6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Looking for thoughts on an Air Dog II setup for my ordered 2012

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2012, 10:36 PM
FONRDAY
Laughing Gas
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
try pissing through a filter tell me it doesnt change the flow Air Dog is fine for a Diesel that uses oil as the main pump for or a dodge hard start problems that is all old technology or if using after market lift pumps that can support 800hp and xx will have a kit shortly for the Ford and for the case If your a Ford Rep you can find out about the claim about air dog voiding warranty to fuel system, air bubbles and Factory lift pump wont kill your fuel system

Old 04-06-2012, 10:51 PM
Shelby-GT-500
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FONRDAY

You lost me on this.

"If your a Ford Rep you can find out about the claim about air dog voiding warranty to fuel system"

Not a Ford Rep.

How can I find the case?

Thanks

Old 04-06-2012, 10:54 PM
Shelby-GT-500
Senior User
Not sure how pissing through a filter has anything to do with a powered pump that has the same output PSI of the stock system.

What is the restriction?

Thanks

Old 04-06-2012, 11:21 PM
FONRDAY
Laughing Gas
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
What is the restriction?
It doesnt flow the same as a stock system thats the point tell me your going add those big old fuel filters of air dog and is going to change psi Air Dog will tell u anything to sell the system put on your truck with a guage before and after

Thanks[/quote]

Old 04-07-2012, 05:28 AM
mistakenID
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by FONRDAY
What is the restriction?
It doesnt flow the same as a stock system thats the point tell me your going add those big old fuel filters of air dog and is going to change psi Air Dog will tell u anything to sell the system put on your truck with a guage before and after

Thanks
[/quote]

Maybe you should get facts first. The Air Dog has it's own pump. It is set at "about" the same pressure as the Ford system. It is also adjustable.

So once again, how is adding the Air Dog system going the change the pressure to the Ford system when it's pushing the same pressure only now without air bubbles and filtered before hitting the Ford system?

What am I missing other than Ford may deny warranty just because the Air Dog is installed?

Old 04-07-2012, 08:45 AM
Tom
Super Moderator
Received 672 Likes on 441 Posts
Why is everyone so confident that the Air Dog is so superior to the stock fuel system?

Old 04-07-2012, 09:14 AM
PumpDoctor
Senior User
Maybe you should get facts first. The Air Dog has it's own pump. It is set at "about" the same pressure as the Ford system. It is also adjustable.

So once again, how is adding the Air Dog system going the change the pressure to the Ford system when it's pushing the same pressure only now without air bubbles and filtered before hitting the Ford system?

What am I missing other than Ford may deny warranty just because the Air Dog is installed?[/QUOTE]

What is the OEM factory lift pump flow and psi to the HPFP? What is it for the Air Dog?

As for "air bubbles" that just a sales gimic. Who says the OEM system doesn't do the same thing except for the company trying to sell their product.

I can't say if its as good, better or worse, but lets say you install it and the lift pump on the Air Dog stops working and starves the HPFP. you defintely won't get warranty. If the OEM pumps stop working then you have a better chance of being covered.

Old 04-08-2012, 04:45 AM
mistakenID
Posting Guru
I never mentioned any system being better than any other. What I replied to is nothing more than the pressure.

Fonrday's post about pissing into the filter and pressure out the other side. The Air Dog has it's own pump which according to Air Dog is set the same pressure as the OEM pump. The injection pump is going to get fuel at the same pressure as before only pre-filtered before hitting the OEM filters.

The Air Dog pump quitting would be a given that Ford would not warranty the resulting breakage. Seems like on new vehicles just about anything you install that "could" result in changing a pre-programmed or OEM set parameter, device, part could/would be grounds for rejecting warranty.

I love the looks and performance of the new Fords and I would love to have one. Problem is because of my broken down body, there is no way I could even afford payments let alone if something happened and the warranty got rejected.

As I said long ago in one of the 6.7 discussions before the engine was let out to the public, I figured the engine it's self would be fine, it would be the add on's, computer and emission crap that would be the biggest problem.