6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine
Old 11-19-2014, 06:22 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Fuel System Guides
Print Wikipost

Fuel system problems, warranty possibly denied

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2012, 08:03 PM
consolidated
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jspeedracer88
I have as much knowledge about this as all the others here that have already had the failure. I just got my truck back from a 6 week hpfp repair which started when my truck was new......
We're in the same boat. I'll pm you.

Old 01-27-2012, 02:19 AM
brandon4
Fleet Mechanic
Received 282 Likes on 131 Posts
We all would.like.to hear any and all hpfp stories crazy 001. Respectfully....... :-)

Old 01-27-2012, 06:39 AM
Tom
Super Moderator
Received 672 Likes on 441 Posts
Originally Posted by brandon4
We all would.like.to hear any and all hpfp stories crazy 001. Respectfully....... :-)
Of course we would Brandon! That's why I suggested he start his own thread!

Old 01-27-2012, 09:54 AM
consolidated
Freshman User
So first they asked for receipts, they were provided. It was just the first tier method of denying warranty, the easy way out. Ford has shut my dealer down and now wants to see the HPFP, fuel tests, receipts...if they find anything, anything they don't like about any one of those items then warranty will be denied.

I can only hope the future recall or class action lawsuit pays me or my insurance company back someday if it comes to that. I have no doubt that Ford and Bosch secretly know they have a ticking bomb on their hands, if it can happen to me then there will be many many more failures and soon they won't be able to just blame the fuel.

Old 01-27-2012, 10:07 AM
porthole
Cargo Master

Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by consolidated
I have no doubt that Ford and Bosch secretly know they have a ticking bomb on their hands, if it can happen to me then there will be many many more failures and soon they won't be able to just blame the fuel.
Bosch certainly knows - Google Volkswagen and Bosch injection pumps. You think we may have problems?

Old 01-27-2012, 11:35 AM
brandon4
Fleet Mechanic
Received 282 Likes on 131 Posts
Sorry Crazy, I misunderstood......easy on the ! (loud punctuation). :-)

Old 01-27-2012, 11:48 AM
rickatic
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by consolidated
So first they asked for receipts, they were provided. It was just the first tier method of denying warranty, the easy way out. Ford has shut my dealer down and now wants to see the HPFP, fuel tests, receipts...if they find anything, anything they don't like about any one of those items then warranty will be denied.

I can only hope the future recall or class action lawsuit pays me or my insurance company back someday if it comes to that. I have no doubt that Ford and Bosch secretly know they have a ticking bomb on their hands, if it can happen to me then there will be many many more failures and soon they won't be able to just blame the fuel.
Does this truck now need a second HPFP? One was installed a while back...on a truck that ran. I still smell dealership screw up and Ford kicked back the warranty claim.

Mike

Have you filed a NHTSA safety notice? It takes five minutes on line and the form is available at NHTSA.gov. Very important. If it has happened twice, as it appears, I recommend filing a separate form for each occurrence with the respective failure dates.

Anyone notice these 6.7 repairs are costing more than the infamous 6.0 Ford debacles!!!!

Shame on Ford....maybe those rumors of yet another Ford diesel coming soon are not so far off base...

Peace

Old 01-27-2012, 02:20 PM
jspeedracer88
Freshman User
Crazy, not trying to get in the middle of this, just trying to give my experience with this topic and what I went thru like many others. I was simply trying to help out. Sorry for giving useful information to the OP.

Old 01-28-2012, 08:07 PM
porthole
Cargo Master

Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by rickatic
Shame on Ford....maybe those rumors of yet another Ford diesel coming soon are not so far off base...

Easy Ric - took me a long time to cross the bridge

Old 01-29-2012, 10:42 PM
FishOnOne
Lead Driver
Received 1,447 Likes on 893 Posts
Anyone notice these 6.7 repairs are costing more than the infamous 6.0 Ford debacles!!!!
Rick, Where's your data to support this statement? I would like to see it but I'm sure you don't have any to support such a statement. Very disapointing to make such a statement!

Hopefully it's not the Duramax LML with the failed HPFP described in this thead! LML Died today. - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Peace[/quote]

Old 01-30-2012, 02:52 AM
huntindog
Senior User
Originally Posted by Troy Buenger
Rick, Where's your data to support this statement? I would like to see it but I'm sure you don't have any to support such a statement. Very disapointing to make such a statement!

Hopefully it's not the Duramax LML with the failed HPFP described in this thead! LML Died today. - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Peace
[/quote]

I don't think that the Dmax had a failed pump.
Read what the dealer said:

"Strange thing is that the truck finally started on Friday afternooon and was running when the service mgr called me. He was uncomfortable with the fact that the truck just started working again. He had the GM Tech people on the phone and they recommended the replacement of the pump. Part should be in on Monday and I should get the truck back on Tuesday."

If it really had a bad pump, it would NOT start and run again. Also, on the final parts list they did not replace all the items that would be required in a pump failure.

Old 01-30-2012, 05:41 AM
Bobmurp1
Senior User

Peace
[/QUOTE]

It's not the failer that bothers me/all of us it's the way ford is getting out of it and treating there customers. If they know there's a problem with these pumps way aren't they fessing up and building a new pump for the recall? Are they going to wait 5years when there's hundred of thousands of them on the road, makes no sense to me I would fix it as fast as possible to avoid a bigger bill later and bad press. And they can blaim bosh and come out squeaky clean!

Old 01-30-2012, 05:44 AM
Bobmurp1
Senior User

Peace
[/QUOTE]

And to boot GM got him a rental and dropped it off at his work and fixed his truck with no problems! Not a good comparison.

Old 01-30-2012, 06:42 AM
roadkingfl
Elder User

It's not the failer that bothers me/all of us it's the way ford is getting out of it and treating there customers. If they know there's a problem with these pumps way aren't they fessing up and building a new pump for the recall? Are they going to wait 5years when there's hundred of thousands of them on the road, makes no sense to me I would fix it as fast as possible to avoid a bigger bill later and bad press. And they can blaim bosh and come out squeaky clean![/QUOTE]

X2 Totally agree, Government Motors handled this whole situation in a classy manner, and so did the dealer...The problem with hpfp is not as big an issue as the way Ford is weaslingout of warranty coverage...disgusting.

Old 01-30-2012, 08:06 AM
rickatic
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Peace
[/quote]

The 6.0 issues were running $6000 to $8000 dollars. My HPFP repair was $10,000. Another customer pay HPFP failure posted here was $12000. Even using modern math, the HPFP repairs are more than the 6.0 head gasket jobs.

Not too long ago, more than one member here and members at other Ford forums mentioned being told that their dealers had told them the 6.7 was only going to be around a couple of years. The comment was followed by the "little devils"...obviously a joke...my apologies that you did not get it...

Peace

Quick Reply: Fuel system problems, warranty possibly denied