Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Super Duty & Heavy Duty 1999 to current Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-27-2012, 08:51 AM
New User

6.4stroker is starting off with a positive reputation.
The best spray on bed liner

I'm looking to redo my bed liner but there's a million different brands and prices. What brands have y'all used and abused
Old 05-27-2012, 09:23 AM
Posting Guru

kmonty2 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.kmonty2 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
kmonty
I just had a Line X installed a month ago. They did a great job and it only took about 3 hours from start to finish. It was $485 and that was with the tailgate too.

Kevin
2011 F-250 CC, 6.2 Gas, 3.73, 4x4 w/FX4, Tuxedo Black, Steel Cloth interior,Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac's, Air Aid Intake, Bilstein 5100 shocks, Hellwig adjustable sway bar, 5 Star Tuned, Line X bed liner, X Tang Tri-Fold bed cover.
Old 05-27-2012, 10:06 AM

senix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputation
line x on two different trucks. Stands up great.

Previous Truck 2008 F250 6.4 with lots of upgrades and a suspension upgrade from Torklift International StableLoads
Old 05-27-2012, 11:13 AM
Postmaster

SuperDutyScaler has a great reputation on FTE.SuperDutyScaler has a great reputation on FTE.SuperDutyScaler has a great reputation on FTE.SuperDutyScaler has a great reputation on FTE.SuperDutyScaler has a great reputation on FTE.
got Rhino on my truck in Feb of 2005 after i bought my truck, its holding up great to the repeated topsoil, mulch, dirtbikes, atv, wood, etc over the years. It hasnt faded yet i wash it with SprayNine and a scrub brush. I will say this it statred to pop around the bed bolts for some reason and inoticed last week that a section under the bed rail is starting to peel when they stopped spraying it, some superglue was all the added to make it stick again?

2004 F-350, XLT, SC, SB, FX4, 5.4, 4R100 w/ .472 line mod valve & TransGo HD2 reprogramming kit, 4.30 gears w/ Detroit locker, zoo dad mod w/ STOCK intake, Gibson stainless headers, SPD y-pipe, 51509 cat, Borla 3" exhaust, 1" rear AAL, dually upper and lower overload spring, 08 diff cover, ProComp 22210 springs, more.....
Old 05-27-2012, 01:02 PM
Senior User

Linne has a good reputation on FTE.Linne has a good reputation on FTE.
I have used U-Pol Raptor Liner that's easy to spray and it can take almost anything...
Old 05-27-2012, 08:05 PM
Disgruntled Texan

texastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputation
If you're doing a clean install, Line-X is the best going. If you're replacing or repairing an old one, I'd use herculiner or rhino and try to patch it, but you could call a line-x installer and ask how they get rid the the old liner. Black RTV is a quick patch for a cracked or peeling section, I have bad luck with nails stuck in fence panels scratching all the way through.

Nancy, you been going to that healer for twelve years, and you still get headaches every night.
Old 05-27-2012, 08:17 PM
Posting Guru

wiingnut is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I had my Rhino Liner sprayed in my truck before I picked it up from the dealer, and after 4 yrs of abuse it still is holding up great.
Old 05-27-2012, 08:43 PM
Postmaster

SuperDutyScaler has a great reputation on FTE.SuperDutyScaler has a great reputation on FTE.SuperDutyScaler has a great reputation on FTE.SuperDutyScaler has a great reputation on FTE.SuperDutyScaler has a great reputation on FTE.
Rhino is 1/4" thick on the floor and more rubbery. Line-x is thinner all around and is firmer/harder material. Either one is excellent for a bed of a truck. I never knew they couldpatch either one? I was told if a chunk gets ripped off, new Rhino will not stick to cured old Rhino??

2004 F-350, XLT, SC, SB, FX4, 5.4, 4R100 w/ .472 line mod valve & TransGo HD2 reprogramming kit, 4.30 gears w/ Detroit locker, zoo dad mod w/ STOCK intake, Gibson stainless headers, SPD y-pipe, 51509 cat, Borla 3" exhaust, 1" rear AAL, dually upper and lower overload spring, 08 diff cover, ProComp 22210 springs, more.....
Old 05-27-2012, 09:32 PM
Senior User

droldsmorland is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Rhino hands down. Just used a dirt rake to rake out mulch from the bed. Cant see any evidence of that.
Old 05-27-2012, 09:43 PM
Junior User

KES08 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I've used herculiner before and it was ok but did not hold up to sun damage. I have a Rhino liner in my new truck and it is much better. One thing I have noticed with any liner is that being black they are very prone to fading and UV damage if left exposed. I keep a tonnea cover on mine now and it is holding up much better.
Old 05-28-2012, 12:02 AM
Post Fiend

biz4two has a great reputation on FTE.biz4two has a great reputation on FTE.biz4two has a great reputation on FTE.biz4two has a great reputation on FTE.
Arrow

My current SD has Line-X...and it has been GREAT! My new 2012 SD...will get Line-X too...

biz

2012 FORD F250 SD CC 156" Lariat FX4 6.2L BOSS 4x4 4.30s
2003 F250 SD SC 142" XLT FX4 V10 Auto 4x4 3.73s -- Traded
1976 F150 LWB Custom 4x4 390FE NP435 3.50s
Old 05-28-2012, 12:09 AM
Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by droldsmorland View Post
Rhino hands down. Just used a dirt rake to rake out mulch from the bed. Cant see any evidence of that.
i do the same thing, shovel and rake dirt, mulch out of my bed and the Rhino still looks brand spankin new. I wont throw a 50lb chunk of steel in the bed though, it will still bend and dent the floor......

Old 05-28-2012, 12:22 AM
Elder User

wizardsr is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.wizardsr is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Another vote for LineX. I had my 05 done when new and it's holding up pretty well. It has a few good blems from getting whacked by bobcat attachments, careless handling of chain binders, sheets of plywood, etc. I've had it patched before and need to have it patched in a few areas again, but compared to a drop in, it's far superior. Hurculiner is an OK DIY liner, but won't hold up like LineX. I've used hurculiner a lot for a home-made trailer, flatbed, plow mounts, bumpers, bottom of the doors, etc and it works good for those applications where it just doesn't make sense to pay the premium for LineX. I've also used the duplicolor spray can stuff on the bumper and grille guard of my F550, and it's holding up well (they were sandblasted and primed first), but have also used it on a few other things and it didn't last much longer than rust-oleum would have (prep is the key).

Here's a pic of the F550 with the duplicolor spray-on on the grille guard and bumper and hurculiner on the rockers, door sills, and bottom of the doors, taken right after putting the hurculiner on. The door sills being a fairly high wear area getting in and out and subject to all the road spray and rocks off the front tires, I applied the herculiner all the way up to the bottom gasket inside the door opening. The herculiner worked so well for this I'm doing it on 2 more trucks this summer. But for a truck bed, I'd still do LineX over herculiner.

Click the image to open in full size.

Also, a pic of the F350 Flatbed. We built this bed ourselves and coated all the steel for the flatbed, rear bumper, mud flap brackets, and hitch with hurculiner. It looks more gray as it fades in the sun, but it seems to hold up fairly well.

Click the image to open in full size.

05 F350 pickup V10, 03 F350 flatbed V10, 03 F550 V10, 01 F250 5.4, 97 F150 4.6, 2011 Subaru Outback
Old 05-28-2012, 06:16 AM
Post Fiend

jdadamsjr has a superb reputationjdadamsjr has a superb reputationjdadamsjr has a superb reputationjdadamsjr has a superb reputationjdadamsjr has a superb reputationjdadamsjr has a superb reputationjdadamsjr has a superb reputationjdadamsjr has a superb reputationjdadamsjr has a superb reputationjdadamsjr has a superb reputationjdadamsjr has a superb reputation
A general question...
how much weight does a liner add to your rear axle weight ? 50 lbs? 100 lbs ?????

Since I have a 5th wheel hitch and a tonno-pro cover it's not like it's not protected from the elements, but considering a spray in just the same...just don't want to eat into my payload
all gone:12 MVP Destiny 355RE 5er,12 F250 6.7 CCSB Grey Metallic Lariat w/ Ultimate Pkg,05 Ex 4x4 6L,03 Ex 4x4 6L,02 Ex 4x2 7.3L
Old 05-28-2012, 01:55 PM
Elder User

wizardsr is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.wizardsr is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdadamsjr View Post
A general question...
how much weight does a liner add to your rear axle weight ? 50 lbs? 100 lbs ?????

Since I have a 5th wheel hitch and a tonno-pro cover it's not like it's not protected from the elements, but considering a spray in just the same...just don't want to eat into my payload
A can of herculiner (enough to do a short bed) can't be but 20lbs. Don't forget though, you'll remove a little weight when you scuff the paint to prep it, so a can of herculiner really only adds about 18.6927631 lbs.

That reminds me, I need to clean the pop cans and extra glass clippings out of my bed, they're eating into my payload...

05 F350 pickup V10, 03 F350 flatbed V10, 03 F550 V10, 01 F250 5.4, 97 F150 4.6, 2011 Subaru Outback
Old 05-28-2012, 01:55 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty

Tags
2012, bed, bedliner, f150, f250, ford, liner, liners, made, minneapolis, mn, much, pol, raptor, rhino, spray