6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

So what did you do to your 6.0L today?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2015, 07:40 PM
Sparky83
FTE Legend
Received 94 Likes on 60 Posts
Originally Posted by lupuseven
Took my seats out so I could clean the carpet... I just couldn't take it anymore, something spilled 'somewhere' and was beginning to stink up the truck pretty good
Before:

After:

i think im gonna do that when i have the engine ripped out... might even replace the carpet....

Old 05-06-2015, 09:01 PM
KDAVID1
Logistics Pro
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Sparky83
i think im gonna do that when i have the engine ripped out... might even replace the carpet....
Now that is a good job cleaning!!!

I swapped tstats out and caused a leak. I clocked the housing clamp wrong. I'll pull it tomorrow and put the tstat in my old housing hust to make sure.

Old 05-06-2015, 10:21 PM
lupuseven
YouTube Certified Mech
Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by Sparky83
As I was cleaning I debated on new carpet, turns out my Carpet cleaner had a rip in hose. I eventually literally just poured 50/50 orange cleaner on it Scrubbed it with a stiff brush then used the shop vac to suck it all up. Faster and better then my carpet cleaner when it was working. Granted replacing it would have been a lot faster.

Old 05-06-2015, 10:23 PM
lupuseven
YouTube Certified Mech
Originally Posted by Bullitt390
Sounds like a good way to kill the injectors if I am understanding correctly....

Josh
Quite possible, but I'd rather have the headache of injector replacement then the Migraine of a stolen truck.

Also I'm not sure what it actually shuts off, Ill have to chase it down later on and see.

Old 05-06-2015, 10:51 PM
MisterCMK
Fleet Owner
Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
So what did you do to your 6.0L today?

Originally Posted by LivingLarge
Having my fuel pump replaced, oops wrong 6.0... It's the 6.0 in my CTC (chitty tin Can) H2.
A GM fuel pump needing replacement? Say it isn't so....

Old 05-06-2015, 11:24 PM
King-bRanch
Cargo Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Bullitt390
Sounds like a good way to kill the injectors if I am understanding correctly....

Josh
Quite possible, but I'd rather have the headache of injector replacement then the Migraine of a stolen truck.

Also I'm not sure what it actually shuts off, Ill have to chase it down later on and see.
Clayton,
Josh is absolutely correct in harming the Injectors. The "safe" way to "kill" is via the FICM & I know yours is NOT currently set-up that way or u would NOT get it to start at all....Trust me, mine has a hardwired FICM kill switch

When u figure out what it is doing, let us know (curious) Just don't want to see u hurt your 6.0

Old 05-06-2015, 11:39 PM
Ford_Fan1
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Took my seats out so I could clean the carpet... I just couldn't take it anymore, something spilled 'somewhere' and was beginning to stink up the truck pretty good
Before:

After:
I think the cheetos and doritos are probably still good

Old 05-07-2015, 01:43 AM
lupuseven
YouTube Certified Mech
Originally Posted by King-bRanch
Clayton,
Josh is absolutely correct in harming the Injectors. The "safe" way to "kill" is via the FICM & I know yours is NOT currently set-up that way or u would NOT get it to start at all....Trust me, mine has a hardwired FICM kill switch

When u figure out what it is doing, let us know (curious) Just don't want to see u hurt your 6.0
I'll try to chase it down tomorrow, if dont get to it I may not be able to check until July. Tons of jobs coming up and little to no time in between them.

I've gone this long with out using it, whats a couple of months.

If it is going to the fuel pump Ill just re-route it to kill the FCIM

Old 05-07-2015, 01:45 AM
lupuseven
YouTube Certified Mech
Originally Posted by Ford_Fan1
I think the cheetos and doritos are probably still good
my dog jumped in to check them out she wouldn't touch them soooooo I think Ill pass

Old 05-07-2015, 10:04 AM
Magnolia Tom
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Replaced my 05 F250

My replacement is an 06 F350

Old 05-07-2015, 10:21 AM
LivingLarge
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Nice truck Tom.

Old 05-07-2015, 11:25 AM
Magnolia Tom
Elder User
Originally Posted by LivingLarge
Nice truck Tom.
Thank you sir! 😄

Old 05-07-2015, 11:56 AM
brandonrr
More Turbo
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
(yesterday)
I finally installed an EGT sensor into the exhaust manifold and got it working with my sct x4. I also loaded up my "PerfEcon" tune from MPT. It gave me a lot of peace of mind, considering my EBP shows over 50psi at idle and 150psi at WOT on the sct tuner. I figured it wasn't reading correct or the cat was clogged. "normal" temps for stock exhaust setup told me its just reading wrong or the sensor could be bad. EGT didn't get over 900* on a 2 mile 6-7% grade unloaded at highway speed and settled to <400* after 2 minutes of idling, so i'm not as worried anymore.

on a side note, LOVING the PerfEcon tune from MPT. it smokes less than the street tune the SCT came with and has even more power, maybe more than the performance sct tune. I am still somewhat new to diesels and very new to the 6.0 and i gotta say, I am very impressed with the power these things make, even stock. coming from an 01 7.3, i wasn't expecting so much power.

now if I could just get my oil leak(s) figured out. the drip pan in the driveway is getting old fast.

Old 05-07-2015, 12:25 PM
Sparky83
FTE Legend
Received 94 Likes on 60 Posts
As I was cleaning I debated on new carpet, turns out my Carpet cleaner had a rip in hose. I eventually literally just poured 50/50 orange cleaner on it Scrubbed it with a stiff brush then used the shop vac to suck it all up. Faster and better then my carpet cleaner when it was working. Granted replacing it would have been a lot faster.
part of the reason i want to replace the carpet is last time i had to pull it back to rip a wire harness out the PO left in there for a satalite radio (didnt leave the radio behind though) the carpet was so brittle it literally tore with little effort... also was nice they left the live wires un-capped directly under the carpet where they could have grounded out with a spark and set the carpet on fire too...

ntm theres cigarette burns, soft drink stains and hardend gummy crap stuck in the carpet.. annoys me seeing it every time i get in the truck... couple of the seats have cig burns in them too..

Old 05-07-2015, 07:45 PM
kbf1961
Senior User
Standpipes and dummy plugs

Finally got into this truck the other day. Its been many years since Ive had to do any major wrenching on a vehicle and was admittedly a little nervous about it. I dove into it before the flex head gearwrenches arrived and did major battle with the passenger side valve cover bolts. It is amazing how much easier those flexhead wrenches make the job. You've really got to get intimate with this engine to get the back bolts on these valvecovers LOL.
I had o rings for nipple cups and injectors, but after finding such an obvious failure on passenger side dummy plug and virtually no slop on nipple cups I decided to save them for another time. Thanks to FTE and youtube this job was a breeze.
Thank you, Kevin

Quick Reply: So what did you do to your 6.0L today?