NorCal decal

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2012, 07:11 PM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 123 Likes on 119 Posts
NorCal decal

Hello all NorCalifornians!

I was thinking of putting the URL to FTE on the rear side windows in white letters, but happened across the Hawaii chapter thread where they are trying to come up with an official decal for their chapter. In that thread are ideas from Delaware, and Maryland, and thought why not get a decal for NorCal? Obviously it will have to be approved by FTE, but I don't think that will be an issue since there will be nothing offensive in the design.

What does everyone think? Should we try and come up with some ideas for our own chapter decal? If nobody wants to it is cool, however, I want to drum up some more members for the chapter, and will be putting something on the windows. I already have a basic design, but again, only the URL, and the Nor/SoCal chapter member part. (Since I belong to both, however, for the official NorCal decal, we can just omit the SoCal part.)

Let me know what you guys and gals think.

Jim

Old 02-09-2012, 12:28 AM
olfordsnstone
Lead Driver
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I think it's a good idea.

Old 02-09-2012, 01:12 AM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

I am not a graphics designer by any stretch of the imagination, but I am sure we can find one somewhere, or if it is simple enough, have a vinyl lettering shop make one. Found one on the net I was going to use for my simple lettering, maybe they an do a bumper sticker type thing or something. I liked the Delaware examples, both had an outline of the state in it. Maybe we can do that in ours. I like the So Cal design, but don't want to copy it.

Jim

Old 02-09-2012, 11:29 PM
olfordsnstone
Lead Driver
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Post links to the designs you're referring to so I can see them, please.

Old 02-10-2012, 01:39 AM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Old 02-10-2012, 07:46 AM
hanklin
Hotshot
Received 684 Likes on 397 Posts
Good Job Jim
fwiw, I like the top Delaware one best. I like flags!
Lets keep the thoughts coming. When I have a bit more time I`ll look around myself.

Old 02-10-2012, 08:20 AM
SteveBricks
FTE Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Here's some more, just to give you some ideas

Old 02-10-2012, 12:43 PM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Wow, I like all of those designs. Most of them have the outline of their state in there, and of course, everyone knows SoCal is known for its beach babes, so that is appropriate. We will have to come up with something unique. It is a shame that FTE doesn't sell their bumper sticker separately. I cannot afford $60 right now to get one (and a shirt I know, but still only one bumper sticker.) and be a premium member. I like that little twist on the Harley theme.

So, what is Northern California known for? Redwoods? The golden gate bridge? Maybe incorporate one or both of those in the design, or anything else someone can think of to make it unique to Nor Cal.
I like the top one of Delaware also. I like that Ford emblem with the flag in the middle. However, I like the way South Carolina did their URL with red white and blue. I will tweak my simple design and see what happens. I used to be pretty good with Coreldraw back in the day. Maybe I can dust off the old mouse pointer and whip something up.

Jim

Old 02-10-2012, 01:44 PM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Okay, this is what I have so far, however, this was originally designed to fit on the bottom of the Broncos rear side windows. After seeing other state's designs, I want to make ours unique also. As mentioned above, maybe we can include the Golden Gate Bridge, or redwoods, or something, but I am not sure how to go about doing that.

I added the red white and blue after seeing the North Carolina chapter's logo. However, for some reason my red and blue seem washed out.

Jim

Old 02-10-2012, 03:45 PM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Hey guys

Found this awesome shot of the Golden Gate Bridge, and added the info.

What do you think good or bad let me know, just throwing ideas out right now. Nothing is final yet. I can change the fonts, add something to it, or whatever.

Jim

Old 02-11-2012, 06:33 AM
hanklin
Hotshot
Received 684 Likes on 397 Posts
Me thinks you are on the right track Jim. Too bad I`m just not that creative

Old 02-11-2012, 10:22 AM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

I wish I could draw. (Stick men don't count! LOL) I notice all the other designs are somebody's artwork, not a photo. And this particular photo is copyrighted. So, unless I can get in touch with the person, I may have to find another one. However, I did find a similar one and it is not copyrighted, so I may just use that one. This one looks better though. It is widescreen compared to the other one. Of course, this is just the first idea. maybe someone else can come up with a different one. I am still looking for a line art drawing of California to incorporate into the pic somehow.

Jim

Old 02-11-2012, 10:28 AM
SteveBricks
FTE Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Just to throw throw this out there, you might want to consider the cost of reproducing the image in vinyl for a sticker. Generally speaking, the more detail and color there is, the more expensive it's going to be. I think the cost of that NJ chapter sticker was something like 15 bucks a piece to make, where our SoCal badge type stickers were only a dollar each. I'm sure it varies from place to place on the cost, but it's something worth thinking about

Old 02-11-2012, 11:02 AM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

That explains why I see no photos used in the designs. However, that simple design I posted first, without the red white and blue was going to cost $12 to $14 each. However, it was 32" long because I had planned on putting it on the Bronco side windows, and wanted it big enough for everyone to see. Sort of like this one, however, mine would only have 3" tall letters.

If we go with something like the Golden Gate Bridge photo, then I was thinking maybe bumper sticker size. Then I would just put it in the lower right corner of both rear side windows.

Jim

Old 02-11-2012, 01:02 PM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Okay, one more time. Instead of a photo, we can use a drawing.

Still not happy with that shade of red and blue though. Will see if I can change it in Coreldraw. They both look washed out. If I can get a California outline, I would like to put it where the big white cloud is and then put the Northern California Chapter over it

Jim

edit: Of course it will not be this big, more like 4 inches by 4 inches.

Quick Reply: NorCal decal