1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

the official OBS diesel off topic thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2016, 11:15 AM
MOOSE_MACHINE
Postmaster
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I hear you Glenn. It's nice to have a place to plant you feet.
We have a lot of black bears and in the northern regions grizzlies and tons of wolves. Big frigging wolves lol.

Old 10-24-2016, 11:31 AM
lee00
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by oldbird1965
Home sweet home! These trips are starting to kill me! The OX did great except for taking a crap on me trying to get to RRE again. That was strike three, I don't know if I'll try it again. Once I get everything in order in this house that has been sitting for six months empty I'm going to try and figure out what happened on the way to RRE. I'm going to start putting my parts back on the OX that was taken off to try to get it running when I broke down. I need to know if it was the GPR, PCM, IDM, CPS or just what was it that caused my break down. I'll probably never find out but still need to know if the PCM and IDM need to be replaced or not.

I don't know how people full time it. I consider myself a half timer but like to have a home base. Its good not having wheels under me and 2,500 square feet to roam around in and a garage!
Glad you made it home.

Old 10-24-2016, 12:35 PM
DIYMechanic
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yeah, that's one nice thing about Ohio, there's not much of anything here that is going to try to kill you! Lol. We get 4 seasons, the worst weather risk you run is a tornado (and you usually know they're coming) and nothing will try to eat you when you go out in the woods. About the worst for stinging here is the wasps and yellow jackets, but I think you'll have some of that anywhere. We do have the poison ivy, though! It doesn't bother me much, but some people react pretty violently to it.

Old 10-24-2016, 01:03 PM
RÖENTGEEP
FOREIGN GURU

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Arrow

Originally Posted by lee00
Glad you made it home.
What he said. take it easy

Old 10-24-2016, 02:54 PM
oldbird1965
Fleet Owner

Received 126 Likes on 104 Posts
Thanks guys. Bryon, I'm in Lake Havasu City. Are you still in Oceanside?

Old 10-24-2016, 06:31 PM
BBslider001
Hotshot
Received 376 Likes on 268 Posts
Originally Posted by oldbird1965
Thanks guys. Bryon, I'm in Lake Havasu City. Are you still in Oceanside?
Yeah I am still in Oceanside. I really need to come by and visit next time I come through..probably in January

Old 10-24-2016, 08:05 PM
oldbird1965
Fleet Owner

Received 126 Likes on 104 Posts
You better! lol

Old 10-24-2016, 09:41 PM
El Camino Man
Logistics Pro
That's what I like about southern Illinois! The only deadly animals we have is politicians. We have Coyotes but they'll run off at the first sight/smell/noise that isn't right. We also have bees and wasps, but like anything, they won't attack you if your not bothering them.

I will say I have found several Brown Recluses in my garage. We supposedly have black widows but I've never seen one for myself

Old 10-24-2016, 10:14 PM
FI460
Cargo Master
Ehh. I've lived in the woods for a lot of years. Encountered a lot of cougars and bears and never felt unsafe. Of course I'm almost always carrying something...

Tornadoes sound scary as carp to me though haha.

Old 10-25-2016, 09:42 AM
cowmilker08
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DIYMechanic
Yeah, that's one nice thing about Ohio, there's not much of anything here that is going to try to kill you! Lol. We get 4 seasons, the worst weather risk you run is a tornado (and you usually know they're coming) and nothing will try to eat you when you go out in the woods. About the worst for stinging here is the wasps and yellow jackets, but I think you'll have some of that anywhere. We do have the poison ivy, though! It doesn't bother me much, but some people react pretty violently to it.
That's not true. The mosquitoes will try to eat you!
Coyotes can become aggressive but usually they aren't.

Old 10-25-2016, 06:57 PM
F350-6
Post Fiend
Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by El Camino Man
We also have bees and wasps, but like anything, they won't attack you if your not bothering them.
We've got wasps too. Problem here is we don't seem to agree on the definition of me not bothering them. Open the door on the side of a baler they get all pissy and sting you because they were in there. Release the spring loaded foot on a gooseneck after it's hooked up and they get all fussy and sting you because they were up in the gooseneck. And the list goes on and on.

So I typically spray wasps nest because I'm tired of getting stung. I'll also shoot wild pigs and bobcats if they're on my land, as well as the occasional snake or squirrel who won't keep away or wants to tear things up. And of course Skunks, because I really don't want to get sprayed by a skunk.

Old 10-25-2016, 11:23 PM
BBslider001
Hotshot
Received 376 Likes on 268 Posts
Originally Posted by F350-6
We've got wasps too. Problem here is we don't seem to agree on the definition of me not bothering them. Open the door on the side of a baler they get all pissy and sting you because they were in there. Release the spring loaded foot on a gooseneck after it's hooked up and they get all fussy and sting you because they were up in the gooseneck. And the list goes on and on.

So I typically spray wasps nest because I'm tired of getting stung. I'll also shoot wild pigs and bobcats if they're on my land, as well as the occasional snake or squirrel who won't keep away or wants to tear things up. And of course Skunks, because I really don't want to get sprayed by a skunk.
Yup, we are on the same page. I love my animals, but if they are destructive pests that cause me pain, it's time for a dirt nap.

Old 10-26-2016, 06:49 AM
Jarrett Campbell
Cargo Master
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
I almost grabbed a snake when I went to turn my water back on last Sunday... Freaked out and shot it.

Old 10-26-2016, 06:51 AM
DIYMechanic
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by cowmilker08
That's not true. The mosquitoes will try to eat you!
Coyotes can become aggressive but usually they aren't.
Haha, true! That's the truth right there. The skeeters are still here, though I don't think they're as bad here as they are down south.

Originally Posted by F350-6

I'll admit I'm not shy about dispatching pests like that. Wasps, yellow jackets, etc don't bother me too much, but the kids are deathly afraid of them, so I tend to eliminate that risk when I can. And the groundhogs, wild rabbits, and skunk had best steer clear of the place too. Our dogs got sprayed by a skunk about a year ago and that just reinforced the fact that those critters don't need to be hanging around the buildings.

Originally Posted by BBslider001
Yup, we are on the same page. I love my animals, but if they are destructive pests that cause me pain, it's time for a dirt nap.
Agreed. I have limited patience for pests.

Old 10-26-2016, 09:28 AM
RÖENTGEEP
FOREIGN GURU

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Arrow

Just for information, the hyperlink in the mails I receive is working AGAIN.

Quick Reply: the official OBS diesel off topic thread