Explorer, Sport Trac, Mountaineer & Aviator 1991-1994, 1995-2001, 2002-2005, 2006-2010 Ford Explorer

Keyless entry combination

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2003, 12:03 PM
morenog
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Keyless entry combination

I bought a 96 Explorer xlt and never received the code for the keyless entry. I asked ealers and they only suggested finding the original owner and there was no way to reprogram without replacing the whole unit. Can anyone tell me how I can find what the keyless entry may be or a way to reporgram the code.

Old 05-06-2003, 02:32 PM
dbc
Junior User

Originally posted by ineedashot
If you look under the dash, position your head in front of the brake pedal and look up. There is a black box with a white label that has the code printed, is a sequence of 5 numbers. You won't miss them...

When you type these numbers in the keypad, driver door will unlock, push 3/4 and the rest of the door will open...
Try this

Old 05-06-2003, 02:34 PM
morenog
New User

Thank you I will try it and update .

Thanks again

Old 05-06-2003, 02:40 PM
reberhardt
Elder User

On your '96 Explorer you won't find the RAPS module under your dash. It will be behind the access door in your rear storage compartment (where you keep your jack). Remove the hatch and look inside towards the front of the vehicle. It will be hard to see and usually requires you to pull out on the panel and shine a flashlight up inside while using a mirror to read the 5-digit code. The code will be on the small black box that is tucked away up inside the compartment.

Old 05-09-2003, 10:31 AM
nhfire 77
Senior User

reberhardt is so right the RAPS module is in the cargo area. I had the same issue and found it it will take the flash light. You can also take note in your manual on how to create an additional code that will you can preset your power seat and mirror locations, this can be achieved with kesless entry FOB as well too

Old 05-13-2003, 11:41 AM
ESS
New User
Thumbs up Keyless entry combination

I found mine in the Cargo area also on my 99. Thank you all for the information. I am the 3rd owner of my 99 and the previous owner stated that he had been put through the ringer by the dealership and Ford and was still not able to get the code. One glance at this forum and I found it that night. I only had the Explorer a week.

Thanks alot for the help!

Old 05-13-2003, 07:10 PM
1956MarkII
Lead Driver
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think it's time we added a new forum:

The "How to Look up Your Keyless Entry Combination Code" forum!

Maybe we should make this thread "sticky" so it stays at the top of the threads. Not for my sake- I don't mind sharing this info, I'm thinking it might be easier for the "newbies" if we kept it at the top of the forum.

Old 05-21-2003, 03:05 PM
Peters Sport Trac
New User

I bought a 2002 Sport Trac and don't have the 5 digit code. I have looked inside the storage compartment where the jack is but can't find the black box. Would you be able to tell me where about I should be looking, such as on the drivers side or passengers side, and any other help would be great.

Thanks
Peter

Old 05-22-2003, 09:31 AM
mightymike
New User

Yeah, Need the same info for my Sport Trac...where can I find the combination....

Old 05-22-2003, 03:43 PM
1956MarkII
Lead Driver
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You may or may not be able to get the code yourself on the Sport Trac. Ford started sometime in 2002 to eliminate the sticker that has this 5-digit code. If you DO have it, then the sticker would be on the control module. I believe you'll find this behind the back seat, on the passenger side. Open the cover where the jack is stored, and behind the jack is a carpeted panel. If you remove that carpet, I THINK you'll find the module in there. There may be a sticker with a 5-digit code on it. If it's not there, then you'll have to have the dealer pull the code using their computer. Of course, I'm assuming that you've already checked with your dealer to see if they've recorded the code somewhere, and that you didin't receive the plastic card with the code (and operating instructions) stamped on it.

Old 05-22-2003, 03:47 PM
Peters Sport Trac
New User

Thank you very much I will try that and no I didn't receive the card with the code on it or anything.

Old 05-27-2003, 08:51 AM
WillW
New User

I have a 2001 Sport Trac that I just purchased. I checked the panels behind the back seats as suggested and found a pump on the passenger side and the subwoofer on the drivers side, still no computer module. The dealer is on my list of stops if no one has another location to check.

Thanks,

Will

Old 05-27-2003, 01:49 PM
rclarke
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Keyless entry code can be retrieved with the NGS (Ford test tool) in just a few seconds. Try a dealer, when I was working we retrieved the codes with no charge.

Old 05-27-2003, 08:03 PM
WillW
New User

Thanks for the response. I called my salesmen today to see what the cost would be and low and behold he had the number on file. I guess I should have called him sooner before spenting so much time looking for the number in the car.

Will

Old 06-20-2003, 09:59 AM
blackbear
Freshman User

I still haven't found mine on my 2000 explorer xlt. I looked in the jack storage compartment, I've looked under the steerin wheel area, no luck. I've looked under the hood at the computer module-no numbers taped there. Where else should I look?

Quick Reply: Keyless entry combination