1980 - 1986 Bullnose F100, F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Early Eighties Bullnose Ford Truck

Ebay Find

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2012, 09:35 PM
Anafiel
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm curious about something. Would a 40k, one owner truck have 12 AutoCheck records? I'm not sure what AutoCheck captures on a vehicle, but 12 records seems kinda high for a truck that never changed hands.

Can someone enlighten me on how that works?

Old 05-18-2012, 09:57 PM
Dave804
Postmaster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just went back and looked again. Saw the black paint on the shocks springs and lines hahaha. And it's the same paint that's on the dome light surround and part of the dash trim. I noticed he altered some of language. Detailed, original factory colors, etc.

Anafiel- I read a carfax on a dealer car once. It had reportings for some DMV events and state registrations, as well as some larger chain repair shops and dealer service.

Originally Posted by ctubutis
Comes with the Courtesy Light Group - glove compartment, footwell, map reading lights. Maybe also underhood, don't remember for certain.

I'd guess this also gave the switch in the passenger door frame, too.
I always wondered what we'd do without you. Now I know, have dark feet

Old 05-18-2012, 10:13 PM
first today
Postmaster

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I can tell you those carfax items are easy to scam. My wifes Mustang was bought at the end of 05. It is an 05 model that was formerly a rental. It had 20,000 miles when we bought it. The front bumper and hood had been repainted. The fax showed it was unwrecked and original. I thought it was funny that ford must have had their automated painters put a thumbprint in the clearcoat of the fender along with overspray on the headlight when it was shipped new.

Old 05-18-2012, 10:28 PM
kermmydog
Post Fiend
Nice looking truck but documentation would be needed for the price he wants. A vehicle without all the original documentation is with the claims this guy makes plus all the flaws not to mention the paint looks way to good for factory.
Did anyone notice the rockers? they don't look quite right to me. In that they look like they were rusted & repaired.

Old 05-18-2012, 10:39 PM
ctubutis
Received 72 Likes on 56 Posts
It's hard to tell for certain but it looks like the power steering cooler's coil (on the front traction beam) has been painted black.

Yes, the bed bolts have been painted over, and I don't understand all the copper-ish color underneath. Not sure if it's just the lighting or what, but why do we have both copper & black shocks & springs?

If this sticker was original:

I would expect it to be faded & cracked, like this one:

The ashtray.... I would expect the metal to look like it does where the lighter would go.

The brake lines have been painted

Have the master cylinder cap & retainer been painted?

There used to be a picture out there of the underside rear. The outside (easily-seen) stuff is nice & black, but stuff in the center shows its true age.

This one shall do:

there should be an engine ID sticker on the front of the valve cover:

There might have been a "Do Not Pry" sticker on the plast power steering pump neck

If the spare tire is original, it will have a date code molded into it.

A picture that used to be there showed the inner side of the left-rear wheel. the outsides look nice, the inside looks like I would expect.

Overall, very nice job. It very well could be a barn find, and he just had it painted & detailed.

Old 05-18-2012, 10:41 PM
ctubutis
Received 72 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by kermmydog
Did anyone notice the rockers? they don't look quite right to me. In that they look like they were rusted & repaired.
Huh? I haven't seen any pictures of stuff inside the engine,

Are you maybe talking about the rocker arm cover?

Or, something else?

Old 05-18-2012, 10:53 PM
Dave804
Postmaster

Chris- was it one of these two pics? And as for the copper- I think he was using a light. The high powered but yellow tinted ones you use to simulate sunlight for inside detailing. That would explain it best in my mind.

Attached Images   
Old 05-18-2012, 11:01 PM
first today
Postmaster

Originally Posted by ctubutis
Huh? I haven't seen any pictures of stuff inside the engine,

Are you maybe talking about the rocker arm cover?

Or, something else?
I think he is speaking about the rocker panels. You can see paint chips that were not sanded and painted over.

Old 05-18-2012, 11:14 PM
brad1979
Senior User
I have not seen a factory ford rear bumper that looks like that. Is it optional or something? Also, as I have not owned a truck with factory carpet, did they originally go all the way to the back of the cab? Would it have been one piece or 2?

Old 05-18-2012, 11:42 PM
882tank
Senior User
Originally Posted by brad1979
I have not seen a factory ford rear bumper that looks like that. Is it optional or something? Also, as I have not owned a truck with factory carpet, did they originally go all the way to the back of the cab? Would it have been one piece or 2?
Some of the trucks of this era were shipped to the dealer without rear bumpers. The dealer would then install a bumper of the customers choice; typically a Fey bumper. I don't recognize it as a Fey bumper though.

Old 05-19-2012, 12:01 AM
4x484150
Elder User
Nice looking truck, even if it has been quoted as:
"The entire truck, including the engine bay, has been professionally detailed within an inch of it's life."

I believe as others has stated, that this is a barn find. Which possibly could have sat for years not driven, then given touch-ups and maintenance. Not 100% original, BUT: still a nice looking truck.

Old 05-19-2012, 12:12 AM
Dave804
Postmaster

Forgot to mention the hoses- especially coolant.

They're shiny, but if you look they're grey. Probably covered in KY. Trick the ricers and photo guys use to make it look better.

Old 05-19-2012, 07:06 AM
WilleyJoe.62
Posting Guru
All the "original, barn find" text is back this morning; maybe it just didn't load for me last night, and wasn't pulled after all.

$10,200 as of 07:04 CST.

Old 05-19-2012, 12:59 PM
882tank
Senior User
If only we could warn the bidders. Better their money than mine.

Old 05-19-2012, 03:05 PM
kedwinh
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by 882tank
If only we could warn the bidders. Better their money than mine.
Sure would be nice if we could. That's a lot of money and from what can be seen makes me wonder what they"re hiding that can't be seen.

Quick Reply: Ebay Find