6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

Why I DO NOT recomend DieselSite boots.

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 11:18 AM
hubler13f
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Why I DO NOT recomend DieselSite boots.

I put these on between a year and a year and a half ago, and had one blow a hole through the side so of course I was unhappy and ordered a replacement set from Riff Raff. It wasn't until I took it off and inspected the thing that I realized what has been happening with them. I think the pictures tell the story, and needless to say I am pissed, and felt that I should warn others.

Just so there is no doubt these are a DieselSite product.

Heres one of the blowout that forced me to change them and led to my discovery.

Notice something missing??? How about the whole inner silicone layer!!!

Wonder where it went??? Oh yeah, straight into my intercooler to clog the core and eventually break down into pieces small enough get sucked through and straight into the engine.

In all fairness, I have a Diesel Site coolant filter and am completely happy with it. I haven't contacted Diesel Site yet but plan to immediately following this post. I will report back on how they handle my complaint.

Old 02-01-2012, 11:38 AM
amdriven2liv
I'm hitting easy street

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
Wow, well,

That pretty much shuts down that manufacturer.

Time for those with these boots to pull them off for inspection!

Old 02-01-2012, 12:00 PM
jimmyv13
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old 02-01-2012, 12:26 PM
Ian123
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the pics, glad I got mine from Riffraff. Tried to rep you but it wouldn't let me

Old 02-01-2012, 02:57 PM
npccpartsman
Hotshot

Received 69 Likes on 43 Posts
Ouch--that's not EVEN good.

Old 02-01-2012, 03:34 PM
Dieselpop
Senior User
That's kind of getting the boot in the axx. Keep us posted mine are about 9mo old would like to know if they are going to do a recall or let all the motors go up in smoke, let us know what Bob has to say.
pop

Old 02-01-2012, 05:08 PM
jimmyv13
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Dieselpop
That's kind of getting the boot in the axx. Keep us posted mine are about 9mo old would like to know if they are going to do a recall or let all the motors go up in smoke, let us know what Bob has to say.
pop
Have you pulled your boots to check the inside condition?

Old 02-01-2012, 05:23 PM
Nitrous
Elder User
Good luck with getting those replaced. I had an issue with a part I bought from them and sent them a short email questioning the part. I got a nasty email back telling me that they would not replace it and I could purchase a replacement from them. I will NEVER purchase from dieselsite again, and there's no need to because there are so many other options out there.

Old 02-01-2012, 06:02 PM
hubler13f
Elder User
Well, I don't know what Bob has to say, but according to Sheryl I have been led astray on how my 6.0 works and that it doesn't matter what boots I use. I call BULL SCAT.

I guess he called me earlier but I was drivng and couldn't talk to him at the time, I tried calling him back and got voicemail, to which I left a lengthy voicemail letting him know that I do understand how my motor works and that there is no other place that silicone layer could have gone besides clogging part of my intercooler or get sucked through it and into the engine.

Simple truth is that I used their boots. Their boots have a very thin layer of black silicone layer on the inside. That layer was stripped off by the air flowing out of the turbo and through it, meaning it FAILED. Then at some point the pressure got to great for what was left of the boot (probably because of a partially clogged intercooler creating pressure on the hot side IC tube) and it blew a hole through the side.
Sorry I read Sheryl's Email and it pissed me off even more.

My Email to them

Hello,

I think you should take a look at the attached pictures and you will understand my frustration. The entire inner silicone layer was stripped from this boot by the air traveling through from the turbo. That silicone has been sucked into my Intercooler, clogging it and eventually building up enough pressure to blow a hole it this boot. Now I believe some sections of the core in my Intercooler is clogged and will need pulled and backflushed in an attempt to get the silicone out, which I am very doubtful I'll be able to create enough water or air pressure to blow it out. I think the pics speak for themselves. I ordered replacements from Riff Raff Diesel.

A Very Disapointed Customer
Jeremy R. Hubler
2005 Ford 6.0

Their Response

Jeremy,
Bob tried to give you a call concerning your boots. You would benefit from a discussion on your issues and he’d be more than happy to help you out. You can feel free to call him on his cell phone at 352-257-1669. It won’t matter whose boots you are running, he’ll be happy to help you understand your issues. It seems as though you might have been led astray or have some incorrect understanding of how things are working with your 6.0L

Thanks,
Sheryl

Old 02-01-2012, 06:07 PM
Nitrous
Elder User
No surprise there.

Old 02-01-2012, 06:28 PM
Jimbob8
Junior User
I'm interested in hearing Bob's story, what could he say to make it your engines fault.

Old 02-01-2012, 07:01 PM
BLADE35
Hotshot
Received 74 Likes on 53 Posts
Originally Posted by hubler13f
2005 Ford 6.0

Their Response

. It seems as though you might have been led astray or have some incorrect understanding of how things are working with your 6.0L
Thanks,
Sheryl

This Sheryl is a compleate DUMB A$$ She shouldnt have said that last part

I would be MAD as Hell especialy if I got this Email

Just from Her statement here shows she is clueless

she REALLY should get her act together before she starts telling Folks they dont know Squat when its obvious who Doesnt know what there talking about

I want to know what a failed CAC Boot has to do with your Knowledge or anyones knowledge about the 6.0

It would be in there best intrest to refund your money and make it right
With the internet the way it is these Companies Are almost Forced to make it right or everyone will Boycott them

just look what happened to Performance Machine Mfg over there coolant filters

These companies can get a bad Rap FAST

I wonder what everyone else is going to find that are running the same CAC Boots this might be a very Hostile thread in a few

I take it the Oil Ate the thin layer of silicone yall better be for checking your Boots Before your Intercoolers are Plugged to

Old 02-01-2012, 07:05 PM
Nitrous
Elder User
I was also insulted in my email from Sheryl. Like I said, NEVER again.

Old 02-01-2012, 07:07 PM
amdriven2liv
I'm hitting easy street

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
Hope they come on here and school us.

Old 02-01-2012, 07:12 PM
hubler13f
Elder User
I just talked to Bob, he's a heck of a nice guy. He explained that his wife didn't mean anything by the E-mail and was probably trying to give a long winded explanation so not to be rude. I told him it just seemed insulting to me and it felt like she was saying I needed someone to call me and explain how my engine works.

He explained the makeup of the boots and that the material on the inside is not silicone and is the same crap O-rings are made of. He began explaining how an EGR malfunction that can cause boots to blow out, until I stopped him and explained that My EGR system is completely MIA. I should have just heard him out though because now I am scratching my head wondering how an EGR malfunction could blow a boot.

He then asked if my truck was tuned and I said yes and he explained that material can withstand up to 600*F and that with a tuned truck doing alot of playing around how the turbo could heat up the intake air flowing through and so on and so forth. (Not like I could say I don't have fun in my truck) Makes a little bit of sense because the boot that failed was at the turbo and the one at the IC was still intact.
Edit: I still don't think it would get that frickin hot.

He explained that he did have a few problems and blowouts when the 6.4 came out and that the boots have been significantly improved since I bought mine 1.5 years ago.

He really wanted to make it right and probably would have sent me a new boot if I wanted him too, but I just told him that I was running Riff Raffs boots now and I'd see how long they will last.

Quick Reply: Why I DO NOT recomend DieselSite boots.