1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Infant Car seats for 05 F350 CC

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2012, 03:43 PM
adbscu
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Infant Car seats for 05 F350 CC

We are expecting a baby(boy) in July and would like to know if there is anything we would need to do in order to install a car seat for an infant in a SD (05 CC King Ranch, aside from protecting the leather....)
This is our first child (but a second will probably follow in 1-2 years), so eventually we would have two seats on the rear bench.

We are only going to use the SD when towing the horse trailer or other activities that require the 4x4 or the capabilities of truck(maybe 1 time a week), so i don't care if it takes 15 min to install.

Thanks

Old 03-09-2012, 05:23 PM
meathead1134
New User
You will have no problems at all. I've got a 06 F350 King Ranch Crewcab I currently have 1 car seat for my daughter who will be 2 next month. I also have a booster for my son who will be 4 next week. I would put a protective blanket on the seat first. The running boards make it very easy to put the kids in their seats and taking them out.

Old 03-09-2012, 05:26 PM
1973Ford2004
Senior User
Congrats! Our "baby" boy will be 4 in May, but your post makes it seem like yesterday, the best feeling you'll ever have! Times change even in 4 years, I would recommend going to the Federal website for info. But what we did was get a rear facing seat with 2 bases, 1 for each vehicle, the base stays strapped in and the carrier pops out. (grow out of it fast)
If your seats are tapered we put a piece of swimming noodle styrofoam under the base to level it up. Whatever you do read, read, read did I say READ the instructions and watch the online videos from the manufacturer. IT will be the most nerve racking ride home you've ever had but it will be AWESOME. Just think when I was a kid (born in 1973) I had the ol' stiff arm across the chest at a sudden stop, LOL, no idea how I came home from the hospital, probably in a paper bag? Again Congratulations and love ever minute of it!!

Old 03-09-2012, 05:47 PM
2006lariat
Lead Driver
Received 228 Likes on 62 Posts
Originally Posted by 1973Ford2004
Congrats! Our "baby" boy will be 4 in May, but your post makes it seem like yesterday, the best feeling you'll ever have! Times change even in 4 years, I would recommend going to the Federal website for info. But what we did was get a rear facing seat with 2 bases, 1 for each vehicle, the base stays strapped in and the carrier pops out. (grow out of it fast)
If your seats are tapered we put a piece of swimming noodle styrofoam under the base to level it up. Whatever you do read, read, read did I say READ the instructions and watch the online videos from the manufacturer. IT will be the most nerve racking ride home you've ever had but it will be AWESOME. Just think when I was a kid (born in 1973) I had the ol' stiff arm across the chest at a sudden stop, LOL, no idea how I came home from the hospital, probably in a paper bag? Again Congratulations and love ever minute of it!!
I only live 3 miles from the hospital.........and it was very nerve racking!!! I also had the bases that the car seat snap's into. That made life pretty good! My kids (Daughter is 2, Son is 1) love the truck! (way better than the escape)

You can buy actual seat saver's from wal mart. That's what I use, and the seat's appear nice yet. Still get some indentation in my fake lariat leather.

I would recommend putting the little bundle in the middle, so it is easier to get the bottles, pacifiers or blanky adjustments done.

I have 1 MAJOR complaint with my super duty, Hows come A 2006 Crew Cab, doesn't have the quick tether loop's? My 03 F150, and my wife's 01 escape has them.

Old 03-09-2012, 06:27 PM
1973Ford2004
Senior User
Originally Posted by 2006lariat
I only live 3 miles from the hospital.........and it was very nerve racking!!! I also had the bases that the car seat snap's into. That made life pretty good! My kids (Daughter is 2, Son is 1) love the truck! (way better than the escape)

You can buy actual seat saver's from wal mart. That's what I use, and the seat's appear nice yet. Still get some indentation in my fake lariat leather.

I would recommend putting the little bundle in the middle, so it is easier to get the bottles, pacifiers or blanky adjustments done.

I have 1 MAJOR complaint with my super duty, Hows come A 2006 Crew Cab, doesn't have the quick tether loop's? My 03 F150, and my wife's 01 escape has them.
My '04 has the tether loops, but my wife's '06 trailblazer has the quick connect under the seats, no seatbelt needed, that was nice, except for when we had to change a flat, the jack is under the seat, lol I should my stepfather has a 1998 Dodge Dakota had to use the belt clip, that was a challenge..........so what I'm telling you is don't forget the grandparents vehicle.........and I recommend you do the strapping or at least give them 100 lessons, you may have made it growing up but it's your baby, LOL Most importantly be there for your wife and ENJOY every minute of it!!

Old 03-09-2012, 06:40 PM
2006lariat
Lead Driver
Received 228 Likes on 62 Posts
Originally Posted by 1973Ford2004
My '04 has the tether loops, but my wife's '06 trailblazer has the quick connect under the seats, no seatbelt needed, that was nice, except for when we had to change a flat, the jack is under the seat, lol I should my stepfather has a 1998 Dodge Dakota had to use the belt clip, that was a challenge..........so what I'm telling you is don't forget the grandparents vehicle.........and I recommend you do the strapping or at least give them 100 lessons, you may have made it growing up but it's your baby, LOL Most importantly be there for your wife and ENJOY every minute of it!!
That is what I was referring too. It suck's using the seat belts, compared to the quick connects. The quick connects (latch system) holds the car seats tighter, without ruining the plastic seat belt mount cover's on the floor. My belt cover's are tearing from being pulled in a direction they weren't meant to be pulled.
I just wonder why they didn't install the latch system?

Be there for your wife.............DON'T LOOK DOWN! Stay by her head and shoulders.............Trust me...........I will never look at it the same again!

Old 03-09-2012, 10:55 PM
Tylus
MMNC (SS)(Ret)

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
I've got 3 carseats in mine right

Plenty of room with 3-4" between each seat

Enjoy. Kids are a blast. I've got 4

Old 03-10-2012, 06:17 AM
2000silverbullet
Lead Driver
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
The new one's don't either. I have 4 kids, 2 of which are in forward facing car seats and had to buckle them down "the old fashioned way"...

BTW - congrats to the OP!

Old 03-12-2012, 12:32 PM
cpickner
Senior User
I have found that the local highway patrol offices are really good about teaching ya how to install the car seats. They are really helpful.

Congrats on the new baby. The 1st ride home was extremely nerve racking and exciting for us. At least what I remember about it. Our oldest is 19. And our "baby" is 13. So, it's been awhile.

Oh....and do't be offended if he pees on ya. Several times. my youngest could pee up and over my wife's head and hit me everytime.

Old 03-13-2012, 12:07 AM
MTalley
More Turbo

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Take it from "Grandpa" - keep a container of leather wipes handy. Despite beach towels, etc. covering the leather, still managed to obtain a sour milk smell after our granddaughter rode in "grandpa's truck". I'm still finding goldfish crackers every time I flip the seat back forward to get to my Diesel Kleen.

Old 03-13-2012, 12:29 AM
Tylus
MMNC (SS)(Ret)

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
I will say this

After 4 kids, leather is the way to go. Cloth seats don't hold up to the abuse toddlers can wreck upon your vehicle

With leather you can wipe and go. Can't let it sit forever of course, but within reason and you're set. Cloth absorbs and stains

Old 03-13-2012, 01:08 AM
Sand_Man
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good advice from lots of guys who have evidently been there. I've never used a car seat in my SuperDuty, but I can attest to the fact that you should put something down on the seat first (I used a beach towel), don't leave it in all the time to keep "dents" out of your leather, get the belts as tight as you can to keep the seat from moving and keep the can of leather wipes handy at all times. I also agree that the Highway Patrol is a big help for advice on this subject, and while I don't know how it is everywhere, the nurse at the hospital actually was required by law to go out to my vehicle and visually inspect the seat for proper installation.

Old 03-13-2012, 09:43 AM
onug
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I say don't worry about the dents. That just means the seats are nice and tight. I also really wished Ford put the metal loops between rhe seats. That is a very stupid oversight / cost cutting measure. Nothing should be spared for our kid's safety.

The prevoius posts about getting a second base are spot-on. They're relatively cheap and worth every penny when you need to save time.

Congrats on the baby. My two kids both love helping me wash the truck. You're in for a lot of fun!

Old 03-13-2012, 10:48 AM
Firefighter 1406
Lead Driver

Received 85 Likes on 58 Posts
Be there for your wife.............DON'T LOOK DOWN! Stay by her head and shoulders.............Trust me...........I will never look at it the same again!
I have never heard a statement that was more true then that. I also wish our trucks had the quick connect loops.

Old 03-13-2012, 10:50 AM
Firefighter 1406
Lead Driver

Received 85 Likes on 58 Posts
A lot of your local fire departments have guys that are trained to install car seats. Give a call, it's worth a shot.

Quick Reply: Infant Car seats for 05 F350 CC