the official OBS diesel off topic thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2014, 06:09 AM
ReBilld
Hotshot
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by liftnw8z
Evening fellas.

No knuckle busting here, yet. Just having fun watching tough trucks, monster trucks, and checking out the wide range of rides here in Indy. Having a blast - but I know it's going quickly because I was already figuring out the "exit route" for Sunday
Glad to hear the OBS towed good going out and you had a good trip Bill! Have fun at Indy and post up some pics!

Old 09-20-2014, 07:43 PM
liftnw8z
(CL) Team Brahma

Received 85 Likes on 71 Posts
Originally Posted by ReBilld
Glad to hear the OBS towed good going out and you had a good trip Bill! Have fun at Indy and post up some pics!
I've taken well over 400 with some more to take tomorrow. I'll break it down into a manageable thread of interest and link it to you all when I get home.

There's some gorgeous OBS trucks here - well, trucks in general really.

Old 09-20-2014, 09:02 PM
ReBilld
Hotshot
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've taken well over 400 with some more to take tomorrow. I'll break it down into a manageable thread of interest and link it to you all when I get home.

There's some gorgeous OBS trucks here - well, trucks in general really.
Cool. I don't get to go to many truck shows. There are a few car/truck shows they have locally every year, but it's usually the same stuff year after year, and not very big shows. I don't even bother going to them anymore. Sounds like you're having a good time if you have taken 400 pics so far! LOL!!

Old 09-20-2014, 09:30 PM
liftnw8z
(CL) Team Brahma

Yeah really. The local shows back home are kind of like that - but going to places like Carlisle and the Jamborees, there's a bigger and more diverse group of vehicles.

I just tallied it on my Facebook page - 503 pictures. Yeah, I'm a picture nut. Got a TON of ideas for both of my trucks though, so, gotta document that

Old 09-20-2014, 10:27 PM
BBslider001
Hotshot
Received 376 Likes on 268 Posts
Yeah really. The local shows back home are kind of like that - but going to places like Carlisle and the Jamborees, there's a bigger and more diverse group of vehicles. I just tallied it on my Facebook page - 503 pictures. Yeah, I'm a picture nut. Got a TON of ideas for both of my trucks though, so, gotta document that
Looking forward to some photos Bill. Sounds like you had a good time. We only have the Good Guys show here which is generally a bunch of rich old dudes with their million dollar hot rods...gets old, not to mention it costs $65 for the family just to get in. No thanks. I'll just admire my friends rides

Old 09-21-2014, 08:07 PM
BBslider001
Hotshot
Received 376 Likes on 268 Posts
Happy Sunday evening fellas. I have been doing absolutely nothing all afternoon but hangin with the girls and watching the workstock diesel truck sled pulls. I am a little addicted to this. Hope everyone's having a good Sunday!

Old 09-21-2014, 10:37 PM
El Camino Man
Logistics Pro
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I got some work done this weekend! Got my shackle hanger replaced so now the truck actually sits level lol

Old 09-21-2014, 10:44 PM
oldbird1965
Fleet Owner

Received 125 Likes on 103 Posts
Yeah really. The local shows back home are kind of like that - but going to places like Carlisle and the Jamborees, there's a bigger and more diverse group of vehicles.

I just tallied it on my Facebook page - 503 pictures. Yeah, I'm a picture nut. Got a TON of ideas for both of my trucks though, so, gotta document that
You sound like my daughter Bill, I think she is over 15,000 pictures with my grandkids! LOL

Old 09-22-2014, 01:01 AM
liftnw8z
(CL) Team Brahma

Originally Posted by oldbird1965
You sound like my daughter Bill, I think she is over 15,000 pictures with my grandkids! LOL
I couldn't help myself. Lots of great rigs out there of all makes, colors and sizes, and gave me lots of great ideas.

I am home in my chair in Western PA again. Grabbing a bite to eat (haven't eaten since noon) and catching up on a few things before I hit the sheets. Glad I am NOT going to work tomorrow - though I do have to drag the trailer back to the friend I borrowed it from.

tOwBS held up GREAT, though I will do some sort of gauges or advanced monitoring before I tow again. I would love to have a better idea of tranny temps, especially.

Old 09-22-2014, 01:05 AM
liftnw8z
(CL) Team Brahma

Originally Posted by BBslider001
Looking forward to some photos Bill. Sounds like you had a good time. We only have the Good Guys show here which is generally a bunch of rich old dudes with their million dollar hot rods...gets old, not to mention it costs $65 for the family just to get in. No thanks. I'll just admire my friends rides
It was a great time, yes. It did cost me $65 to register, but that covers 3 days of events, including mud bog racing, mud drags, monster trucks, tough trucks, plus the show and shine (judging in my case) and such. So it's probably a little more worth the $65...

Old 09-22-2014, 06:17 AM
madMatador78
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by El Camino Man
I got some work done this weekend! Got my shackle hanger replaced so now the truck actually sits level lol
Good to hear JP. I attempted to put some new speakers in the subaru, but got it tore apart only to find I needed a couple of extra things. So I just drove the truck instead. Lol I have a love hate relationship with installing systems.

Old 09-22-2014, 10:46 AM
El Camino Man
Logistics Pro
Woo! Thread name change!

Did you go to the 4 Wheel Jamboree Bill? My dad was telling me about it this weekend. He said when he was in his teens he went once. They had a mud bogger Corvette there. It was one of the first vehicles to run nitro meth. He said it skimmed across the mud lol. I wanna go now!

Old 09-22-2014, 02:21 PM
El Camino Man
Logistics Pro
Iv been in the market for a trailer recently. I was leaning pretty heavily towards getting a gooseneck but managed to talk myself out of it in about 30 seconds. I realized if something would happen, like the PSD break down or I sell it for some stupid reason, I wont have a gooseneck-equipped truck to pull it with anymore.

Theres a guy in town who sells Liberty trailers (made in the USA!). I stopped by today to see what he has. WHEEW boy does he have one beauty on the lot:

Its got the fancy red paint and aluminum wheels, along with a chain rack, LEDs, 3' dovetail w/ ramps, and, my favorite part, brakes on both axles. Not a bad price either (I thought. Especially compared to goosenecks).

I no more than left the place and I get a call... "Hey, can you deliver my Roadrunner". Yup, the same guy I picked the Roadrunner up for last month, sold it and the guy wants to meet halfway lol. I think its a sign!

Old 09-22-2014, 03:18 PM
MOOSE_MACHINE
Postmaster
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
That's a nice trailer JP. I've gotta ask. Is it common for tandem trailers to have brakes on only one axle. I bought a boat in California about 8 years ago that had a trailer like that which I found out later is not legal in canada. Hear each axle on a trailer above 3000lbs has to have brakes.

Old 09-22-2014, 03:56 PM
fordman67
Hotshot
Received 398 Likes on 269 Posts
My trailer only has brakes on one..I am adding them to the others .Hopefully soon that and I really want to do a dove tail. My ramps are very long as it is now. Then I could build racks under for the shorter ramps. As of now my ramps are longer than my trailer is wide lol ..
Jp....what does that dude go for? I hope you don't hose yourself on this. He is making money as a business and your good will is only wearing your truck out. The second trailer job should cost twice the amount!!!

Quick Reply: the official OBS diesel off topic thread