?
Nope it's a add on I was wondering if I could install it myself

Old 06-18-2012, 07:00 PM
sgrol
Laughing Gas
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I wonder if this is the same alarm that they charged me $400 for when I purchased the truck. I think the alarm is in all the vehicles and they 'add' the alarm if you want it. I still have a chance to return mine for a refund (currently inoperative, won't disarm). Chime in if you know anything about this alarm - I'm running out of time to make up my mind if I want to keep it (after it's fixed).

Old 06-20-2012, 12:11 AM
biz4two
Lead Driver
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Arrow

Originally Posted by FONRDAY
Nope it's a add on I was wondering if I could install it myself

I don't know really. My 2012 F250 Lariat is at the dealer right now getting that same Security Alarm installed. More on that later...

So...I go to FORD Accessories website and enter my year and model. I find the system...and using my dealer get a price quote with unit installed. I make the purchase...and wait a few days to get the email that my dealer has received the part.

Ford Accessories | The Official Site for Ford Custom Accessories | Customize Your Ford

...ok...back to dealer install. I make an appointment for first thing today. Show service writer my printed receipt...and all good. Get a call at 4pm this afternoon...and guess what??? Yeah...they are having a HARD time installing the system. It is NOT plug-N-play. It has a wire harness...and they must attach all the wires with solder and shrink wrap.

Service writer tells me...that FORD Accessories website only charged $90.00 for install. YES...I agreed. He complained that it did not come with instructions! He also said...they should be charging 4 or 5 hrs labor to install. They run $110.00 / hr labor.

I'll know more tomorrow...when they are finished! I'm just hoping it works as advertized!

biz

Old 06-20-2012, 07:47 AM
miket54
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I thought this alarm system would not work with th remote start. I guess the dealerships I have talked to did not really know.

Old 06-20-2012, 10:54 AM
biz4two
Lead Driver
Arrow

Originally Posted by miket54
I thought this alarm system would not work with th remote start. I guess the dealerships I have talked to did not really know.

I agree...the dealerships don't know a thing about this security alarm system! I just hope they don't mess my SD up.

PLUS...I hope I do not loose my remote start function?!?!?! Gosh...they should warn about that...

biz

Old 06-20-2012, 09:17 PM
biz4two
Lead Driver
Unhappy still at dealer

UPDATE:

Ok...my SD is still at dealership...and not yet finished. Remember...I dropped it off Tuesday morning around 7:30'ish.

Either it is an extremely complex install...or the dealer tech is experimenting???

Hope to have a better update tomorrow...

biz

Old 06-20-2012, 09:37 PM
SixPointSeven
Freshman User
What a uncomfortable experiance.

Old 06-20-2012, 09:40 PM
sgrol
Laughing Gas
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by biz4two
UPDATE:

Ok...my SD is still at dealership...and not yet finished. Remember...I dropped it off Tuesday morning around 7:30'ish.

Either it is an extremely complex install...or the dealer tech is experimenting???

Hope to have a better update tomorrow...

biz
Thanks for the updates. Anxiously awaiting the results. I will be returning my factory alarm soon. Am going to find out what's involved in pulling after it has been installed (opposite of what you are going thru). I may want to buy one back at a much lower price. Surely after I had one in and pulled, would only involve plug and play to reinstall. Did you give them both of your factory key fobs to program to the new alarm?

Old 06-20-2012, 09:48 PM
biz4two
Lead Driver
Arrow

Originally Posted by sgrol
Thanks for the updates. Anxiously awaiting the results. I will be returning my factory alarm soon. Am going to find out what's involved in pulling after it has been installed (opposite of what you are going thru). I may want to buy one back at a much lower price. Surely after I had one in and pulled, would only involve plug and play to reinstall. Did you give them both of your factory key fobs to program to the new alarm?

YES...I actually remembered to bring the extra key fob. That almost never happens. LOL

The service writer continues to complain on the FORD Accessory website only allowing a $90.00 install. I think they have a good 6+ hrs already ( @$110.00 / hr). Of course my install tech is being pulled from my job to assist other jobs. So...he is going back and forth a lot.

I'm not sure just pulling out the Security alarm control module will be possible. Removing it...might be more involved. Good luck with it...and please do report back.

biz

Old 06-20-2012, 10:00 PM
FONRDAY
Laughing Gas
Well my part is at dealership myneighbor had his installed total plus part was $492 IT WORKS GREAT HE SAID I HAVE APPOINTMENT FOR 29TH WE WILL SEE HOW GOOD HIS WORKS HE IS THE TEST MONKEY.I WILL GO THERE LATER AND TEST IT HE PROBBALY HAS HIS KID PAINTBALL GUN READY

Old 06-20-2012, 10:34 PM
mmollo
Junior User

I just had one installed today. Works great, no problem with remote start.
I also had the guy install two scanners on the A-Pillars they are about 3" long with 5 LED's. You can set 1 of 10 patterns. Looks like knight Rider when it's sitting there. My scanners come on automatically when the key is pulled.

Old 06-20-2012, 10:58 PM
FONRDAY
Laughing Gas
sweet do you have part numbers for led and was it a ford dealship that installed it. Pics Please

Quick Reply: Factory perimeter alarm