1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

If I do this, will you come? 48-60 FTE KY get-together

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2012, 07:54 PM
51PanelMan
Post Fiend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
What a perfect excuse to have a "working party" at your house. I bet your white F1 will be done by the time the weekend is over. Also, nice spread! I need to be a doctor in KY.

BTW, is it true what they say, "What happens in Kentucky, stays in Kentucky"?

I wish I could make it, but I'm 3,000 miles away.

Old 05-21-2012, 08:08 PM
homade
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Doc, go ahead and blame it on me but whatever it takes to get-r-dun won't bother me a bit. Im sure it will be a great weekend so count me in for sure, hell if my medical problems raise their ugly heads what better place could I be. By the way I now have a heart monitor for 30 days starting today and then will see if I have to have a pacemaker so have your little black bag handy. Like some other have said I will help the kitty or whatever you need me to do. Thanks for the offering and I hope we can get-r-dun,Garry--aka HOMADE

CharieLed, when you in the Cinti area get in touch with me, I live half way between Cinti and Louisville and would love to meet you.The Ky. Speedway is exit 57 on I-71 and I live 3 miles from the exit. cell 859-835-6207, Garry

Old 05-21-2012, 08:52 PM
Doc
Logistics Pro
Received 128 Likes on 55 Posts
OMG! I've created a potential Woodstock. Haven't I?

Originally Posted by harleymsn
What a shameless ploy to get FREE DELIVERY of those 19.5 wheels!
Shipping costs and fuel are getting too high Joe!! So this was "cheaper". LOL. Very glad to hear you'll try to make it!

Originally Posted by Mercury Bluz
as long as security doesn't ban Dodges!!
Woohoo!! No man it's all good. At current count, I have Fords, a Chevy, a Chrysler, and an International on the property already. I just told my family that an RV from Canada might be here. They almost passed out!

Originally Posted by Wayne S
I will try and make but i will have to drive my Corvette since the 48 will not finished by then.
Sounds good! Would love to have you. That brings up a good point. Be warned my driveway is gravel. So if you have a very low truck (or car), be advised. But I drive an old Z28 in and out of here all the time with no trouble at all.

Originally Posted by greg1235
Sounds like fun. I'm not too far away and if at all possible I'd come down and hang for a day or so.
Excellent! It's really not a bad trip for you.

Originally Posted by 51PanelMan
What a perfect excuse to have a "working party" at your house. I bet your white F1 will be done by the time the weekend is over. Also, nice spread! I need to be a doctor in KY.

BTW, is it true what they say, "What happens in Kentucky, stays in Kentucky"?

I wish I could make it, but I'm 3,000 miles away.
What happens in Kentucky might end up on Geraldo or Jerry Springer, but it's all good man! As far as the white F1 goes, somebody better bring a miracle worker. LOL.

Originally Posted by homade
Doc, go ahead and blame it on me but whatever it takes to get-r-dun won't bother me a bit. Im sure it will be a great weekend so count me in for sure, hell if my medical problems raise their ugly heads what better place could I be. By the way I now have a heart monitor for 30 days starting today and then will see if I have to have a pacemaker so have your little black bag handy. Like some other have said I will help the kitty or whatever you need me to do.
Thanks for the offer Garry. I imagine the biggest thing would be for everybody to pitch in on their own food and "beverages" more than anything else. As far as your pacemaker goes, I got you covered man! There's a set of jumper cables in just about every building I own.

Old 05-21-2012, 09:02 PM
teardropty
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Doc, You are very self-less for offering such a great adventure. If you allow Michigan yankees in your KY camp, count the misses, Me and the 54 into your merry mix. She needs a good run out (that's the 54, not the misses). September would be ideal because some of us don't have A/C and the hopefully cooler temps are easier on the radiator. Keep us updated and let us know what to bring when/if the time comes.

Old 05-21-2012, 09:53 PM
51PanelMan
Post Fiend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Doc
Or the west coast's Burning Man.

Old 05-21-2012, 10:42 PM
Harrier
Lead Driver
Received 764 Likes on 374 Posts
That is a great idea Doc. I won't be able to make it, but I'll keep hoping I could get away.
It sounds like you have the beginnings of a great happening going on.

Old 05-21-2012, 11:35 PM
Jeff and Nicolle
Logistics Pro
Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts
I just talked to Nicolle, we are interested, but can't commit yet. But it would be a great opportunity to meet some of you folks. We are very interested! That's like 9.5 - 10 hour drive..

Old 05-22-2012, 01:23 AM
Cody_1948
Tuned
Ill look up tomorrow on the computer, And see how far your away, as I may try and show up ..

Old 05-22-2012, 05:50 AM
raerjim
Fleet Mechanic
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That's a long way from down here, but who knows? This could be the start of something BIG!

Old 05-22-2012, 06:52 AM
Doraville
Senior User
Just thinking through a few logistics. If I brought my 5th wheel, then I'd have to bring my diesel pickup to pull it. I suppose the wife could follow behind in the F1. Not optimal.

Now I wish that I had a small pop-up camper to pull behind my F1. It's something we've talked about before. I have a little time... I may look into that.

Old 05-22-2012, 06:52 AM
bigwin56f100
Lead Driver
Received 843 Likes on 478 Posts
This is how all the big shows got started! Too far for me this year, but its a great idea

Old 05-22-2012, 07:34 AM
harleymsn
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Doc
Doc, Ive met Max Yasgur.......... Sir, you're no Max Yasgur!!

Old 05-22-2012, 08:01 AM
Doc
Logistics Pro
Received 128 Likes on 55 Posts
Originally Posted by harleymsn
Doc, Ive met Max Yasgur.......... Sir, you're no Max Yasgur!!

LOL. No I'm not. And none of you guys are Joe Cocker or Jimi Hendrix either.

Old 05-22-2012, 08:04 AM
Doraville
Senior User
Originally Posted by Doc
I'm thinking maybe the weekend of September 14th-16th...the following weekend of the 7th is a HUGE mini-truck show here that eats all of the hotel rooms.
I've got a minitruck too. Maybe I can tow the mintruck behind the F1 behind the 5th wheel behind the diesel. Is there an antique tractor meet in the area by any chance? This could get interesting.

Old 05-22-2012, 08:13 AM
harleymsn
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Doc
LOL. No I'm not. And none of you guys are Joe Cocker or Jimi Hendrix either.
Nope! But that is where a timid 18 year old kid at his first 'concert' fell in love with 'Melanie'.

BTW, can you please book Country Joe and the Fish?

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Soy3PHV3RiM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Quick Reply: If I do this, will you come? 48-60 FTE KY get-together