Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DP Tuner

4R100 Stage1 Rebuild

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2012, 11:27 PM
Pitcrw6
Logistics Pro
Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Well im glad it was only that filter that went south. Glad its running good for you. Great job on this build. Im sure your happy Blackie is up and running and ready for RRE. Now just give it a bath, packs her up and head south.

Old 07-16-2012, 11:43 PM
GonzoCSU
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was wondering when you were going to give us an update. Glad it is going well. Dang it you might make me consider doing my own trans.

Old 07-16-2012, 11:43 PM
Skip1970
Hotshot
Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts
good job and thanks for the warning to stay away from them magnadyne filters!

Old 07-16-2012, 11:51 PM
BadDogKuzz
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by robbragiel
Well im glad it was only that filter that went south. Glad its running good for you. Great job on this build. Im sure your happy Blackie is up and running and ready for RRE. Now just give it a bath, packs her up and head south.
Thanks Rob And like I said trans fuild was everywhere so I went to the pressure car wash and cleaned the underside, engine and the outside and it took about 1 1/2 hrs and $10 of quarters. I even had my own bucket with dish soap/ car wash soap and it is almost as clean as I would like it. Tomorrow clean the inside it has been sitting for 8 mths and start getting ready for RRE

Old 07-17-2012, 12:14 AM
BadDogKuzz
Postmaster
Originally Posted by b-uno
good job and thanks for the warning to stay away from them magnadyne filters!
After this happening you couldn't pay me to use one. They are junk !! But in theory they sound good but the piece of crap plastic housing..*&^%$#

I wonder what they are going to say when I call and complain. What they will send me a new one. No thanks "Just Say NO"

Old 07-17-2012, 12:54 AM
Skip1970
Hotshot
Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by BadDogKuzz
After this happening you couldn't pay me to use one. They are junk !! But in theory they sound good but the piece of crap plastic housing..*&^%$#

I wonder what they are going to say when I call and complain. What they will send me a new one. No thanks "Just Say NO"

sell it to a chevy guy if they do. they are used to tranny problems, or a dodge guy they have bad trans too.

Old 07-17-2012, 01:42 AM
SpringerPop
Hotshot

Received 188 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by BadDogKuzz

Gee, a spin-on, in-line filter looks a lot better now-a-days! There goes any idea of ever using plastic filters, even on my wife's Honda!

Congratulations on your first auto-trans rebuild, Ed. Attention to detail has really paid off for you.

Pop

Old 07-17-2012, 09:40 AM
Snowseeker
Hotshot
Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts
Great to hear it is working out! We want to hear back monthly updates on how it is holding up!

Old 07-17-2012, 06:16 PM
BadDogKuzz
Postmaster
Originally Posted by SpringerPop
Gee, a spin-on, in-line filter looks a lot better now-a-days! There goes any idea of ever using plastic filters, even on my wife's Honda!

Congratulations on your first auto-trans rebuild, Ed. Attention to detail has really paid off for you.

Pop
Thanks POP Yea I was really liking the idea of a filter with a built in magnet. But lesson learned don't use anything unless it is made of metal. I do plan on putting a spin on filter down the road. But the first thing I need to get is a gauge to keep an eye on my trans. I now will feel like I am driving naked without one. So no towing until then.

I'll report back on this tread when I get some tunes from Jody. Hopefully he help with tunes as far as balancing out the shifts. If not in about 25k when I do AFT & filter change I can adjust the the accumulator springs with the shims and I think I'll switch the 2-3 spring from the yellow to the green. 1-2 and 3-4 already have the green. But that is what Sonnax suggested as set up. There is actually a different ways to adjust the accumulator pressures now. Well I have 25k to think about it.

And as far as updates go hopefully I won't have to " No news is good news" And hopefully 50K-75k I'll be able to do the Stage2 and since I did blueprint it I'll be able to see what parts, bearing and thrust washer are wearing more than others. And hopefully I'll have the money to do a JW valve body by the time I change fuild at 25k because that alone might and will change things with my accumulator set up.

Old 07-17-2012, 08:14 PM
SpringerPop
Hotshot

You don't HAVE to have the magnets "built-in".

In fact, it might be nice to see them when changing the filter to see what, if anything, has "developed".

Click on the photo for additional info.

Pop

Old 07-17-2012, 08:44 PM
BadDogKuzz
Postmaster
Originally Posted by SpringerPop
You don't HAVE to have the magnets "built-in".

In fact, it might be nice to see them when changing the filter to see what, if anything, has "developed".

Click on the photo for additional info.

Pop
Very Nice write up Pop !!! The magnets are a nice touch. When I get to doing a filter set up I am going to use your write up as a template. Thank you

Old 07-18-2012, 12:39 AM
SpringerPop
Hotshot

Don't forget to also go look at woodnthings' write-up, too! He located it in a different place, and that might be a good alternative.

Click Here:

Pop

Old 07-18-2012, 09:53 AM
GonzoCSU
Senior User
Thanks for the links Pop, good info right there

I tried doing a search on the BT111 but didn't have much luck finding the specs on it, how many micron is that filter?

I tried to see if any of the hydraulic filters we keep on hand for the tractors would work for this but they are all way too big (BT8852-MPG).

Old 07-18-2012, 03:28 PM
dieselfumes12
New User
unfortunately my transmission took a dump on me too,99 ford super duty 7.3.. I really like the way you put your tranny cooler,I would like to do what you did on placing it where you put yours. can you relay me the number on where I can get that cooler

Old 07-18-2012, 04:19 PM
dieselfumes12
New User
Transmission cooler

Can I get the number for the cooler that you installed

Quick Reply: 4R100 Stage1 Rebuild