6.4L Power Stroke Diesel Engine fitted to 2008 - 2010 F250, F350 and F450 pickup trucks and F350 + Cab Chassis

AFE Intake sound

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2012, 11:51 PM
mdiesel25
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AFE Intake sound

I know there`s lot`s of talk about intake but I was woundering if someone could tell me if the afe stage 2 si give`s that nice sound as the stage 2 does. I just need some help picking out which one to buy before I go ahead to buy it.
thanks,
2008 6.4

Old 06-06-2012, 07:44 AM
Ronin 5729
Senior User
And you had to start ANOTHER intake thread in addition to the one you already did...really?!

It's a diesel, not a gasser. The increase in intake over the stock system is negligible. Is there a difference? Yes; you'll hear more air/turbo "noise", and if you drive it like a gasser/(AKA idiot) and stab and lift on the "gas" pedal you'll hear plenty of turbo bark too...which is really cool!

Old 06-06-2012, 08:23 AM
4X4 IN REFUGIO
Elder User
Originally Posted by Ronin 5729
And you had to start ANOTHER intake thread in addition to the one you already did...really?l
WOW.... Are you the Thread Fairy for this forum?..
I noticed you made a remark about me starting new threads the other day as well....WTF.
What does it matter if a guy wants to start new threads and who cares how many threads on the subject you can find by using the search function?...Huh?
If folks didnt start new threads then you would not have a forum..would you?

Old 06-06-2012, 04:33 PM
Ronin 5729
Senior User
Originally Posted by 4X4 IN REFUGIO
WOW.... Are you the Thread Fairy for this forum?..
I noticed you made a remark about me starting new threads the other day as well....WTF.
What does it matter if a guy wants to start new threads and who cares how many threads on the subject you can find by using the search function?...Huh?
If folks didnt start new threads then you would not have a forum..would you?
WOW...and you have nothing to add to this thread. Your recent posting history would seem to indicate that you're unaware there's a search buttom and post EVERYTHING that pops into your head...

And the whole "if folks didn't start new threads then you would not have a forum...would you?" is WEAK sauce when the same people ask the same question, that's been asked and answered a million times, ad nauseum. It's like Spongebob's buddy Patrick Starfish, "Uhhh...what tuner should I buy?"

How about instead of an inane question like that the poster states they have an '09 F250 CC/SB and tows a 10K travel trailer about 6-8K miles per summer, which is about a 1/4 of their annual mileage. They don't have to worry about emissions inspections, and the warranty isn't an issue, and they prefer shift on the fly...

Holy Jeebus, if I read a well thought out and articulate question like that I wouldn't know how to respond...

If people would read the stickies, the tech folder and would spend 30 seconds searching before posting then the QUALITY of the posting would rise above the dreck that's been prolific here lately...

Back on topic; I actually addressed the subject matter of the OP, so unless you're going to do likewise, your response isn't required...

Old 06-06-2012, 04:58 PM
freedawg_101
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Ronin 5729
WOW...and you have nothing to add to this thread. Your recent posting history would seem to indicate that you're unaware there's a search buttom and post EVERYTHING that pops into your head...

And the whole "if folks didn't start new threads then you would not have a forum...would you?" is WEAK sauce when the same people ask the same question, that's been asked and answered a million times, ad nauseum. It's like Spongebob's buddy Patrick Starfish, "Uhhh...what tuner should I buy?"

How about instead of an inane question like that the poster states they have an '09 F250 CC/SB and tows a 10K travel trailer about 6-8K miles per summer, which is about a 1/4 of their annual mileage. They don't have to worry about emissions inspections, and the warranty isn't an issue, and they prefer shift on the fly...

Holy Jeebus, if I read a well thought out and articulate question like that I wouldn't know how to respond...

If people would read the stickies, the tech folder and would spend 30 seconds searching before posting then the QUALITY of the posting would rise above the dreck that's been prolific here lately...

Back on topic; I actually addressed the subject matter of the OP, so unless you're going to do likewise, your response isn't required...
I guess this explains why there are few new threads in this 6.4 forum. People aren’t going to ask for others advice or opinions if every time they do people respond like this. Let me ask you this, Why even click on this thread if you are going to answer in such a derogatory way? Pass this thread over and go on to one that you have read 10 times in the last 4 hours.
Just my 2 cents.
Sorry to the OP and the apparent administrator, I cant help you with your question.

Old 06-06-2012, 07:03 PM
4X4 IN REFUGIO
Elder User
LOL....easy now big guy.
No need to get your feathers ruffled up.
Too funny...

Old 06-06-2012, 07:12 PM
4X4 IN REFUGIO
Elder User
Also... I think that a lot of times people ask the same question that others have already posted is to get fresh addition responses cause they did not find out what they wanted.
Everyone that answers a thread does not always have the correct answer...a lot of the responses are opinions.
No big deal..

Old 06-06-2012, 07:43 PM
Ronin 5729
Senior User
Originally Posted by freedawg_101
I guess this explains why there are few new threads in this 6.4 forum. People aren’t going to ask for others advice or opinions if every time they do people respond like this. Let me ask you this, Why even click on this thread if you are going to answer in such a derogatory way? Pass this thread over and go on to one that you have read 10 times in the last 4 hours.
Just my 2 cents.
Sorry to the OP and the apparent administrator, I cant help you with your question.
ANOTHER non-response...nothing to add either, huh? It's an epidemic.

And another reading comprehension failure; in case you missed it; this is the OP's second separate thread about the SAME topic in as many days. I mean really?!

I usually give responsive answers with supporting information, links, etc. and try to help out whenever I can. I frequently get PMs from other members asking me for help and asking me for advice, etc. and are always more than happy to do so and I don't mind helping someone along; everyone has to start somewhere.

Common sense, or the lack thereof, is the problem; I said it before and I'll say it again; read the stickies/tech folder and do a search BEFORE posting and when you do post, try to ask something a little less vapid then, "What exhaust should I buy?"

Old 06-06-2012, 07:59 PM
4X4 IN REFUGIO
Elder User
This thread should be made a sticky so that folks can read it before posting and upsetting this guy.
Think I'm gonna go over and visit another forum for a while. Perhaps one of my Motorcycle forums or the ATV forum. Nah... Gonna stay here and see if something pops into my head to post.....LOL...
Hey Ronin... Just how big a guy are you anyway...LOL

Old 06-06-2012, 08:31 PM
slowmans
Cargo Master
Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts
Really guys.......

Yes, use the search function!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So many of the SAME questions get asked on a weekly basis, it does get kind of annoying....

Old 06-06-2012, 09:19 PM
RM2738
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by slowmans
Really guys.......

Yes, use the search function!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So many of the SAME questions get asked on a weekly basis, it does get kind of annoying....
Bingo! Yatzee!

Especially when there are currently three to four threads in the top ten regarding the same thing.

I was a member of a forum years ago and they had a sticky that was titled "NEWBIES, READ THIS BEFORE POSTING!" the body of the thread basically said that you should search before posting. It was great! Even when there were new threads started, other members simply posted links to other threads if the question had been asked/answered before. Kept everything clean and non repetitive.

Old 06-06-2012, 09:31 PM
freedawg_101
Senior User
You guys crack me up. So upset that there is some repetitive questions, yet you still go to the thread to complain. Go to a thread that doesn't "annoy" you. There's a novel idea.....

Old 06-06-2012, 09:43 PM
mdiesel25
New User
WOW.... sorry guy's I just singed up on this thing just like 2 days ago because i was told if i need help to ask here. i just wanted to know what to get before i spend the money....

Old 06-06-2012, 10:15 PM
freedawg_101
Senior User
Don't get me wrong. I like the FTE forums. They have helped a ton and save me a load of money. Just a few bad eggs. My Apologies to the OP.

Old 06-06-2012, 10:26 PM
RM2738
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by mdiesel25
WOW.... sorry guy's I just singed up on this thing just like 2 days ago because i was told if i need help to ask here. i just wanted to know what to get before i spend the money....
Don't take offense to anyone. And I Apologize if my thread came across disrespectful. Not intended.

I do truly believe that you can learn so much about these trucks if you simply browse through old threads and use the search function. And honestly, you can usually find the answer before someone responds to your thread. Especially on the weekends!

Welcome to FTE!

Quick Reply: AFE Intake sound