Pre-Power Stroke Diesel (7.3L IDI & 6.9L) Diesel Topics Only

I think i almost kiled my truck

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2012, 05:48 PM
eatont9999
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow RW, someone really clowned around with that truck. Don't feel bad about the 6.9; they are just as good if not better than the 7.3s. Call it an unexpected bonus.

Now you just need to focus on getting your timing squared away so you can drive the truck again. If you buy a timing meter, make sure you get one with a working lumy probe. If you want to do it on the cheap, take it to a Diesel shop that has a meter, post your general area and maybe some one here lives close, or rent one from a member here.

Old 02-16-2012, 05:54 PM
Ravenous Weasel
Junior User
i was just agreeing with you guys about what you said about it being a 6.9. so now i know where it start and not going into this blind. i just want to say i relay appreciate you guys putting up with me especially festus. im glad he didnt get mad at me and leave for i kinda asked the sme qustion mor then once.

Old 02-16-2012, 06:02 PM
bashby
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Ravenous Weasel
i was just agreeing with you guys about what you said about it being a 6.9. so now i know where it start and not going into this blind. i just want to say i relay appreciate you guys putting up with me especially festus. im glad he didnt get mad at me and leave for i kinda asked the sme qustion mor then once.
Most people on here are pretty patient, sometimes someoe will ask a question and get 10 different answers, 9 of them wrong, and of course they run with the wrong ones while ignoring the right one. It usually gets straightened out in the end

Old 02-17-2012, 08:42 PM
Festus Hagen
Methanoholic
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Bah, Don't sweat it.

Originally Posted by bashby
Most people on here are pretty patient, sometimes someoe will ask a question and get 10 different answers, 9 of them wrong, and of course they run with the wrong ones while ignoring the right one. It usually gets straightened out in the end
I am definitely not in that "Most" category ... You could stack my patients on a pin point.

-Enjoy
fh : )_~

Old 02-17-2012, 09:13 PM
typefour
Laughing Gas
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Dude, slow down and quit panicking. the only external parts that dont interchange between the 2 engines are the head bolts.
The glow plug system from the year of the truck is what you want if that ever becomes an issue.

otherwise get it timed and drive it.

Old 02-20-2012, 04:30 PM
Ravenous Weasel
Junior User
OK guys i just talked to a mechanic and he said the trouble iv been having with my truck with it not having any power and it overheating. he thinks its a blown head gasket. that is not leaking radiator fluid into the oil. and i got to thinking that he mite be right for when the truck is running it leeks radiator fluid out the side of the engine right above the stater not much but a steady drip and it drips after the truck is stopped and turned off. it stops dipping after a while. what do you guys think about that?